Chapter 2; The Princess of Dregon. Part-2
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV; Enya.

Enya’s eyes wonder about the surrounding area, it has been an hour since they spoke, Zen walks ahead of her, silent following the road, they were far within the forest now.

The gleans of the sun shone down upon the road in spectacular rays. Colours beyond exception. It was only a few hours ago since she travelled down this road alone; it didn’t seem nearly as pretty or enchanting as it does now.

But all of that was now lost on her, as she focused on Zen, walking in silence ahead.

‘I came here…’ his words had shot though her like a dagger in the chest, she recalls the woman she saw on his magic like tablet, the black-haired woman with the fair skin and joyful smile. Was she his lover? Enya thought to herself, he hasn’t said a thing since he put that thing away… what do I do…?

Her eyes widen with a realisation.

Wait, I can simply go inside and here his thoughts can’t I, see how he’s feeling. She smirks, walking faster to get close to him. Wait, should I do that? Is that… no, I should, I need to do it.

She takes a breath, fading and becoming transparent, her vision focused on Zen like a tunnel as she turns into an orb of light. Flying into him without a sound or him noticing.

Her eyes open, she stands in a void, a hole in front of her revealing everything within Zen’s sight.

I can think, but if I say anything, he’ll know I’m here. I better be careful. Her eyes close, trying to feel his emotions. I see, so whenever I’m here, I can feel everything he feels. It isn’t optional. She's careful not to reveal herself. Thinking about it, doing this without his permission feels… kind of wrong. Maybe I shouldn’t be…

Her eyes open, looking at the hole revealing what he is seeing. Her chest felt heavy, a pain she’d felt before. One of guilt, one of fear and profound sadness. It didn’t take her long to realise, these feelings was his.

Oh…

She closes her eyes again, fading away, an orb of light flies out of him and forms back into her body shape. She looks at him once she’s fully there. Unawares of her actions.

I better not tell him I did that… she looks down at herself, funny how my clothes didn’t disperse, their made of magic after all…

She jogs over to him, forcing a smile back on her face as she leans over to his side. “You okay?” she asked.

Zen sighs, “Yeah.”

“Want to talk about it? I’m a good listener you know… at least now I am.”

He looks at her puzzled.

She smiled warily. “Well, there wasn’t much else I could do, you know?”

He rubs his forehead. “It's… just… I can’t go back home, can I? Everyone I’ve known in my life… I’ll never see them again, will I?”

She frowns. “I’m… sorry. I… know how that feels…” it wasn’t because she secretly already felt his emotions, but from her own experiences.

He takes in a strong breath. “I should get used to the idea… make the most of my situation.”

She looks at him stunned. “Yeah?”

“It’ll… take me some time though…” he forces a smile back onto his face, “thanks, Enya, I needed this talk.”

She stops in her tracks, her eyes widen in disbelieve, her chest tightening as she watches him continue to walk. “I…” she smirks, the pressure and guilt she’d felt washing away, “I’m happy I could help.”

She jogs back up to him, now brimming with new-found confidence.

“I still don’t understand what happened, you should know everything there is to know about this world.”

He looks at her from under his hood. “Sorry, I don’t know a thing.”

The trees on the sides of the road thicken, their leaves overhang above them supplying shade from the burning sun, the path darkens with rays of light shining through, giving off a magical sight.

“I only know what you’ve told me…” he looks back to the road, looking at the thick tree line, the ruffling of leaves getting louder as they walk as the wind genitally push them, causing the branches to creak, he sighs, “I never thought I’d be in this situation.”

“What do you mean?” she gives him an innocent-looking smile.

“With everything that has happened today, I wasn’t expecting to be walking through a forest after killing goblins of all things… it’s like I’m the main character in a fantasy novel… please say my story isn’t going to be as cliché as the heroes journey trope…”

“…?” she looked at him confused.

“Sorry… it doesn’t matter, I was just thinking out loud.”

“Your so strange…” she mumbled.

“Your calling me strange? Imagine how I feel… I was just about to relax after a terrible first day at work before ending up in a world where the impossible is common placed.”

Enya jumps in front of Zen, stopping directly in front of him. She smirks at him with a crooked smile.

“What?”

Now that we’re here… her eyes cast down back to his body, looking between the opening of his cloak to his strange other world clothing. “What do you mean?”

He sighs. “Magic, creatures such as Goblins, swords and armour, your dress… none of that is normal in my world. In fact, I’m pretty sure magic doesn’t exist.”

“Magic doesn’t exist in your world?” her eyes return to his, “how do you survive without magic?”

“I guess we manage somehow…” he glances away, about to walk past her but she raises her hand in front of him.

“I see…” her eyes return to his clothes, “take your cloak off.”

“What? Why?”

“I want to try something.”

“What?” he asked suspicious of her intent.

“Your clothes are… odd, I want to look at them.”

“My… clothes?” he sighs shrugging his shoulders, “it’s too hot to be wearing this thing right now anyway,” he slides his cloak off, wrapping it around his arm before zipping open his jacket.

The sound shocks her, she goes to stop him. “Your ripping it?”

“Oh…” he laughs, he hadn’t realised by looking at Enya, this world doesn’t seem to have zips made of metal. Her dress, no matter how odd it seemed, is tied by string and buttons.

“What? Why are you laughing?”

He takes hold of his jacket. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you. It’s not ripped, it’s designed to do that.”

“How?”

He shows her the zip, pulling it up and down, closing his jacket and open again.

“That… wow.”

Zen laughs once again, finding her amazed reaction too good.

“What?”

“Sorry, I just… zips are something that is commonly used in my world,” he said still trying to hold in his laughter.

He continues to walk.

His clothes are so different to what I’ve seen before, I wonder if I can recreate them? She thought to herself, she walks behind him, studying his clothes as they walk.

 



 

Thanks for reading Part-2 of Chapter 2! ヾ(•ω•`)o Have a cookie on me! (~ ̄▽ ̄)~🍪

We're not too far into this chapter, as of yet, four more parts to go. That being said, we learn a little about what Enya experiences when she uses the Link skill! Quite interesting... (✿◡‿◡)

Next chapter, we learn about her Create spell. Where it came from and why... I think? To be honest, it's been a while since I wrote this, I'm going along with the story with the rest of you here! \(〇_o)/

If you enjoyed this chapter (part) a heart ❤ to you! Thank you for finding time to read my story! (´▽`ʃ♡ƪ)

I'll be honest here, I was debating ever releasing any story online. I'm still nervous about what everyone who reads thinks! {{{(>_<)}}}

So thank you all, next part will hopefully come tomorrow. If you can't wait, you can check out my other story that I'm writing, every chapter on that is fresh and new, and chapters are slow to release as I write them. The prologue is out. It's called; Return of the Vampire Queen.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/363100/return-of-the-vampire-queen/

Thanks for dropping by, until next time, enjoy your cookie! 🍪ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

0