Chapter 12: A lucky eavesdropper
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: A lucky eavesdropper

 

Ray

 

(☆ₒ☆) "Ray's friend? He is so awesome and strong," said Maki, and she completed with her hands thrown in front of him, asking for a handshake: "My name is MakiZeying Maki!" He awkwardly shook her hand and said ノಠ_ಠノ:" Nice to meet you!" I interrupted them saying: "What are you doing here, and how did you end up in this world?"

He responded with a serious face: "There is a lot that I need to tell you about, boss." Then Taki coughed and Selia got worried about her. They walked away to get some food.

And I told Theodore: "Ok, say what you have. And one more thing, I'm not your boss anymore. I'm just Ray now."

"Brody, the man that wanted Selia. He is here too. He is not in the Elthias kingdom, but apparently, he followed you guys to this world."

"That bastard is obsessed with Selia. Even I, couldn't protec.... Anyways how did you die? And what happened that night?"

"You do remember when you assigned me and Clair to make sure Selia goes to Brody?"

"Yes, I do remember that clearly."

"Well, after that Selia joined BrodyClair attacked me from behind. And before I die, I heard her talking with him. She said that she wanted to kill you by herself. He responded: "I will give you the honor to do it. After all, I got Selia, and that's all that matters." And she left. After some minutes, the room where I was laying down lightened, and I heard the voices of a group of people. That was the last thing I remember before coming to this world."

"It seems like you died before me."

I was looking at the ground, thinking about the situation. He said: "Does this mean she killed you?"

I raised my head, looked at him, and said: "No... I killed her, and then somebody else attacked me." And I turned away again.

I said: "And what are you doing in the Elthias kingdom exactly?"

"I was on a summon nearby. They took us to the capital, and after a lot of questions and blessing tests and strength checks, I am now one of the special forces of this kingdom. But apparently, they are not doing so well lately. Prince Marshall, left the city a long time ago with a lot of its soldiers, five from the special forces included. And lately, they all got attacked."

Maki said (¬▂¬): "And only that Marshall survived, because he had a power that he stole, and blah blah blah. We heard that story millions of times already."

Theodore said: "You know about all of this? How? I just got that information hours ago."

"It is because he was the one that wiped out the city," said Akira while pointing towards me.

Theodore (ʘᗩʘ’): "What do you mean 'he wiped out the city'? If that's true, were you going that easy on me when I was fighting you?"

I responded: "Yes and yes. I honestly thought that I killed them all. Now I want to know more about the circumstances of the change this made."

Theodore ( ◞‸◟`): "Uuuh, the sky darkened, we spent a lot of time here, let's go to my house and finish the talk."

 

Selia: "Your house is amazing! Do you live alone?"

He responded: "Yes, for now. It is because I am now one of the special forces. We are considered the main military force of the kingdom. I became one just because I picked a strong ability, and I knew how to use it."

A big house, the kind in which most people dreamed of growing up. Secluded among trees on one of the most exclusive streets, it has turrets, gables, dormers, balconies, a screened-in front porch, a gazebo, and a pool.

"You want some drinks?" Said Theodore. After that we got some drinks, he continued: "You just came to this world, and yet you are the most wanted man in this kingdom already."

I said: "I had no choice but to kill them."

He said: "And by the way, I heard they caught someone suspected to be the criminal. Do you know anything about this?"

"Is he a big and muscular man?"

"Yes, he will be executed in public next few days. You have a hand in this as well?"

"Yes, but I wasn't expecting that to happen. By the way, he is the only one alive who knows what really happened. I tried to kill him, but he escaped."

"Well, all of your actions led to a very bad position for the kingdom. Other royal families are planning to take advantage of this situation to invade it and kill the king."

"Do you know the blessing of this king?"

"Every royal family has a specific blessing, and it is forbidden for anyone to pick one of theirs. If they find out, you will either be killed or sold to the kingdom that has your power. The Elthias family, for example, are all power stealers, but what's different between them is how their powers work and also the curses. None of you is a power stealer, right?"

I said with a fake smile: "We can talk about my blessing later." And I looked back to see the others all looking at me sweating out of stress ⊙﹏⊙.

I turned back to Theodore and said: "What are your plans now? are you going to fight with them? Or..."

