Vol 2 Ch 6: Baslisk Appears
187 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why should your Mistress matter to me?" The Mercenary Leader asked.

"You dare speak this way! It's no matter, you will know pain like no other. Be grateul that you miserable life is worth something puny humans." The demon says.

"Stop yabbering and hand over the gift already." The mercenary Leader demands.

"Fine, I shall grant you this gift. Don't die, since it wouldn't be fun if you did so." She says while waving her hand.

After a soft golden light, something appeared floating before the leader.

When the light dimmed a hammer with gold carvings took it's place.

"What is this? Is this some kind of sick joke?" The mercenary leader asked with a bit of dismay and took hold of the hammer.

The demon chuckles and disappeared without answering.

What the hell! She knew not to trust that damned demon!

 

Wrath Hammer

Damage Dealer: 20    Durability: 50%   Attack Power: Lightning Strike

 

What a shitty weapon, it's not even half as good as the hammer she already wields, well slightly better.

"Is that it, Leader?" Mercenary Jameson asked with a questioning expression..

She sighs.

"Let's enter. We can only hope that the beast behind the door doesn't cause us problems." She muttered.

The ten of them went up to the door and it opened immediately.

It was like last night never happened.

Behind the gate was like stepping into a whole new domain. It was a swamp like area, nothing like the forest they just left behind.

She got this vibe that the monster in this swamp will be a bitch to handle.

"Shh." Mercenary Illiard placed a finger before her lips.

Sure enough the sound of rustling could be heard.

 

SFX: Hissss!

 

A vision of a snake that was as long as a tree came out of the forest.

But this was no ordianry snake, this one had the upper body of a human-like figure.

"Welcome my guesss. It'sss a pleasssure to meet such delectable prey!" The snake cries out with a gleeful cheer.

The ten mercenaries felt fear that they never felt before.

This monster was on a whole new level.

 

Baslisk

Type: Snake Demon            Level: 80

 

"Looks like we're at a disadvantage here." Mercenary Leader says clenching her hammer tightly.

"How the hell are we supposed to fight that thing!?" Mercenary Timth asked pointing at the Snake Demon.

It reared in anger, "Thing?!? Baslisssk isss not a thing! You stupid human, die!" The snake brought down it's tail on top of Timth.

 

SFX: Crack!

SFX: Splat!

 

It was so fast that not a single one of them saw it coming.

All that remained of Timth was blood mixed with tiny pieces of his flesh.

Lilian Screams and falls to her knees, while the rest of them shivered with terror.

"Hmph, ssserves that human trasssh right. 

This is not looking too great, that damned snake has a temper and if someone pushes it's buttons it's likely they'd all die here at this very moment.

"Shit, Timth." Mercenary Jameson says gritting his teeth.

"Play with me humansss! If you beat me I promissse to let you go." The Demon snake says with a gleeful leer.

How on earth can they get close to that snake?

"Hey, Illiard. Looks like we'll need your Archer skills. Can you find a high point where the snake can't reach you?" Mecenary Leader whispers.

Illiard nods and finds the right moment to sneak away.

"Oh, what'sss thisss?Are you fleeing perhapsss?" The snake's voice was close.

Mercenary Leader was glancing over to see the large body of a snake in her sights.

When the hell did she get there?!

Illiard disappears from where she was, and the sight of something slowly going down inside the snakes belly was clear enough to understand what just happened.

"Be good Human Leader. Don't want to lossse anymore of your human comradesss, right?" She asked, then slithered away.

Fuck! 

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

 

Female Lead's Prspective

 

"Oh boy." I muttered.

"What do we do Mistress? Looks like Baslisk lost all reasons." Hina says with a concerned expression.

Well, I was looking forward to some guests. Don't think these mercenaries will make it out alive.

"It's no matter. The first batch of guinea pigs was more or less a failure. It's a shame, but it only means they resulted to this much." Gasper says.

Gasper is a Ghoul with the ability to raise the undead. He works under Xivir the Spider Demon

He's right. It's not a problem if they didn't make it to the fortress. It would have been nice though.

It's going to be an issue if I can't raise the levels of my subordinates.

Well, I do have other methods. Like sending thm off to eliminate small cities or villages.

"Four left, that Baslisk sure knows how to get things done." Enrus says.

"Yes, she sure does." I agreed.

 

 

7