Vol 2 Ch 2: Into the Forest
391 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another's Perspective

 

"Mistress, the humans have been teleported, none of them has entered the forest, what should I do?" 

A dark figure is hiding in the trees in the forest speaking into a glowing orb.

It watched as the humans that were transported stood at the start of the plains, not a single one tried to enter.

"Simple, find a reason for them to enter. There are monsters of all kinds in the forest. Find one that is weak but strong enough to make them enter. I don't want them to die so soon." The voice of the mistress spoke.

"Yes, Mistress. I'll happily do as you say. May I ask how many should reach the Wastelands?" The voice asked.

"Make sure there's at least 10 that make it to the wastelands." 

The dark figure can be seen smiling, "yes, my mistress. As you wish." The voice answered before tucking the orb away.

The being is seen going deeper into the forest.

"Shall I have some fun? Those dogs should be able to get things done. I'm expecting some great things from that massive human woman." The form says disappearing into the trees.

Yellow eyes is seen glowing in the trees nearby.

The mercenaries stood at the entrance of the forest.

None of them felt obligated to enter.

"Stay awake men! There's no telling what those bastard demons are planning!" The mercenary leader says.

"Didn't that demon mention something about being guinea pigs? What do you think it meant by that?" A nearby mercenary man asked.

It's clear these damn cowards were already shaking in their boots.

"Leader, what do we do from here?" a woman with a smaller frame of muscles and red hair asked.

"Nothing, we won't let those bastards win." The mercernary leader says plopping down on the ground.

That's right, those demons think they got the better of them.

It only makes sense not to enter the forest.

A little ways in the forest, view of many shadows moving in a pack towards the mercenary group.

The mercenary group is a bit tensed by their situation, but they feel that it's safer not to enter through trees in front of them.

"Leader, you seem more tensed than the rest of us." Mercenary Jones says walking up to her.

"Jones. I just feel like something is about to happen." She tells him.

She peered suspiciously at the trees and couldn't take her eyes off the sudden glowing eyes that began to slowly appear in the darkness of the forest.

"Seems we aren't alone anymore. Everyone take arms, we're surrounded!" The mercenary leader withdrew her sword and stood.

Everyone else were already gathering and drawing their weapons as well.

The glowing eyes emerged from the trees revealing large blue fur wolves.

The wolves snarled and charged towards them.

"Here they come!" One of the mercenaries yell.

The minute they yelled that, the wolves were attacking mercenaries left and right.

While the levels of these damn dogs weren't any higher than 20, since they're in a pack like this the threat is much more higher.

She swung her long sword slicing clean through one of the wolves bodies.

A nearby blood curdling scream drew her attention to a nearby mercenary.

Damn, looks like one of the mercenary's didn't make it.

A body being attacked ferociously by a wolf was proof enough.

She took down another few wolves on her own. But it was clear that if they didn't do something here, they may lose someone else.

"Terra, use that!" Mercenary leader called out to a woman that plunged her dagger into the eye of a wolf.

Terra pulled something out and tossed it.

"Get back everyone!" Terra yells.

All those who survived rushed away as the object exploded.

The sounds of yelping and then the sight of the remaining wolves falling to the ground.

A poison gernade, it's quite effective and will kill in a small radius.

Thankfuly there hadn't been any wolves left.

"Leader, I don't think it'll be safe staying here." A mercenary says.

"Yeah." She agreed.

Even if the goal was to get them to enter they had no choice.

If they stayed here it's more possible to all get themselves killed.

The next time something attacks them it could be in their sleep.

That, she could not risk.

 

Perspective of Forest Boss

 

"Hmm, it seems to be going according to plan."

Veiw of a dark figure waiting patiently in a swamp a few kilometers from the wasteland's entrance.

"My mistress will be so proud of me." The figure chuckles excitedly into the darkness.

They'll reach the first part in the forest, if they're lucky they will stumble onto that cave with the protective barrier.

It's so fun watching these humans struggle.

To think that master set up points where the enemies could feel safe, even going so far as to have rewards to find.

"Baslisk, master wants you make sure that human with the long sword makes it to the wastelands." Hina says.

"Aww, I really wanted to play with that human . Well I'll do as the master wants." The figure says.

It's too bad, it would have been fun to see a woman human like that squirm.

Guesss it's only feesible to give that human to master to play with however she likes.

Inside the globe, there's a view of the mercenaries entering the forest after burrying their comrade.

Hopefully this group won't be too disappointing for master.

16