He interrupted me saying: "Hell no, I'm going with you. It's boring living alone here, adventuring with you will be so much more fun. And also," His facial expression got serious, and he continued (҂⌣̀_⌣́): "I want to find Brody and Clair. They killed me, they betrayed us, and they did hurt a lot of people. I'm looking to get my revenge." We all slept, and we picked up the conversation between me and him the next morning on a tavern nearby.

I said: "I need to recruit strong people. I plan to build a large kingdom, to have more freedom on my actions and decisions."

"I know that when we fought, you were going easy on me, but I don't think you can be as strong as one of the kings. The most recent kingdom was built 20 years ago, but it was an exception for this one. They say that they got help from another unknown king, and its purpose was to unbalance the power in the world. This change caused a lot of problems among the 8 original kingdoms, claiming that the four pillars should have only 2 kingdoms each under them."

"I deleted a city alone with a single attack, remember? How I'm I not strong enough?"

"Deleting cities is something most of them can do easily." A young skinny male sat beside us and said: "Sorry if I interrupted you, but I was wondering what is special about you two?... Sorry, my uuuh, my blessing is Luck, and I was lucky enough to have Lucky as my name." After a moment of silence, he continued (╥_╥): "One day, this joke will make someone laugh." We ignored him, stood up, and were preparing to leave. He said: "I overheard your conversation. Would you mind paying for my drink first, I came here without money." Theodore stopped and got some coins out of his pocket, wanting to pay for his drink to shut him up in case he really heard our conversation. I held his hand, and said: "Aren't you supposed to be lucky?" As we turned to leave, somebody's wallet dropped in front of him. We ignored him and left the tavern. He followed us outside and said: "You can't just leave like that after I spent all my life savings on you two." He ran to us and said: "Don't ignore me like that!" We kept walking not paying attention to him and a fight started in the tavern because of a missing wallet. He said: "I have information that you might be interested in. I know how and when this capital is going to be attacked."

 I stopped, looked at him, took a few steps towards him, and said: "Your blessing is Luck, right? Let's put it to test first." Without waiting I raised my hand to punch him in the middle of his face, expecting him to use his blessing to avoid it. But he didn't react to it, and I hit him on the face. Theodore said: "Luck is your blessing? Lies!" Suddenly a random knife was thrown towards where Lucky's head position was. Theodore walked toward him and said: "For what reason you are lying about your blessing?" I said: "Wait! My attack just helped him avoid the knife." Lucky stood up covering one of his cheeks, and said while feeling frustrated (≖_≖̥): "I'm running out of luck. The way my blessing works is that I get an amount of luck every day, and I can either preserve it or use it. I decided long ago to hold on to my luck and use it all at once. Today I used all that I gained for years, and I met you."

 I said: "Hahahaha. You are indeed lucky. With physics like yours, a punch from me should put you down. But you moved unconsciously to where my hand would hurt you the least, and my attack itself pushed you away to avoid a more dangerous and deadly knife attack. I believe you. So, what is the information that you have for us?"

He responded: "I have a condition first; I want you to let me accompany you. All my luck is spent on you anyways." I accepted, and we walked back with him to Theodore's house.

When we arrived Maki and Akira were fighting in the backyard. ‘They both got stronger, they will be a great help to us in our next fights.' We entered, sat down, and Lucky started explaining: "Three days from now, one man will drop from the sky to enter the city. It must be the same day when a death sentence is carried out. Once he is in, he should be able to kill thousands of people. But all of this is only a distraction to bait out the soldiers from defending the king. This is how the city is going to be attacked."

 I responded: "The king's son must be in the city as well for the execution. If the yare targeting the royal family the son must be a target as well"

Theodore said: "But the spell protecting the city, how are they going to break it? No one has ever done that before."

Lucky said: "The way they were talking, I felt like the man responsible for the spell is collaborating with them."

I said: "Who are 'They'? who is behind all of this?"

"I actually don't know. I didn't pay that much attention to it back then."

"Ok, we will prepare for this, in case this information is correct. For the meantime, you will be staying here." I said while looking at Lucky.

 

 

Note: Hello readers, this is QML again. I would like to know if you liked the new style. I feel like it would help to imagine the facial expressions better and add a comedy aspect to the story. I would love to hear your opinions in the poll or the comment section below. 

What is your opinion on the new writing style(symbols facial expressions)?
  • Great add 👍 Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No difference Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just remove it 👎 Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Feb 12, 2022 02:13 PM.
2