Vol 2 Ch 9: A New Batch of Guinea Pigs
220 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What a crowd! Lookssss like the missstresss got way more insssects than the lassst time. Ssso many more people to play with, delisssh!" Baslisk says with glee.

Baslisk wipes the drool from her mouth and shakes her head.

"Ah, I ssshould calm down. The missstress will punisssh me more if I kill too many again."

Just as she thought this several days go by and the human finally reached her domain.

Looks like about fifty managed to make it this far.

"Mistress, how many shall I kill before getting defeated?" Baslisk asked.

"Five, give a good show for our Mistress, snakey." Yumo says.

"The dog? No one asssked you, mutt." Baslisk hissed.

"Alright you two, there's no time for this. Stop fighting!" Hina snaps.

The doors to her boss room creaked over after waiting for five minutes for Eartha, a wind fairy to stop talking.

Like last time a reward was given to the one that had the highest level.

Only a fairy has the ability to see this level and make decisions on who will get the reward.

It looks like Eartha made a great choice this time.

 

Another's Perspective

 

Captain Kiltren Folks, the head guard of the Royal Army in Belmeth.

His level had jumped from level Thirty-five to level Fifty-six.

His main skill is leadership, but he has great spearmanship skill as well.

"Captain, only ten of our men survived that damn forest of monsters, I think we should rest some more."

"It's way too late for that, Rogers. Those damned demons messed with the wrong kingdom." Captain Kitren says with narrowed eyes.

The group walked through the doors and was greeted by a snake demon.

"More food, how great!" It cried out .

"Shit, what kind of snake looks like that?" Someone asked stepping back a bit.

Captain Kiltren held up his arm, "don't be afraid, it is I who will take care of this filthy demon." 

The snake demon with a body of a human and a body of a snake chuckles with delight.

"Let'sss play, armored insssect." It says.

 

Another's Perspective

 

"Oooh, this human has potential. It's not good enough to be able to save some humans though." Folia says with a smirk.

"Ah, don't be like that. He tried his hardest didn't he?" Tesh enters the throne room carrying an odd looking bird the size of a basketball.

"He tried, he tried. Bawk!" The birds spoke loudly.

"Ugh, what the hell is that thing?" Sir Delmore asked.

"Why, it's my henchman. Isn't he cute?" Tesh eyes were wide with clear enthusiasm.

Everyone stared at the weird looking bird that had a head of a rooster, the body of a snake-like dragon, two dragon wings, and large, taloned chicken-like legs.

"Not really. Anyways what species is it, it's all over the place. Is it a lizard, a bat, or a chicken?" Hina asked.

Tesh pouts, "how rude. It's a rooster and dragon species. One would call it a Cockatrice, and I named him Clax."

They all looked at her as if she grew two heads.

"A Cockatrice? Is that name legit?" Folia asked leaning closer to the strange bird.

Without warning the thing opened it's mouth and spewed out fire from it's beak, almost burning Folia to a crisp.

"Hmph, it's what you get." Tesh says turning her nose up.

"I will kill that...whatever it is!" Folia squeals reaching out as if to grab the bird...dragon? By the neck.

"Settle down you two, there's an important event taking place and yet here you guys are fooling around!" Sir Delmore snaps.

Everyone else trembled from the force of his voice.

It was like being frozen in place because of the dominant aura he was letting out.

"Delmoore, stop before you kill them." Their Mistress ordered.

The weight of that aura was suddenly lifted, and no one felt like they would be torn to shreds by that aura anymore.

"Apologies, Mistress." Sir Delmore says.

The sound of wings flapping drew everyone's attention.

"That must be Master Islacc." Hina says.

A few minutes later the doors to the throne room was pushed open.

For the first time since the making of the fortress, Isslac was showing his face to the others.

"Oh, is that Master Dragon? He's quite handsome isn't he?" Tesh says with a dreamy smile.

"Shh, back off. That dragon just so happens to be the Mistress's benefactor." Hina whispers to Tesh.

"What brings you here from the Wastelands, Islacc?" The Mistress asked.

Islacc falls to one knee with his head bowed, "I'm sorry for not coming to see you in a while, My Mistress. I have noticed that our new guinea pigs have made it to the Wastelands. Upon your orders I trained a mid-level Griffin as the last boss."

The room was silent for quite a bit, some of the demons could practically feel the coldness coming from the throne area.

"Islacc, how rare to see your face. And how have you been lately?" Their Mistress asked him.

Islacc lifts his head, "I've been well Mistress." he answers.

"I see, it's great that the Griffin is ready. You can leave." The mistress sounded calm.

Islacc did not move at first, but after a few minutes he finally left the throne room.

"Perhaps...do you think they fought?"  Til asked Hina.

"Um...possibly?" Hina says questioningly.

"Looks like a fight to me." Folia whispers.

"Where on Earth did that look like a fight to you guys?" Tesh asked.

A cold glare from the Mistress made them all be quiet.

 

Female Lead's Perspective

 

I sat on my throne feeling really down suddenly.

I guess seeing Islacc's face after a while put me down in the dumps.

Damn, I should go visit the guess room.

"Someone keep an eye on the viewing portal for me, I'll be turning in for the night." I tell the other demons.

I exited the throne room as fast as possible.

"Do you think the Mistress is going to go see the Master?" Hina asked.

It was the last thing I heard before the doors closed behind me.

I blew out a breath and made my way through the halls all the way to the teleportation room.

There I teleported to the tenth floor where my quarters and the important guest room is.

I found myself standing before Islacc's door and before I could knock it was already open.

"Ah." I found myself making a sound as I noticed his bare six pac.

"Mistress, why did you come?" He asked.

"Even though I'm upset, this is what you want to ask me?" I wondered.

 

 

 

5