1. Reincarnation and Status
246 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jingakurui Kousuke, a 2nd year middle school student, chuuni.

During his ordinary school days, he stumbles upon a cliché situation.

A speeding truck, a little girl on a pedestrian crossing, and screaming from the nearby mobs.

He did what any normal otaku would do.

Yes. He stole the little girl's chance to get isekai'd!

He pushed her out of the way and replaced her position. The truck was a little far from his position but it's a small detail which he ignored. He waited patiently with his arms spread wide open, ready to embrace his destiny.

There was someone calling him insane at the side, but he ignored that person. Those who can't comprehend the magnificence of Truck-kun only deserve to remain ordinary forever, never to experience the wonders of isekai.

And, like any ordinary otaku, he reincarnated. With a system!

'Huh? It's warm, and I can't see... Is this that troupe? Am I still a fetus?'

[Ding! System AI is commencing

...1%.. 49%.. 73%.. 100%..

Welcome, host! To the world of the supernatural!

Would you like to open the starter gift pack?]

'Open it!', he shouted in his mind with unmatched enthusiasm.

[Ding! Opening starter gift pack..

Received items: 3x gacha spin]

'Eh? Gacha? Gah...'

He has a faint premonition that this is gonna drain all his mental strength, but he grit his teeth and decided to spin the gacha anyways.

'Nothing ventured nothing gained. Since I just got reincarnated, surely, my luck should be at an all time high? Spin the gacha!'

A big wheel appeared in front of him and started to spin. He can't see what's written on the wheel, but surely, since this is a system, the rewards couldn't possibly be bad?

After a while, the gacha stopped at a certain place.

[Ding! Skill 'Taijutsu Specialization' obtained!]

[Taijutsu Specialization: Host can learn any and all types of taijutsu without restrictions at an accelerated pace.]

He felt a faint pain in his body, but it went away as soon as it came.

'Well, it's good, I guess? I would've been happy if it was an overpowered skill, but as they say, we should not ignore the foundation. Now, system, spin the gacha again!'

[Ding! 'One-time Skill Upgrade' obtained!]

[Skill Upgrade: Upgrades any skill the user has to a higher ranked skill.]

'Ooh, fancy. But I don't have any skills I'd like to use this card on. Normally, in any game, legendary tier items are very hard to obtain. Let's save it for later. Now, the last gacha spin. Start the spin!'

The gacha started spinning again, and soon stopped.

[Ding! Obtained skill 'Six Eyes']

[Ding! Critical triggered! Cursed Technique: Limitless obtained]

He felt pain. Not in his body, but somewhere inside him. Soon, the pain faded away, replaced by a surge of memories.

He also felt very different. He could now sense space. Although, he can't control his power well yet, he knows he hit jackpot.

[Limitless: Is the base form of all techniques that utilizes space and void.]

[Six Eyes: Six Eyes provides vast perception and immense brain processing power. Allows the host to see the supernatural eve without learning any spells. Can control Limitless to a subatomic quark level.]

'I don't feel so good. Must be because my body is still adjusting to my new skill, but since this is an useful skill, I'll ignore it for now. Right, there's something more important. System, what are your functions?'

[System functions:

-Status]

'Huh? Is that it? Where's the store, inventory, quest, and other functions? Also, where did the gacha go?'

[If you want to get powerful, System advises host to train hard. As for the store, quest and other functions, they interfere with the laws of this universe, so they will not be available.]

'Then wouldn't gacha also interfere with those laws? Also, isn't my existence itself a cheat?'

[Your reincarnation is a result of Truck-sama, which is accepted multiversally. As for the gacha, it is a function limited to the starter pack. You won't get any further assistance from the system.]

 'Tch. A system with an attitude. Well, it's fine. I'll work hard.'

[Ding! Confirmed that host used the Starter gift pack sent from Truck-sama.

Commencing System AI auto-delete...

...Deletion confirmed!

Last message: We hope that you enjoy your reincarnation in this supernatural world!]

'What? Is that all? Hello?'

There was no reply.

He can see only his Status screen.

There was a Health, Mana, and Spiritual power bar at the edge of his vision, but nothing else. If he willed it, he can see his skills, but that was all.

'Huh, it was a jerk system. Whatever. I already obtained the cheats so it's fine either way. I should save the One-Time Skill Upgrade and use it at the best opportunity. I'm tempted to use it on either six eyes or limitless, but I'll save it for the future. Who knows? Maybe I'd get lucky and get a more powerful skill?'

With that hope, like any ordinary otaku would, he started training from when he was just a fetus. The training was nothing fancy. He can see a weird type of energy, but he doesn't know what will happen should he mess up, so he just meditated.

It will be torture for him until the day he will finally be born. And meditation is all he could do.

By the time he was born, he achieved a new skill.

[Health: 10/10

Mana: 12/12

Spiritual power: 2/2

Skills: Six Eyes ; Limitless ; Taijutsu Specialization ; Meditation Mania]

'See? Even the Status screen says so!'

Like that, he was reborn in an isekai, waiting for the unknown adventures that he'd surely take part in.

4