CHAPTER 20
548 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Varix arrived at his apartment after a long drive. Although it only has one room, one bathroom, and a kitchen, it does have a small living room. Varix, who is currently living alone, has adequate space in this apartment. He chose this small apartment over an extravagant one because he is the only one who lives here.

Varix says, "Home sweet home," as he checks the fully furnished apartment.

He and Kyrie looked for the right place for him for a month. This apartment is close to his new school, yet it is a considerable distance from Eliteia's mansion. It's ideal because it's far from Eliteia's mansion and Blaise can't go to his apartment often since it's far.

Varix immediately enters the kitchen to prepare his meal. He learnt to cook thanks to the mansion's chef, and he is constantly complimented on his culinary skills.

The doorbell rang as he was busy preparing dinner.

It was already 7 p.m., and he hadn't expected anyone to visit him.

He walked over to the door and pushed it open. And he was greeted by a red-haired lady.

"Good evening" The red-haired lady greets him hesitantly.

On second thought, this person is quite lovely. Her height is about a varix shoulder. Even if she isn't wearing any make-up, she is still attractive.

Varix assumed that this red-haired lady on Eliteia was years younger, perhaps in her late twenties, and that if she dressed nicely, she wouldn't lose on Eliteia. She merely wears a grey turtleneck and a long skirt, which, despite the fact that it hides her skin, accentuates her ample breasts, which are considerably larger than Eliteia and Blaise's.

"Good evening," Varix said respectfully, a lovely smile on his face. "How may I help you?"

She hastily explained her present to Varix: "Oh yes, I heard someone is renting this apartment today, which is why I want to give this to you."

"Thank you," Varix responded, gratefully receiving his neighbor's present.

By the way, my name is Sachiko Hield, and this little girl here is my daughter, Syris Hield, "she said softly as she carefully took the tiny child from behind her.

Varix was taken aback when she saw a small, red-haired girl who looked a lot like Sachiko, and she was incredibly cute, especially with her plumpy cheeks.

"I'm Varix Xerthine. Hello, Little Princess. " He knelt down and tried to rub her hair, but she swiftly fled behind her mother's back before he could lay his hands on her. Varix can still see the tiny girl giving him nervous glances.

Sachiko gave an apologetic look and said, "I'm sorry, my daughter is pretty shy."

"No, it's fine; it's also my fault; I carelessly patted her."

"We live right next door to your place."

Varix gazed towards the door next to him reflexively.

"I hope you enjoy our small gift to you. Those are cupcakes. Those were baked by me. "

"Oh really? I'm pretty sure I will enjoy these cupcakes. Cupcakes are one of my favorites. Varix looks at the box he's holding with great excitement, eager to taste it.

"Please don't expect too much; that's just a homemade cupcake," Sachiko said as the little girl tugged at her skirt, prompting her to bend down and whisper to her mother.

"Sorry, Sera needs to go to the bathroom right now. Nice to meet you, Mr. Xerthine."

"It's okay. It's also a pleasure to meet you. And you can call me Varix if you want. "

"All right, Varix."

As they enter their apartment, the mother and daughter are

Varix then went inside as well, thinking that he had good neighbors and that he could easily befriend them based on his impressions of them.

He finished cooking his dinner, and thought that he can give some on Sachiko. After he packed it and went on Sachiko's door.

He pressed the door bell and after a seconds it opened.

"Hi, since you gave me a present. I thought to give this."

Sachiko was flattered when she saw the food Varix had cooked. She gave it a brief glance before accepting it.

"To be honest, I don't expect you to give me anything either."

"If someone gives me a present, I have to give something in return to return the favor. I have to go now. Bye, Syris. Goodnight! " When Varix spotted a small child peering behind her mother, he decided to bid her farewell.

Sachiko shuts the door and stares at the tupperware she's carrying before placing it on their table. She felt a tug on her skirt and looked down.

"Mama, Ish a good guy?"Her little princess was anxious to ask her a question.

"Mama believes he's a kind man; look, he went out of his way to give us this," Sachiko said as she scooped up her little princess and smothered her in soft kisses.

"No hurting... no hitting us?" Syris asked, her eyes welling up with tears as though she remembered something horrific.

Sachiko is worried and scared when she sees her daughter's wet eyes. "No one will hurt us again, Mama promised."

Sachiko sits her daughter in a child's chair and says, "You're hungry, right? Let's eat now. "

She noticed her daughter was staring at the tupperware Varix had given them.

"Would you like to taste this?" she asked as she opened the tupperware and smelled something delectable and aromatic.

Syris gave a bashful nod. Sachiko smiled as she prepared to feed Sera.

"What is it?"

"Delicious!"Sera exclaimed, "Mama Delicious!" as she clapped her hands happily.

Sachiko is intrigued by Syris's reaction and wants to know what it tastes like. Syris had never reacted like that before, and she only ate the food that her mother prepared for her. Later on, she tasted it as well.

"Hmmm.. it's really good"

Sachiko genuinely likes the meal.

"Mama, feed Mama! Ahh!" Sera exclaims, then she opens her small mouth. Sachiko unable to contain her laughter.

"Don't laugh, Mama! Feed me faster! "her daughter exclaims, pouting and puffing her adorable pink cheeks.

Sachiko expresses her gratitude to Varix in hushed tones. It's the first time she's seen her daughter smile.

 

21