Interlude 1; A Royal Passes
6 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

The first interlude or Bonus Chapter is here! Well, can't really call it a bonus chapter, I guess. But for each one I have, I'll treat it as a bonus chapter. This one was written in two parts, but you get it all in one!

There are two POV's in this one, Enya and a new character. I hope you enjoy. Have a cookie on me! (~ ̄▽ ̄)~🍪

 

POV; Enya

The hot sun shines brightly through the gaps of the spiralling trees, shadows of leaves dancing across the dirt road as a warm, genital breeze passes by.

Two hours prior to the summoning ritual that would bring Zen to the world, Enya walks alone along the dirt road, humming to herself as she passes through a great forest. Her still bright emerald green eyes looking towards the path, unfocused, without energy as if barely alive, she holds a forced smile, one cracking with boredom and loneliness.

Her head hangs even lower as she stops walking, turning her head towards the path she’d travelled down. “Why haven’t anyone come by yet? How long have I been walking?” she asked out loud.

Enya is invisible to all but her own race, the Unseen. Even if she wanted to, she can’t communicate with anyone who isn’t a member of her own kind, although she can still touch them, make footprints and write, most would think she was a ghost and would often flee from her if she’d tried. While others may try doing something dangerous, there are many in the world that would harm the Unseen if discovered. That was why they lived in seclusion, remaining sheltered and far from any that could harm them.

She sighs, turning around while walking backwards. “I’m sure that guy said he’d be travelling down here today… come on…”

She continues to walk backwards, keeping her eyes on the road behind her, not paying attention to the road ahead.

“Should I go back?”

A low male voice carries in the wind, barely audible to her but seemingly coming from everywhere at once. He spoke in a language she’s never heard before, the voice fades away, leaving her confused as she freezes in place.

“What was that?” she asked, feeling as if she’d forgotten something important, needing to be somewhere else.

Her eyes widen in fear as the sudden sound of a horse whining from behind, its hoofs clapping on the hard dirt. She turns her head quickly, seeing just in the nick of time a large man on horseback, a glimmer of red-tinted armour, approaching her fast.

“Crap!” she quickly dives out the way as the horsemen passes by, unbeknown to her being there.

She lands hard onto the ground, looking up quickly in a panic to watch the man still going, heading the direction she’d came.

“That was close…” she mumbled to herself.

She rises back to her feet, keeping an eye on the man.

“I’m sorry for almost running you down miss,” she said straining her voice to sound more manly, “oh no, it was my fault sir knight, I should have been watching where I was going,” she said with as sweet of a tone she could muster, as if to simulate a conversation with him, filling in for him if he could see and talk to her, she returns to her mainly voice “are you hurt? Let me check…” she crosses her arms, “oh, such a…”

She sighs, glaring at the man as he continues, oblivious to what just happened.

“Wait… was that man a…?” she turns her head around, hearing more horses approaching, she darts off the road, sliding down the small embankment into the forest foliage that lines the road, “Royal Knights!?”

Her head pops up, feeling her chest tighten in fear. Even though she can’t be seen or heard, there are abilities that can detect her, each class has their own form on enhanced sight, some better than others at distinguishing forms such is Rogues Sight, while others such as Magic Sense and Warriors Vision will only see distortions of a hidden object or being. But if they were to see her, she fears they will see her as an assassin.

She watches closely, hidden behind the foliage as another horsemen passes, and then a small force of men, all in red armour with a crest of a golden grown on their shields, shortly followed by a large, ornate carriage. “That’s right, how could I be so stupid… of course that merchant isn’t coming this way yet…” her eyes catches the glimpse of a woman sitting in the carriage as it passes her by, “it’s the princess…”

After waiting in silence for a few minutes, watching as the carriage travels away, she slowly makes her way back onto the road.

She looks at her now dirty and turn dress, sighing in annoyance at the state she is now in. “Really?” her eyes glances back up to the carriage, now a fair distance away, “it would have been so easy to mess with them…”

Her hand rises to her chest, her dress shines and fade away, leaving herself naked in the middle of the road.

She hangs her hand out in front of herself. Create…” a flash of light appears, a new dress identical from the one she was wearing appears in her hand.

She looks at it as the cool breeze catches her bare skin, a chill runs up her spine, she pulls her new dress close to her chest as she franticly looks around.

