Vol 1 Ch 1: I’m a Demon in this new World
1.2k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I died.

My death was the most tragic of all stories. 

Unfortunate, my death is so embarrassing that I rather not explain it in details.

Instead I'll explain the events that came after my death, something even I can't believe.

It all began when I opened my eyes to find myself in another world and in a totally different body.

Before I begin the story of my new life , I would like to warn you that this is just like any other isekai'd type novel.

...

You're still reading?

Well, I warned you.

This is the story of how I came to another world.

[Deep in a cave in the Juva Kingdom]

There were sounds of water dripping in the distance. One can see many different colored demon babies being fed by other demons. Amongst those demon babies, there was one in particular with a pale skin color.

This demon baby, is me.

That's right, I was reincarnated after my death and I'm now a demon baby. I'm not sure what kind of demon I've become, but it did not matter. I can't believe I reincarnated just to become something this atrocious!

Because I was shocked by this, I have not eaten for four days.

But after starving myself for so long, I gave up and ate the strange foods given to me. Apparently, not eating the foods to begin with garnered some odd looks from the adult demons.

Not that I cared.

What I cared about was the fact that I didn't know the language here. I mean. I'm a demon now, shouldn't I know demon language or something?!

I think that's the reason why that once I became a toddler demon, the other demon kids refused to play with me.

 Honestly, I'm fine with that too.

But as the days stretched and became two months the barrier began to annoy me. Baby demons are quick to grow up. It only takes about two weeks before becoming toddlers. From toddlers to children takes a month. During this month, we train to build up our physics.

A demon's color change as they grow depending on how much they train and become stronger. The pale skins shed and become even darker depending on a demon's rank.

Once we become teens after two years, our growth rate slows but we can continue to become stronger. We still get old and die, it just takes us a lot longer than humans. I guess that's a great thing, to have a young appearance no matter the age.

Well enough of that. It's not my point anyways.

My point is that I'm pretty much an outcast because of a language barrier. I eventually found myself in a little space in a corner feeling extremely bored. The reason I'm bored is because in a demon's hideout, there's nothing to do besides training!

Ugh!

I think if this goes any longer I'd die from exhaustion at this rate! It's even worse when I don't have a clue what anyone is saying. So far, I have elder demons shouting nearby or the child demons looking and laughing in my direction.

Is it me, or am I being made fun of?

But, it's whatever.

I may be a demon now but I still have the brain of a human. I can just learn the demon's tongue. Even better, I'll learn every language in this world. I can even learn more about this world. Since demons like to collect human items, I only have to wait and hope there are some books to read.

Hours flew by as the trainings became unbearable for me to handle. Finally, one of the elders came in dragging a sack behind him. This only meant that the adults had already went out to raid humans and brought back the junk that was dropped.

After tossing the junk on the floor it's first come, first serve. I never usually join in these sorts of battles. I watched as even child demons fought over the items.

I guess one can say these are spoils from a job well done, wearing items taken from corpses. Thinking like that would normally faze me, but I'm merely just a demon now. When I thought this I noticed something sparkling amongst the items.

Hm?

It was in the shape of a small glass sphere with a green color.

What is that, I wonder?

I crawled over to the pile while many of the items started disappearing one by one. I could hear hissing and constantly pushing amongst the others. Luckily, the item rolled towards me when another demon kicked it.

So, I didn't have to get trampled on by the other demons.

I held up the marble looking item and watched in awe as a bright green light bursts from the orb-shaped item. When that happened a whole new world was introduced to me allowing me to see something interesting.

I'm especially aware of what type of demon I am now. I'm what humans call a special goblin race, ogre. The ogres in this world have the ability to gain human-like appearances based on how high their ranks become. That meant, right now, we are pretty ugly beings. The lesser of the ogre race.

"Whats that bright light?" A voice amongst the other demons asked.

I blinked as the light suddenly fades away and the marble along with it. It seems that I got a hold of something really amazing. Not only did I understand what that demon just said, but I now knew about this world thanks to this marble. Which was not a marble at all. but a world treasure found by one of the humans.

Thanks to that human I gained all of the memories and knew all of the languages of the world. This is a world known as The Midnight Earth and I was born in the Juva Kingdom. It must be a parallel world of the modern Earth that I knew of.

But now that I know what I know, I think I should leave this cave and discover more about the world. I only seen some of that human's memories, so I was still not sure what this world was like. I only know that its a fantasy world filled with magic and monsters.

"It's that trash, The one that can't understand what we're saying." Another demon elder whispers looking in my direction.

I can understand you guys just fine. Forget them, I have no time for the triviality of these lesser demons anyways. I must prepare for the outside world. I won't stay here any longer, because it won't be long before I am old enough to travel. First, I must gather more things that humans drop. 

So, not to get caught, I should sneak out during the night around the time the other demons are sleeping.

[After Preparations]

2 years later....

I'm now a teenage Demon. It's night out and it was the perfect time to sneak away. No one should know that I'm trying to leave here. They probably wouldn't care even if I didn't sneak out. I grabbed and shifted my small bag of trinkets before taking that step outside the cave.

"Wait!"A loud whisper stopped me in my tracks.

Right, I almost forgot about that demon child.

"Please wait Reesa! I want to come with you." A green demon ogre named Kika came running to the cave entrance with a desperate expression.

He was a normal color compared to my dark pale skin tone. But that's because I wasn't a normal ogre I was a special breed. A kind of ogre that could become a Kijin or even a Kijin Supreme Race. Though that's a rare chance on its own.

"Kika, why aren't you sleeping?" I looked back at him.

Kika, he's actually the only ogre demon that chose to hang around me.

He not only has green skin, he has small demon horns, a small stature, and has a cute appearance. Even with all the training he's been through, he hasn't grown at all. Child Demons his age should have a more muscular figure if their male.

He's weak by nature. Always clung to me despite my attitude toward him. A Child who's a burden to my plans.

"I want to come with you." He had a more determined expression on his face.

"No." I say turning away to leave.

He grabbed my arm, "Reesa!" He yells with a whisper.

Why do I have to deal with something like this? If I don't let him follow, he may wake the others. If I do let him follow me, then I will have something bothersome by my side.

What should I do?

I frowned.

I blew out a sigh of defeat while looking down at his sparkling eyes. I'm sure it's just my imagination, but that expression makes it hard to turn him down.

"Fine. But if you choose to follow me then you must call me, Mistress." I say.

This should keep him from wanting to follow me, right? There's no way a proud ogre demon like Kika would call someone like me Mistress.

"If that's what you wish." He says not once looking from my gaze.

What is this? Is he serious?

I guess he lacks the pride he always shown me. And it was my last chance to get rid of him too. I scowled and swiftly turned my back to him, "do as you wish." I mutter. He grins brightly as he follows me out the cave.

"Thank you, Ree...I mean Mistress!"

Well, it's just one more mouth to feed. What harm could it do me?

If I do let him follow me then I will have something bothersome by my side.

What should I do?

I frowned.

I blew out a breath of defeat while looking down at his sparkling eyes.

I'm sure it''s just my imagination, but that expression makes it hard to turn him down.

"Fine. But if you choose to follow me then you must call me, Master." I say.

This should keep him from wanting to follow me, right?

There's no way a proud ogre demon like Kika would call someone like me master.

"If that's what you wish." He says not once looking from my gaze.

What is this? Is he serious?

I guess he lacks pride. And it was my last chance to get rid of him.

I scowled and swiftly turned my back to  him, "do as you wish." I mutter.

He grins brightly as he follows me out the cave.

Well, it's just one more mouth to feed.

 

 

 

 

27