Chapter 2; The Princess of Dregon. Part-6 (Final)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A single beam of light enters a dimly lit room, shining down the centre. The shadows surrounding the circler platforms fade into a pitch black.

A man stands in black robes in the light, his face shrouded by his hood. “Reports indicate the mercenary bandits captured the princess, however, it would appear they have lost her, they say their guard were found with head injuries near the princess’s carriage. It would appear the princess has gained competent protectors.”

“Is it possible a Royal Knight was behind this?” a male’s muffled voice came from the shadows, as if speaking from behind a mask.

“We ensured the Royal Knight assigned to her was weakened by poison, while being inexperienced, it is not possible for it to be the work of a Knight we assigned,” another voice spoke, his too sounded muffled, but more educated than the last.

“Whomever it may be, that doesn’t matter now, our plan must change accordingly,” a muffled female's voice came from the opposite side.

“Has the Silent Moon returned?” a deep voice rang out, speaking with much more authority then the others but still muffled.

“No, she hasn’t. I believe she is tracking them, she will accomplish her task.”

“Without the bandits to pin the blame on?” asked the woman of the shadows.

“She knows the task, she will accomplish the assassination, the Princess will be dead.”

“Thank you, Alister, return to the Guild and wait for me there,” the deep voice said, “we have much to discuss yet.”

“Yes, Master,” he bows down towards the deep voice, leaving the circle and through a black curtain,

the sound of a large, heavily door echoes in the dark room, opening and closing as Alister leaves.

“Guild Master, when were you going to tell us about this?” asked the woman.

“Enough!” a booming voice sounded, followed by a loud bang, “the plan was to lock her away, not to kill her. Why have you changed it, Assassin’s Guild Master Joseph?”

“My apologies, but leaving the princess alive would invite danger to our grand objective. I have planned this moment for many years. The Silent Moon will accomplish her task.”

“You are not in charge here, do not assume you will so lightly get away with such actions.”

“An opportunity came, I mealy took advantage of the situation. Better the lawless bandits take the blame for the death of the princess.”

“But now?”

“Whoever took it upon themselves to defend her, will forever be known as the one who killed her.”

“Very well… we’ll follow your plan, for now.”

“Are you sure we should kill her? If the Royal family finds out she was assassinated…” another voice said.

“We cannot allow the Princess to make it to the capital. The mercenary bandits failed us, we must ensure success. Kobayashi will complete her mission with no one knowing she was there!”

“The Silent Moon…” another voice in the room chimes in, his voice had almost no emotion, cold and even, “you have a lot of faith in the girl you brainwashed. I hope you are right about her skills and loyalty, otherwise we might have to take more drastic measures in ensure success,” the room grows silent, “next time, you will inform us before taking matters into your own hands, Guild Master, I know you planned this from the start, it is not up to you to decide her fate for us.”

“Y-yes my lord… I apologise for my hasty decision… please forgive me.” Joseph’s voice cracks with fear, his former deep and authoritative tone vanished in an instant.

“Then it is set, of course the assassin must be dealt with once she is successful, be ready to have her killed as soon as she returns, Guild Master.”

“That is the plan, my lord.”

 



 

Well hello once again, reader. ヾ(•ω•`)o

This chapter was released to you early, to make up for the fact I released last chapter late. How early, twelve hours early! \( ̄︶ ̄*\))

Sadly, this will be the last release for a little while, while I work on the next few parts. Chapter 3 will be coming soon, and it introduces one of my favourite characters! 🐱‍👤

I'm aiming for a Monday release schedule. (*^_^*)

This chapter we see a peak into the shadows, what and who might be plotting? We can only guess... (⓿_⓿)

Thanks for reading, have a cookie on me! (* ̄3 ̄)╭🍪

Until next time, bye bye! ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

0