Intermission 1- Diary of one Isabel Blood; Year 1 to Year 5 of the Seal.
88 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is the Diary of one Isabel Blood. Dated from Year 1 to Year 5 of the Seal.


My name is Isabel Blood. It has been five years since I wrote within a diary. I am now twenty-three years old.

It was decided by the remaining shadow guard, that we shall date everything based upon the time since the seal had been placed upon my mother.

I write this in year five.

When the event happened, nobody knew what to make of it. We didn’t panic, we didn’t need to. There were contingencies in place if ever the Queen died.

But the seal that was placed upon her, creating a barrier around the throne, was a little out of expectations.

I was still in shock when the first reports of the Human Empire of Knoll declared war upon us.

We tried rally our forces, but we were caught utterly unprepared for conflict.

The none vampire races that lived within our cities suddenly rebelled.

Those that didn’t join them, were mercilessly hunted down and killed. All those groups used the day to act, and had the ability to use light magic.

We had been infiltrated with spies and enemy agents. Somehow, without us noticing, they had turned our own people against us.

Targeting only Vampires and their supporters. The swept across our land like a title wave.

We couldn’t win.

I was acting as Queen in all but name at the time. I tried my best, but my best wasn’t good enough. With a heavy heart, I ordered the survivors to flee and survive, while I retreated back into the palace.

We sealed the wings off with the runes within. The palace was built upon a magic fault that the barrier was tapped into, making them all but impenetrable for all but the most powerful of legendary beings.

I gave up my titles, my name, everything I was. I joined the shadow guard as penance for my failures.

They trained me in their ways. Gave me the name Phi. The last of the shadows. The lowest rank of all Twenty-One of us.

I am still training now. I have not risen in rank, but my dedication to the training has shown in my progress.

I’m not sure I wish to lead again. I was not a good ruler. I was not a good Queen. I failed my people, I failed my mother.

Whatever Alpha decides, I will do it. A Royal I may be, but for as far as I am concerned, I am nothing more than an insect.

It is hard at times. It’s been four years already, the humans has taken over our vast lands. They have entered the palace and sealed it with a shoddy barrier.

That seal is nothing compared to what we have. It didn’t take long to completely replace their barrier with our own we control.

We have settled on shifts, seven would remain active at any given time. While the others will go out and seek food and people to use for our needs.

There has been talk about putting those off duty into a deep sleeping stasis.

We remain hidden in the shadows. I only hope we can remain as such.

One day, I hope I can find penance, and forgiveness for my failures. For now, I obey, for I am not a royal any longer, I am not a princess, I am not my mother’s daughter. I am but another unit, number twenty-one; Phi.

Signed; Shadow Phi.

 



 

Hello! Xen here! ヾ(•ω•`)o

Thanks for reading this... intermission chapter? Side chapter? I don't exactly know what to call this chapter. It isn't a main number chapter, that's for sure... (´・ω・`)? Anyways, thanks for reading!

I'm still working on the next chapter, and it has come a long way, but... I need more time, so I hope this intermission was enjoyable in the mean time between chapters. I'm currently ironing out some of the character detail, lore and world building, and events to take place in the near future. Although I started writing this story with a vague idea in mind of what I wanted to do and where to go with it. I didn't exactly have a plan in mind. I'm working on correcting that!

Lucy Blood will be back, and the difference between who she was before being sealed, and who is now she is free, will be drastic to say the least. Expect blood to spill in the near chapters.

The next chapter will hopefully come within a week, latest next Friday... hopefully...

Here's a cookie! []~( ̄▽ ̄)~🍪 Thanks for reading! Until next time! Bye Bye! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

5