One Hour and Thirty Minutes
1.6k 8 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sage had been spending a lot of time at Mel’s place. Some observers might even suggest that she had effectively moved in. But given that she was taking time off and didn’t need to be near her streaming setup, she thought it just made sense. Mel was, after all, very good, even if she did occasionally say horrifyingly cursed things.

But right now Mel was busy with one of her several, parallel part-time internet jobs, so Sage was left to be bored. She could read the gay space necromancer book that Mel owned, but she still felt like her brain was too fried and burnt-out to focus on reading. She briefly considered watching Twitch but discarded the option after realizing it was bound to remind her of the exact things she was trying to take a break from.

She eventually settled for watching a concerningly long video essay about a children’s show from the 2000s that she’d never even watched. It was at the one hour and thirty minute mark when Mel came into the room.

Sage paused the video and sat up straight–well, as straight as she ever did. “You done for the day?” she asked her girlfriend.

“Yep!” Mel said. “It is now officially ‘simping for Sage’ time.” She sat down next to Sage on the touch and the two briefly kissed.

“You’re gay,” Sage said.

“No, you,” Mel retorted. “Oh, any preference on what we eat for dinner?”

Sage shrugged. “I’m fine with whatever.”

“Just to check… have you eaten anything today?”

“Yes, I’ve eaten something,” Sage said.

“And what did you eat?” Mel asked.

Sage thought for a moment. “Uh, a banana… a handful of almonds… and some toast.”

“Hmm. You know, some people might say that’s not enough food to have eaten in a day when it’s already practically evening.”

“I’m a gamer,” Sage said. “I can survive on G Fuel alone. Uh, try my flavor today.”

“And what flavor is that?” Mel asked. “Also, you’re silly.”

“It tastes like sage, of course,” Sage said.

“...and what does that taste like?” Mel asked.

“I’d think you of all people would know,” Sage said.

Mel lightly bonked her on the head. “BONK. Straight to horny jail. Oh, anyway, uh, I might make quesadillas I guess.”

“Sounds good!” Sage said. “Although, are you sure you don’t want me to cook? I feel bad that I lie around all day and then you do most of the chores after working.”

“It’s fine,” Mel said. “I mean, you’ve been having a bad time lately. I wanna do what I can for my gf.”

“Simp,” Sage said. They kissed again.

72