Vol 2 Ch 10: Snake Demon Defeated
187 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No, it's just a surprise. Hold on I'll become decent." Islacc disappears back inside leaving me to wait.

It took him a few minutes to greet me at the door again.

Once invited in, I was once again in a bad mood.

I let out a deep breath, it was only natural to get mad, right?

I rubbed the bridge of my nose.

"I just came to see you; it's been a while after all." I admitted.

He looked rather surprised when I apologized.

"No, I'm also at fault for not showing my face often." He says with a shake of his head.

I nod in agreement, stared up at him for a minute and turned to leave.

I think that is enough.

"Reesa...." He mutters.

I froze in place.

Honestly, I haven't heard my name since I became a Demon Lordress.

"...." I guess no matter how much I change, this dragon will always be someone special to me.

"Just come see me more often." I tell before walking away.

 

Islacc's perspective

It seems that he was wrong for avoiding his mistress just because of his feelings for her.

Though it was indeed hard for him to stay away and the only thing he could do to satisfy his libido was to have other company, he never once thought about her feelings.

 

Another's Perspective

"Auuugh!" 

Another person killed by the boss.

Right now, they had the demon pushed into the corner.

So far, they only had four casualties and that was pretty impressive.

"Sir Knight Captain, we have another injured!" Someone nearby yells.

Shit, but still, this was getting tedious.

How do they kill this thing? Even if it's backed into a corner there were no openings.

"What should we do, Knight Captain?" Another citizen asked.

"Did you think it's thisss easssy?" The demon snake asked with a smirk on its human face.

It slithered towards the group of citizens.

"Everyone spread out!" The Knight Captain yells out.

"Captain, shouldn't we use that weapon you received?" A young knight was holding a child close to him.

That's right the damn hammer from before they entered the boss room.

He really didn't want to use something that was given to him by a demon.

In this case it may come in hand.

With this in mind he revealed the Hammer and raised it above his head.

"This better work." He muttered.

He imagined some kind of power coming out of the hammer and nothing happened.

"Hahaha! It seems that you have no clue how to wield it either!" The Snake demon says with a smirk.

Shit! Not good!

"What do we do Knight Captain?" A knight asked.

It was the second time he was asked this, but this time he had no answer.

They may just die here.

"Do not be afraid, Sir knight. I quite like you and will let you use me."  A voice that was deep and far away spoke.

Suddenly a bright and yellow light rippled like electricity about the hammer.

What is this feeling?

It was like a power that was flowing from the hammer was suddenly filling him to the brim.

"What isss that? What'ssss happening, human?!" The snake demon looked confused.

The Knight Captain smiles and once again raised his hammer above his head.

"Lightning Storm!" He yelled as clear and loud as he could.

He wasn't sure why, but it felt like he knew the hammer as if he had it all his life.

Like rain falling from the sky, there were sparks of electricity that came down and dance around.

All hit the same spot at once, the sound of the snake demon's screams could be heard.

"Nooooo!" It shouted.

The sounds of hissing and the scream that slowly died out, were no longer heard.

All that was left from the lightning was a dust.

"Is it...dead?" A citizen asked peeking from behind a nearby tree.

Everyone looked hopeful and then relieved all at the same time.

There sounds of celebration.

"Knight Captain, there were a total of five deaths. Three of them were knights." A knight walked up to him.

"Alright, let's burn their corpses and put them to rest." He tells him.

"Yes, sir!" The knight yells before running off.

They defeated the snake demon and only lost five.

That number out of sixty others were pretty impressive.

 

Another's Perspective

 

"You did a great job holding back, Baslisk." Hina says appearing inside a dark cave in the forest.

A burnt snake demon is rejuvenating somewhere deep in the forest. It was a place untouchable from any of the humans.

"I hope the Missstress isss proud of me." Baslisk says.

"Of course, she is. Here is the Immortality Fruit given by the Mistress. It will restore you to the original state." Hina says handing over a strange and colorful berry.

"I'm honored, I will forever follow my Mistress." Baslisk happily swallows the berry, and her burnt skin was no more.

She regained her beautiful scales by shedding the old one.

"I'm glad, the Mistress will be ecstatic to know this. Rest up, for now your part is over." Hina says leaving the cave and then teleporting to a cave in the wastelands.

"Well, if it isn't the Mistress's left-hand man, or should I say woman?" A voice spoke in the shadows.

This guy, she thought.

"Come out, Vaslind." She speaks.

A shadow appeared and slowly walked forward until revealed.

"So, you're the pupil, Master Islacc trained. I'm not that impressed, Dhampir." Hina says her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Don't underestimate me, Elf. After all, I'm quite strong." Vaslind says proudly.

Hina rolls her eyes, "we'll see. I didn't come to argue. I came with a message from the mistress." She speaks.

"Couldn't she have just sent one to me directly?" He asked.

"No, it's because you are not an official part of the estate. For now, just listen. She says to take out at least twenty of the humans, that's counting the minions you send out." Hina tells him.

Not a problem, I shall not disappoint, Her Grace." He says with an evil grin.

Hina teleports back to the fortress throne room where the Mistress waited for Hina's return.

"It's done, Mistress." Hina tells her.

"Good, let's watch everything play out.' Their Mistress says 

7