Vol 1 Ch 7: A Magnificient Ancient Beast!
575 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I blinked feeling confused. Is his master flying on something with wings? It's too bad I can't see anything from inside.

Til turned to me with a smile, "come on, meet my Master." He says waving me over to follow him.

"Is it really okay?" I asked feeling a bit nervous.

Til grins, "of course!" 

Honestly, it felt like a fan meeting where one meets their idol for the first time. This master saved my life so I was feeling like my heart would fall out of my chest. I then made my way to the door that opened to reveal the snowy landscape outside. Besides the snowy landscape was the most astonishing sight that I've ever laid eyes on.

A dragon with golden scales that shined like crystals stood with a majestic aura. So beautiful!

"It's a dragon, it really is a dragon." I breathed.

I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Reesa, come on and meet Master. Don't be shy!" Til says running towards the dragon.

This Master he spoke of, could it be this dragon?

"You seem confused." The deep voice was like honey that washed over every inch of my body.

It was most likely the voice of the dragon. Before my eyes the dragon began to glow and take a new shape. I couldn't help but gape at the man that now stood before me. Though he now had a human form, his tail was still in place and so were the white and golden-tipped dragon horns on his head.

This man....

He's gorgeous. I mentioned idol but he may even look better than Jungkook. Or is it just me? Sure, I've never seen men this handsome, that much is obvious. Especially one with a firm jaw shape and stern expression. He even have this cool and mature vibe oozing from him.

Was there such thing as a man with hair that golden and long? It was practically longer than mine! Or even the fact that he had a muscular body through the tight fitted tunic he wore? That much manly sexiness is a crime, you know!

I covered the lower part of my face. Holy shit, I think I might have a nose bleed!

No!

I slapped my cheeks so hard that the pain snapped me back to reality. It garnered looks of worry from the other two but I was fine with that. I should calm down. My hero is standing before me and all I can do is gawk? I'm not some crazy fan who can't control my libido.

Instead I must thank this person properly. I bowed my head instantly, "thank you for saving me!" I yelled as loudly as possible.

I was sure that my whole face was pinker than usual. Oh man, this is embarrassing!

"It was no problem. Lets head in so I can tell you more about that night." He walked past me to the cabin.

That night? Why would he know about it? "I'll make tea, Master." Til says leaving the two of us to ourselves.

When Til returned with the tea was when the dragon began to talk. "Let me first introduce myself. I am an Ancient Dragon known as Yset Bright. But you can call me Bright. I want to clarify that the time I found you was not a coincidence. Honestly, I've been following you for a while now." He sat his cup of tea down.

"Wait. You've been following me? Since when? And why?" I asked.

I mean shouldn't I have noticed such a large dragon following me around is the more obvious question. He crossed his arms and leaned back, "from the moment you entered Forland City, I believe. But if I had not followed you and saved you, I'm sure you would've died." He says.

Is he trying to justify his actions? I mean I'm grateful but stalker much! Well, if it's a man that looks like him...I might not be too upset about it.

"Alright, I get that much. But why do I feel like you have more to say?" I asked.

"Do you remember anything from that night?" He asked.

I frowned.

"I don't remember much but the stench of blood. Til says I massacred entire city though." I say.

"So you know the end result. Then I don't have to tell you much. How do you feel after hearing that you massacred an entire city?" Bright asked me.

I thought it over. If I want to say how I feel, then I would say that I felt relieved instead of guilty. Would he judge me as someone terrible if I admitted that?

"You don't need to worry about me judging you. That's not why I asked you in the first place. What I want to know is how far are you willing to go." He says.

"How far? What do you mean?"

"Are you willing to go beyond that? Let's say maybe world domination. Having every human bow down to you. Walking on eggshells because of the fear they feel toward you."

I think I can understand where he was heading with this but I wanted it to come out of his mouth.

"Are you trying to clarify something?" I asked taking a sip of my tea.

"That's right. I want to clarify your goal. I can see the potential in you." He stated.

Potential?

Potential to do what, exactly?

"For what?" I asked.

His next words nearly made me choke on my tea, "to become a powerful demon lord." He answers.

I spewed my tea out and instantly regretted it as it lands all over his face. I wiped my mouth as he took a small hand kerchief to wipe his face.

"I'm sorry." I tell him.

"It's quite alright." He says sitting the hand kerchief on the table next to his cup.

I sat my cup down and stared at him, "what do you mean by what you just said?" I asked.

"You hate humans am I correct?" He asked his eyes staring right at me.

I see, so that is what led to this.

"I guess there's no point in hiding it. But with what you're trying to suggest, does this mean that you also hate them?" I asked.

"I do. Since it's their fault that my family died." He says.

Oh...

He didn't jump into that story but instead he kept silent. I guess he didn't want sympathy or something like that. "Alright. Let's say I agree to becoming a demon lord or whatever. What are you to do with me?" I asked.

"I'll be your loyal servant, teach you the ropes, and help you build your evil empire." He says.

"If that's the case, then I should know everything about you, don't you think?" I asked.

He was silent for only a moment, "if you give me time, then I won't mind telling you about myself." He says.

I guess that will suffice, for now.

"Can you elaborate on how you will help me then?" I asked.

"I can teach you how to use magic. How to prevent certain magic from harming you and how to defend yourself in other ways. I lived this long knowing these things." He says.

"Then, I accept your offer. I'll become a demon lord, no wait, a demon mistress. Since the idea of world domination sounds like the perfect revenge." I told him.

I must get stronger after all.

...The start of an unbreakable relationship has began!

 

 

 

27