Chapter 6 – Guild
213 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following Wolfram, we go down a set of stairs onto one of the main roads. Walking down the road I look around amazed at my surroundings. There are mostly shops at market stands with the occasional inn. All the buildings are the colour of sandstone but it is also extremely colourful, all the market stands are multicoloured everyone clothes have at least two colours. Everything is so vibrant and colourful.

Everyone looks like they are also sand elves, they are mostly tall, have dark skin with sand coloured hair their eye colour seems to be mostly the normal colours plus a few have sand coloured eyes.
These sand elves lives revolve around sand. Everything is made of sand and almost everything is sand coloured. This must be why everything not made of sand is so colourful.

While walking through the town I realise looking at the shop signs that I can’t read this language. That will be something I have to learn.

“What language are these signs written in?”

“There written in Ovarhi it's also the language we are speaking.”

Are we not speaking English. How do I know another language I have never heard before? Might be the whole in a different world thing.

After about ten minutes of walking Wolfram stops outside what looks like an inn. Stopping next to him he tells me.

“This is the Guild here you can get jobs ranging from gathering materials to fighting monsters. This is also where you go if you want to run a business and most craftsmen join for financial and political support.”

Is this like an adventurers guild? But it seems to also work as a workers union or at least similar.

Walking inside behind Wolfram there is a large room filled mostly with tables with people sitting around them in armour and carrying weapons. The reception desk has space for four receptionists there are currently two working a male sand elf and is that a girl with fox ears?

“Sir Wolfram your back.”

The fox girl shouted to wolfram.

“I'm back Ayako.”

Walking closer to the fox girl who seems to be called Ayako I can see she is wearing what looks to be a colourful kimono. She has white skin with blue eyes and white hair.

“Who's this I haven't seen her before is she a vampire?”(A)

“She’s Eirisse a vampire royal.”(W)

“Eeh your a vampire royal should I call you your highness or your majesty?”(A)

“Just call me Eirisse it’s not like I'm a real royal I don’t have a country or anything at least not yet.”(E)

“Yet? Does that mean you plan on forming your own country?”(A)

“I might I don’t know yet. I don’t know how I would though.”(E)

“If you do can I go with you? I have always wanted to go on a heroic journey and this could be one.”(A)

“I don’t know why you can’t.”(E)

“yay!”

She is very happy about something that will likely not come true.

“Is there anything you needed?”(A)

“She needs somewhere to stay even if temporary.”(W)

“I understand I will prepare her a room immediately.”(A)

Standing up she walks through a door to my right. That must be where the rooms are. Looking to my left is another door with a sign I can’t read.

“That's where the offices and consultation rooms are.”

Wolfram explains seeing me looking at the door.

“The consultation rooms are mostly used by craftsmen who need legal or financial help.”

So that is where the trade union like part happens.

“Your room is ready.”

Ayako shouted to us.

Walking over to where Ayako is I can see through the door is a corridor with doors on both sides.

Following behind her after saying goodbye to Wolfram who has other work to do, I can see her white tail the air around her is also quite cold. What is she?

“Ayako if you don’t mind me asking what are you?”(E)

“I don’t mind my kind are rather rare around here. I am a type of Lisica who look human but have fox ears and tail. More specifically I am an artic Lisica we live mostly in cold and snowy regions.”(A)

“If your kind live in cold regions what are you doing in a desert?”(E)

“I have lived here my entire life. My parents were adventurers and they arrived here when I was born and stayed here since. I use magic my parents taught me to cool down the air around me.”(A)

As she says this she stops outside a door.

“This is your room.”

“Thank you.”

Opening the door and walking inside it is a simple room with a bathroom to the immediate left, a bed in the right corner, a desk in the left corner with a wardrobe next to it with a mirror.

This is going to be my home for now.

Walking over to the mirror I look at my new appearance.


Author note

Some of the names for Languages races etcetera may change in the future.

15