“W-why do I feel someones watching me?” her eyes narrow, “that’s impossible… right?” she quickly finds the bottom of the dress, pulling it up and over her head, “this is weird,” she ties the binding of her dress, making it tight fitting around her stomach before turning, “no one can see me… what do I have to worry about? I’ve changed in the middle of town before and didn’t get this feeling… while there were eyes staring right at me…”

She shacks her head, continuing her walk.

“It’s nothing… yeah, nothing. Just my imagination… I mean, what’s the chances an Unseen is here watching me? There's no way…” she glances around again, “not like I’d be able to…” her face drops, turning back to the road, she continues to walk in silence.

 


 

POV; ???

A warm breezes pass through the small gaps of the carriage doors, it was a large carriage fit for royalty, that ensured as little rocking as possible.

Inside, the seats are cushioned with soft regal fabric of reds and blues, the light doors lined with gold.

Travelling inside sat an ageing man, sitting upright and proper with short greying hair, opposite him, a young woman with long locks of curly blond hair that flows around her delicate shoulders, facing away from him looking through the small gaps of the doors, watching as flashes of green and brown pass by.

She wore an ornate dress, fitting her frame perfectly, covering her slender body with tightness that hides her figure, large bold colours of reds and blue stitched in a complex pattern into the base colour of silken grey. A fitting attire for a princess that has lived a sheltered life of safety.

The man sat in all black, with a white shirt on under his long-sleeved, pristine jacket.

With the ruffle of his grey spruce moustache, he smiles at her. “Princess Elisabeth, we will arrive at the capital shortly, I urge you to reconsider your planned course of action.”

Her eyes don’t falter, remaining fixed on the gap. “I have, please understand, I cannot afford to seem week at a time such as this,” she takes a short breath, the tightness of her dress makes it a little difficult for her to breathe, “if I pull back my proposal to the king’s court now, after everything I’ve done thus far, it will solidify the lords mistaken opinion of me.”

“Surely this isn’t worth risking your life over, your highness, I’m… concerned.”

Her eyes drift away from the gap, looking towards the ageing man. “The lords only see me as a sheltered child, they treat me as such even though I am the Crowned Princess. If I do not enforce my position, I will not have the power to succeed my father. Please remember I came of age two years ago, I am seventeen, my father had already challenged and made considerable strife by my age, while they have kept me in the dark and shut out of all political debates and decisions.”

“Yes, I know milady, I served your father when he was the crowned prince. But you are not your father, and there are still some who…” he trails off, not wishing to continue his train of thought.

“Some think that way still, thanks to my grandfather, but the divide between men and women are in the past. The court isn’t all men any more, my sex has nothing to do with this.”

“Yes, I’m sorry, milady, that wasn’t what I meant.”

“It is a concern that some still think that way, but they would never admit to it, I’m sure.”

“That may be true, milady, however, there are dangerous and powerful people of shady character that will surely be unhappy about your stance. I merely fear for your safety,” he said with concern, slightly turning to fear.

She sighs, taking another shallow breath. “I understand your worry, however, I must oppose it no matter the risk. The Unseen are important not only to our country but to our very world. If I allow them to classify the Unseen as well as the other races as a rogue force outside the protection of our laws, surely they will suffer dearly, I cannot permit harm to come to them,” she places her hand onto her chest, digging in her fingers on the dress and pulling at it in an attempt to give herself some breathing room, “I fully understand the dangers, I must take action. You have served me faithfully my entire life, you know I will not change my mind so easily.”

“Yes, milady, I understand,” he lowers his head, “I shall not mention it again, but please do be careful.”

“Of course.”

He notices her pulling at her top. “Are you in discomfort, milady?”

“A little, this dress really squashes my boobs too much…”

He old man grows a little flustered. “Milady, you should really refrain from using such vulgar language.”

She smirks in reaction to his reaction. “Very well, my very sensitive nipples are being pushed inward into my very soft, ample breast.”

He looks away from her, becoming even more flustered. “Milady… please curve that attitude of yours, it is unbecoming of the Crowned Princess.”

She lets out a small contained chuckle, but is jolted forwards when the carriage unexpectedly stops.

“Milady! Are you okay?” he asked concerned.

“Yes… what’s happening?”

After a momentary silence, screams and clashing metal sounds echoes from outside, one guard yells a cry, sending shivers of fear down her spine. “Protect the Princess with your lives!”

 


 

Announcement
Thanks for reading! φ(* ̄0 ̄)

I'll be releasing part 1 of chapter 2 later today! I will try and keep to a daily release schedule until caught up with my backlog.

In other news... have a cookie! 🍪

Catch you next time! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

2