Vol 2 Ch 4: Closer to the End
225 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Damn, could it be Lizard eggs?" The leader asked.

The Lizards that surrounded them hissed, it was clear their eyes were on the item in her hand.

"Leader, just give the egg to the damned lizard." A mercenary says.

No one dared take their eyes off the lizards.

"If I hand these eggs over, can you gaurentee that the lizard won't attack us?" The Leader asked.

It was that question that had everyone stumped.

What happens when they give back the eggs?

Will they really be out of danger?

 

Female Lead's Perspective

 

"It seems they're in quite the predicament." I say staring at the veiwing portal.

Next to me was Hina who had that child on her lap.

It's been four days since we brought the mercenaries to the forest and one by one they had began to die.

I didn't get sick or felt any sympathy for the death of these humans. 

It's clear that I have changed drastically due to my demon lord form.

"Mistress, I would like to ask when will our guest arrive?" Hina asked

"It should be any day now. I only want at least five survivors to arrive." I pointed out.

The games had only just began. It wouldn't be any fun if they all died outside the fortress.

 

Another's Perspetive

 

"Oooh, the smell of fear has me feeling great! I'm so happy my Mistress gave me this wonderful task. Hurry up and arrive humans!" Baslisk says with a slight tremor in her tone.

She was getting impatient and wanted to see blood so badly.

It's too bad that she had to save that muscular human for her master, though.

"Those lizards got killed so easily, I wonder if the snakes will be able to kill any humans. There's still a lot of them left, at least fifteen. I'll be sure to kill a few of them before they leave to enter the wastelands." She muttered.

She then clapped her hands together in delight, in her thoughts she can pratically taste the flesh of human in her mouth.

"My Mistress, my Mistress. What do I do!" She cries.

It's clear this monster is insanely obsessed with making her mistress happy.

 

Back to the Mercenaries

 

"Damn, we lost those three injured. We managed to kill all those lizards as well. I'm beat." A mercenary says.

After taking down those lizards they chose to leave and make their way further into the forest.

It was best to not stay in one spot.

No matter where they go they always seem to run into danger.

That's not all, they learned that in certain parts of the forest there are hidden caves with items or potions.

It's clear that these were planted on purpose.

Even so they were useful items. With only eleven of them left now, it was clear that most of them won't make it out of here alive.

"What do we do Leader? If we continue forward more of us will die!" Mercenary Illiard says.

"If we stay here, we will all die." She says.

It's just that simple. Staying in one spot for too long was more dangerous than anything.

Whatever big boss is out there, it's clear someone was purposely making sure they kept moving.

And it was obvious that they were being pushed in one direction.

The other mercenaries were beginning to panic.

But it made sense, they started off with forty of them and now they were down to eleven.

They barely get a chance to sleep before another monster appears and kills more of them.

She was starting to understand that this was just a sick game for those damned demons.

After a few hours they began to move again.

After all they had no choice but to do exactly what those monsters wanted.

 

Another's Perspective

 

"They're coming, they're coming. I'm so excited!" Baslisk did a little dance.

It won't be long now, the mercenaries will finally be able to leave this forest.

Of course they would have to defeat her first.

Her face was smiling in a way that was creepy.

She couldn't control the drool that trickled down her chin.

"I shall take my time with these humans, right?" She muttered.

It was a happy day for Baslisk the snake Queen.

 

Back to the Mrcenaries

 

"Shit, snakes! They're huge!" Mercenary Lilian says as she cut down a snake.

It had not been long before they stumbled upon a snake pile.

The size of the snakes were pretty impressive, she'd have to say a bit bigger than a regular sized anaconda.

Even so they weren't that big of a problem to deal with.

"Wahhh!" A nearby mercenary is seen being swallowed by a snake.

Well that's if you're strong enough to take it down

"We have to keep moving!" The leader yells.

The other mercenaries followed after her.

They took down some snakes on the way.

Neither of them realizing that they will soon stumble upon the boss of the forest.

 

 

8