Chapter 2: Revenge
127 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Revenge

 

After my conversation with Selia ended, it was time for me to go for the next steps. I had to arrange two urgent meetings for that specific day.

First and foremost, I need to meet, Clair the Vice President.

Clair, The best way to describe her is that she is the closest person to my personality. I can rely on her decisions to manage the most difficult situations. She is clever, sharp, and strong. We used to practice martial arts together, but she quit not long ago because of an injury on her left arm during a practice fight. She is also one of the people that can make a lot of sacrifices to achieve their goals. I do not wish that she become one of my enemies one day. That is why I'm placing her right beside me.

As for the category that she belongs to, I was not sure if it was the same as mine or not.

I called Clair. I was sitting at my desk and looking at the street through the window as I started explaining: "Brody is getting Selia tonight, get Theodore's crew with you, and make sure she does come, and most importantly" I turned to face her and completed: "she does not commit suicide."

"What about the other part of the deal" she replied 

"The trucks will pass the frontier tonight, and the warehouse tomorrow morning."

"And, we are not letting that bastard, touch her right ?"

"As long as he is doing his part of the deal, I can not risk not do mine."

My company is a financial technology that serves as an online payments system as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods such as checks and money orders, but that is just the visible part of the iceberg.

We also sell and trade important personal and confidential information and statistics gathered due to our large network. The products that Brody is helping us let pass the borders are some illegal advanced hardware used to keep up with the evolution of security.

'Now it's time for me to meet with Brody'

As I left my office, I looked up at Selia. She was working, her eyes were red and full of tears. I acted indifferently and left.

Afterward, I met Brody and set up a time and a place for the event.

Brody is an ugly-looking man with black hair and big round glasses, and he is from the Brain-locked category. When he was, young he fell in love with a girl from his class, and she rejected him. She had an older boyfriend back then, and he was a student in the military school.

After getting rejected, Brody decided to join the military as well. He served the military for years until he became a lieutenant general. 

Brody never forgot about his childhood's love, and this time he was willing to propose. But unfortunately, he got rejected once again, and a week later, she got married. Later on, her husband died in an accident, and her parents got extremely sick.

That woman is none other than Selia, and all those deaths were suspicious to me, so I started digging, and that is how I knew about Brody.

Brody would do anything for a night with the woman he loves. I made his dream come true, and in exchange, I gained 2 million dollars payment before the plan start and a bypass for my products after the night of his dreams.

Clair was a big help for me to make this plan even tho she still doesn't appreciate letting Brody sleep with Selia. The only thing that caught my intention back then was that Clair was trying passively to delay the plan, and without insisting too much, even tho I felt like it was important to her. My conclusion was that something is happening, either Friday or Tuesday, the days that she would have to put in extra work. Friday is because we need the day right before the weekend, and for Tuesday, it was easily predictable.

For the last Friday, I made her stay with me most of the time, and when we got separated, I followed her myself and tracked her, but nothing was suspicious. And for today, I did not feel the need to follow her since she will be working this time with a crew of people, that I trust.

'It is 6:00 PM. Everybody should be leaving the company by now. I'm tired, I think I will go home.'

I contacted Selia and Clair with the time and the location. 'I should be having a confirmation from Clair for Selia's arrival, and 30 minutes later another confirmation that the trucks passed the frontier. Every piece is in its own place now.'

At 9:00 PM, Clair called saying: "Selia did join Brody, but we have another problem here."

"What is going on ?"

"The company is on fire."

I took a brief moment to think and come up with a plan and said "Let me talk to Theodore, he should be with you right? "

"Ok"

"Theodore, on the phone"

Then I said, "You answer quickly and preferably with yes or no. Where are you right now ?"

"Close to where Selia entered, hiding on the cars."

"Can anybody else hear our conversation right now ?"

"No, Boss, I think it's not time for this, we can see the fire coming from the company's direction."

"Okey fine. Keep watching Selia, I'll handle that problem."

I ran to the place, the firefighters were already in place, and they took off most of the fire. One of them said "Hey, are you the boss here? Luckily for you, the fire didn't damage the building. The damage was only on the plants and trees surrounding it. And it was probably caused by a cigarette."

I decided to step inside and have a look. The light source was damaged, and the only light I had was from my smartphone. Surprisingly I heard somebody's footsteps inside the building, so I turned off my phone to not give up my location and bend down low.

"Who is here," I said, expecting no answers.

After a brief moment, I started to feel dizzy.

"So this is how you want to do it, poison" 'if he is using poising, hiding won't gain me anything anymore.' I ran towards the exit, but I felt before getting out and lost consciousness.

I woke up, and I was tied to a 'T' position in my office. I finally can see clearly. It was  Clair, the one responsible for this.

"What is the meaning of this?" I said

"Oh, Hi Boss."

"I'm not dead yet. It means killing me is not what you want, so let's settle this quickly."

"You are mistaken, boss. This is the end of you."

She had something hidden underneath my desk. It was a large and clean ax.'That should be the weapon she will be using.'

"Don't be scared, boss. I won't let you die easily." 

"Is it the hand ?" I said with a dominant smile

"So, you do remember after all." her voice started to rise as she continued "You do remember when you broke my arm, when you destroyed my dreams." As I was preparing my answer, I felt life was getting suck out of me, then a shock of pain came from my left arm. 'Where, where is my arm ?' I screamed in pain after I realized that I lost my left arm; with a powerful swing of the ax, she pierced through meat and bones, revealing a clean cut on what's left of my arm. My eyes were blurred with pain, and then I felt even a larger wave of pain coming in. She was burning the injury. She is trying to keep me alive.

"Not, like this Boss. I'm not done yet. Do you remember what you did when you broke my arm? You kept attacking me like a murderous beast."

She made sure I won't die instantly of bleeding, and she released me. She took 4 spets backward, then said "ready or not, I'm coming " She dashed towards me, I tried helplessly to move, but I was completely paralyzed. She struck me with a full power push on the middle of my face. I started to see flashes of my life. 'Is this the end? I, I refuse to die. How dare you?' I opened my eyes again, and screamed with a voice full of anger "How dare you?" On my right was a cup of glass, I took it with my only arm left. The cup was out of her vision hidden by the desk, so she didn't notice it. I hardly stood up, my left side on the front so I can hide the cup behind. "Tell me one last thing, was the mission a success? "

She responded "She never came, the woman Theodore saw was just someone else dressed like Selia. " 

"So, no easy death for you vice president ."

"What are you talking ..."

Without letting her finish her words, I dashed towards her and I spun around myself. Putting all my force to my right hand I aimed for her head. She reacted defensively and used her both hands to block the attack. For a brief moment, it look like I missed her, which was purposely done. After she covered up her right side to block my attack, I swung my hand in front of her face to hit the wall with the cup of glass on her left. 'Now that I blurred her vision, I'm ready to attack.'

With the same momentum, I got into an attacking position; my right arm stopped behind me and gained back force to strike again, with the help of my lower body to stabilize, and with all the power of my upper body, I stroke her face as hard as I could. Clair went flying to the other side of the room, her face gouty at the point where you can barely recognize her. 'I'm about to blackout at any moment, I need to finish her.'

I thought about using the ax, but it was too heavy for me at this state.

suddenly she moved and started waking up, without thinking I run towards her with my maximum speed and struck her head as she lifted it, and right towards the wall behind her, causing the wall to get cracked. A split of a second, before the hit happened, I looked at her for the last time, she opened her mouth helplessly, but no scream came.

 

3