Chapter 6: Arrival
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: Arrival

 

I was pretty sure that the person attacked me from behind, and the two newcomers, are not together because their attacks were not coordinated, and the two newcomers were acting like we didn't know about them yet. My head got back to where it was, and I finally realized that I cannot use an ability that I stole more than once because I tried to harden my body with metal first and it didn't work. The only one I had left at that point was the body and senses enhancement ability on top of my original one. People behind me understood nothing, and they affirmed that they saw nothing. 'An invisible attack?' Focusing on my hearing instead of my vision I started hearing footsteps around me, and they were getting louder and louder. Then Benjiro screamed "Someone is there." and he pointed towards the footsteps. 'Now I know where you are' I lowered my center of gravity and immediately dashed towards the invisible man. I stroked his face, and he went flying to hit a rock behind him. I rapidly followed him and grabbed him from the throat. "Invisibility, what an interesting power for a woman to have. Especially when you are using such a heavy weapon like yours, an ax." I said as she was turning back visible.

She was a woman from our group, wearing a black hoodie, and covering her face with it. Her ability was invisibility, and she had an ax as a weapon. I told her "Let me give you a piece of advice. An assassin should use a small and light weapon and most importantly not make sounds when he is hiding " I stopped for a second and completed "Unless if it is your curse?" As I was going to unmask her face, we got attacked by a huge rock, and I had to let her go.

"Not bad. Are you the leader here?" said the young teenager.

"Just body enhancement abilities. We can handle them quickly and go for the next summons. " said the muscular man. Then he added "We are the The Lion Cub organization. Either you work for us or we will be killing you one by one till you do. " I responded arrogantly: "Why would I follow someone weaker than me?"

"Why You always make it hard for us!"

The teenager closed his eyes put his hands on the ground. A sort of a black hole appeared under him. He got into it and was gone. The muscular man started screaming "Haaaaaaaaaaaaa..." His power was to grow up on size. He started getting bigger and bigger to the point where his foot was covering a surface of 15 meters long, and he had a height of around 120 meters. He grabbed a rock nearby and threw it towards us. I jumped up flying in the air and said "The physical abilities I have are far stronger than what you think." With only one punch I destroyed it while it was still in his hand. I flew to his face as he was still surprised by how strong I was and not expecting me to fly to him. I spun around myself to gain momentum and stoke him with my right leg on the top left of his head. "Martial Arts Technique: Downward Roundhouse Kick"

The power of my attack was enough to destabilize him and make the earth shake. As I was preparing to make a second attack to take him down, Akira appeared. With huge eagles’ wings and the body of a gorilla, he flew faster than me towards the muscular giant man and hit him on the chest with an even more powerful punch than mine. The giant man started collapsing, and transforming back to his normal size.

"Where did you get all this power from?" I said with my eyes wide open.

he responded, "I just combined different animals' powers."

The big man was not done yet, as we were talking and he was collapsing, he swung his giant hand to try hitting both of us. With the weight of his hand, his attack was deadly, and we noticed it too late to dodge it. I turned towards it a moment before it hits me, and activated my ability. His hand flew through me like a ghost penetrating a wall. On the other hand, Akira couldn't avoid the hit. He turned to a turtle and hid inside the shell. He took the hit and got pushed to pierce the ground, to end up deep inside. With my enhanced vision, I saw him turn immediately to his tree form to rest. His injuries were harmful but not deadly.

The fall of the giant muscular man and Akira created clouds of dust on the area. I got back to the ground, and the young man appeared in front of me and said "The power of a ghost, that is your power." He closed his eyes and made another hole under his feet again, and got into it. He then appeared behind me with another one in his hand and his eyes still closed and spoke. "Blackhole: Instant Destruction" I activated my ghost invincibility again and waited for his attack, but surprisingly hit attack touched me.

I concluded that his Power was to make portals on his hands as black holes, and his curse was that his eyes have to be closed. And the ability he used, Instant Destruction, wasn't damaging, he instead teleported me outside the earth's atmosphere. For a normal human body, it wouldn't last more than a minute, but in my case, I was on my ghost form, air pressure, cold, and lack of oxygen, aren't going to kill me. The view up there was fascinating, I was amazed by how the world looks like from here. 'It's not time for this, I need to get back. Let's see how fast I can cross around 500km with my full speed!'

