Vol 1 Ch 3: A tragedy
700 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Nimata's point of view]

"Lady Nimata." Aman Burges made his way through the crowd and stood before Nimata who still watched the two who walked out the adventure guild.

"Ah, Aman. What brings you here?" She asked glancing in his direction.

He placed his hand to his chest and bowed his head a bit, "I came on behalf of your father the Duke." He says.

Oh, that old fart again?

"Is that so. I won't be going back home. I found something interesting in the adventure guild." Nimata says with a smile that could scare children.

"Lady Nimata, please don't smile like that. It's frightening." Aman says dryly.

She covers her mouth instantly, "does it? Well never mind that Aman. Let's follow those two." She says.

"The losers from earlier?" He asked.

Nimata smiles at him, "Aman, it seems you're a blind fool." She mutters.

Well, it's a great thing because only she had noticed that the supposed losers from earlier had a small amount of demon energy spewing from them.

How fun, it looks like she'll get some nice interesting toys this time.

 

....What's this? Lady Nimata is a two-faced hero!

[Back to Reesa]

The collection quest was an easy one. I only had to collect a certain flower and the quest was over. At least it was supposed to be like this. I glared at the men that blocked our way. Deep in a forest with a glowing purple flower in my hand, Kika and I had ran into a ruffian group of men.

"Looks like the intel is correct, demon ogres!" A man with an eye patch says with a lecherous grin.

When did it happen? I stared at Kika who was on his knee gripping his arm and snarling at the humans before us. His mask was knocked a few feet away and his hood no longer covered the small horns sticking from his head.

No, when were we discovered?

"Who are you people?" I asked clutching the flower tightly.

The men looked at me and then began to laugh among themselves. I don't like this feeling that something worse was about to happen.

Is this my fault?

I wanted to leave that boring cave and become even stronger. In this world where survival is for the fittest nothing is easy.

I should have known better. I should have left Kika there. Taking him with me was a mistake on my part.

"Kika, are you alright?" I asked my gaze not leaving the enemies before me.

After their laughter died I can sense a shift in their movement.

"Don't worry about him, he won't die. After all the person who paid for us to do this want you guys alive." The man with the patch says.

So they were commissioned by someone? 

I should have known. I took a step back but was immediately grabbed from behind by someone. I struggled as something sharp was put to my neck.

What the hell is this? I didn't sense this person at all!

"Good, remove the mask." The man orders.

Before I could even react my mask was removed and my face revealed.

"Oho! Look what we have here."

I struggled against the person who held me tightly. Let me explain to you what others are seeing from the perspective of these men.

[Men's Perspective]

 

Reesa

Race: Demon Ogre Title: None

Age: 15

Appearance: small stature at 5 feet. Flat chest and thin figure. Also has small green horns sticking from her head. Long black hair as black as coal. Her only redeeming feature is her skin color; which is a pale pink, and her face; which is very pretty and angelic. Her eyes were a dark red with her pupils being shaped like thin ovals.

Some of the men's eyes were blazing with lust while others saw money lining their pockets.

"It's a high quality demon ogre! Men this is our lucky day!"

[Back to Reesa's Perspective]

"I think it's a waste if we hand you over to that person. What do you think men?" The man with the eye patch asked.

"That's right Leader. If we sell her she'd fetch for an even higher price than what that person offered!" The man that held me says.

Not good.

"Mistress!" Kika yells and tries to stand. Tears flowed down his cheek and his eyes were filled with desperation.

It reminded me of the day he first begged to follow me.

"No Kika! Stay down." I yell.

I may complain about how annoying he is. I may feel burdened at times, but if something ever happened to him, I think I would lose it.

The man with the patch took his foot and slammed it into Kika's face. Kika hit the ground and lands on his side.

*Cough!*

"Kika!" 

That Asshole! How dare he!

He's not moving. These damn bastards! I grit my teeth.

"Ha ha! Isn't this grand? We have a cute demon and a really pretty one. I can see our pockets lining with money!" The man with the patch laughs.

"What's this. You want to steal my toys?"

That voice!

 I noticed at first, a figure standing where the sun's rays broke through the trees. I can't believe this, "Hero-Sama?" I asked.

"Call me Nimata, remember?" Nimata says with a smirk.

"You! Why are you here?" The man with the patch yells.

Nimata unsheathes her sword and points it in his direction, "simple really, I didn't trust a bunch of ruffians to bring me back my merchandise." She says.

He scowls, "no matter, we already have the demon ogres in our hands. There's nothing you can do." 

Nimata looked at him as though he has said something foreign and then burst into laughter.

She wiped a tear from her eyelash, "this is so hilarious. I'm afraid that you have forgotten who I was." 

Like a flash of light the men that came with the man with the eye patch let out screams of pain. They were covered in flames and reduced to nothing but burnt flesh, even the man that had a hold of me. All that stood was the man with the eye patch.

"Clean up this mess." Nimata says.

As though he had been there all along another man clad in golden armor appeared from the trees.

Using some type of magic the armored man made every body disappear.

"What did you do? My men!" 

Nimata sheathes her sword then walked over to grab the man's chin, "let this be a lesson to you. Cross me again and I'll kill you." She says an aura of red flames surrounding her body and emanating killing intent.

The man with the eye patch scampered away so fast that I was sure he left a dust trail behind him. Nimata turned to look at an injured Kika that was passed out on the ground and covered in injuries.

She crouches before him, "damn, what bad luck. To put such hideous scars on my toy. It's sad really. Aman, kill the boy." Nimata says straightening.

"No! Don't touch him!" I scream.

Anger boiled inside of me at the mere thought of losing Kika. Before I could stand to save Kika the sword was already plunged into his chest right where his heart was. Then to make it worse, the hero lit him on fire, since just stabbing the heart will not kill him.

Nimata grabs my hair and yanks me back.

"How cute, I will surely have fun with a feisty toy such as yourself." She says.

I watched in utter horror, the sword that plunged deep into Kika's chest and the flames that burnt his body to a crisp. It was a scene that replayed over and over again until I fainted.

 

...What will become of our FL who witnessed the death of Kika?

 

 

23