4.
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have waited for you to come to my house, to meet me. But you didn't, I thought that it's no problem, that I'll go to you. I wanted to tell you my answer, not my family. 

And I did go to your family's home. I was by the door and was ready to knock. And I heard something that maybe I shouldn't have. 

~

"Why did you propose in my stead?!"  It was a loud angry voice, it was yours. 

"You have been with her for so long, I thought it was normal"  His father was calm. 

"I told you we are only friends, I hold no feelings for her!" 

"Do you now? Then why did you string her along for so long?" He was probing 

"You clearly know her feelings, come on boy, everyone knows her feelings. And you don't dislike them either"  

Embarrassment, saddnes all came crushing. Was I that obvious, that pitiful that his father had to take action? 

I didn't left, I still wanted to hear him. 

"I didn't ask for her to love me, it was her choice" 

In the end, indeed it was my choice. 

"Please take your proposal back" he pleaded. 

Was I that horrible that he can't marry me? 

"You unfilial Son! Do you even  know what embarrassment both families will go through? What about her? Her reputation is at stake" It seemed as the whole house shook. 

"Is your face really more important that your own son's happiness?" His voice was so low and broken.

"I thought it would do you good Han, I thought you`ll be happy, you are at the age to be married, I was only doing my duty as a father" 

"All you cared about your entire life was business and business, even my marriage is a business to you. You never once acted as a father to me"

It was silent for a moment. 

"Please do not try now" 

"Han!" His mom was yelling

I creaked the door open only to see you kneel. Then while stepping in I decided, steeling my heart that I was finally giving up on you. 

All these years when I tried to get your attention, sometimes subtle other times not, I thought maybe you didn't see them, my tries, my feelings. It seems I was only stupid. 

"Han, don't kneel, I'll reject the proposal" I smiled gently. I tried to be strong but only I know how brokenhearted I was.

'ha, I'm so stupid. I could have had him, even if it's not his heart' I shuddered at my thoughts. 

Everything has gone quiet. Both father and son where shocked. His mother showed a heartbreaking expression. I loved her dearly and didn`t like seeing her that sad.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping. I have been rude" I bowed my head and left. 

 

1