 

Taki

Everyone was shocked. The strongest man in our group got instantly deleted, and the second strongest got planted to the ground. Following this organization was our only option. Then the young man spoke: "Don't be scared, even though you will start as slaves, you might get promoted. And as long as you are not appointed useless, you will live. Also, as far as I know, beautiful woman gets promoted faster than others." A woman jumped to stand in front of him and said, repeating what Ray said: "Why would I follow someone weaker than me?" 

He responded: "You really want to die like that arrogant weakling?"

"Die?" She said.

The fight started, the woman jumped towards him to attack, he closed his eyes and threw one of his black holes towards her. She changed direction mid-air, like if she stepped on the air to do so. And with incredible speed and agility, she dashed everywhere to appear behind him. As she was going to strike, he said with his eyes still closed and a smile on his face. "I knew, you would try to do that" And created another hole behind him. Her facial expressions got seriously out of the sudden, and she disappeared again to show up in front of him. She punched him before he realized what happened. With a strike as strong as Akira's, he flew to hit a giant rock behind. My focus was on the young man that got hit on the face, but moments later, I noticed that the woman had only one hand left. The one she used to hit him, vanished. Then he got up raging with injuries all over his body and said "Blackhole: HumanX." He added addressing his friend "Hey! Stop playing dead and wake up, you indolent! I need your help here." He responded: "I hate this job, man!"

Ignoring her pain, the woman started running towards the injured young man. The muscular man stepped in, grew up in size 5 times bigger, and attacked her. She jumped up and focused on him instead. With the only hand she had left, and with a high speed, she hit him on his face. The big muscular man got knocked miles away from the strike and was having a hard time standing back up. The woman seems to be stronger than them as she injured them both. But the same thing happened again, she lost the hand she used. The young man said: "Why do you think I'm teaming up with someone like him? With HumanX, anything that touches me disappears, but also, I can give this ability to somebody else. With his huge body, we can even destroy the world." He started walking towards her as she was standing still and losing a lot of blood from her cut arms. He grabbed her from her neck, lifted her, and said "You could've made a wonderful whore. " As he was going to kill her, the ground started shaking and then exploded. It was Akira, he finally woke up. He had the appearance of a humanoid white tiger. His facial expressions were showing extreme anger, and he was looking scary and fearsome. He screamed like a beast in the wild and flew to them. The big man was still on the ground recovering from the last attack he got. Akira was running towards him first. Then the young man said, with the woman's throat still on his hand "Don't move or I will kill her."

Akira was showing no hesitation and kept targeting the wounded man. The young man threw the woman, closed his eyes, and created a hole down his feet to teleport. Akira Immediately changed directions and increased his speed to show up in front of the young man and attack him. With his bestial claws and his killing attentions, he swung his hand to cut the young man in half, but unfortunately, the young man reacted at the last seconds to move and escape death, but he got his leg injured instead. The big man got up and tried to sneak from behind, and attacked Akira. He couldn't land a single punch, even though Akira didn't bother to turn back to see his attacks to dodge them. The muscular man grew up in size again and tried to crush Akira, and once again he failed. Ignoring the big man Akira started walking towards the young boy to finish him, who was down on the ground holding his leg from pain. Akira was moving slowly to him as if he was pushing his power's limits. The young man started hopelessly throwing black holes, towards Akira, but he dodged all of them. Once he was close enough to punch the young man, Akira raised his hand as he was getting slower and slower with every move. And then we saw him freeze in that position, grow some roots and turn into a tree. 

The young man was looking scared, and as he was about to show some relief, the woman kicked him in the face like a soccer ball. Barely standing and with her legs shaking to the point where she couldn't even lift up her head, she said: "Welcome back, Cap..."

We all looked up to the air to see Ray flying in the air idly by safe and sound and looking down on us.

He said "Eight minutes and a half, not bad. What is your name woman?"

She responded "MakiZeying Maki."

2