Chapter 11: The Evil God hangs around the Lucky guy
171 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

}-------Chapter 11: The Evil God hangs around the Lucky guy-------{

...

Kuta and Keitaro walked alongside towards the basketball court which was only a few blocks away from the supermarket where Kuta was buying his snacks.

By the time they arrived, they had a big group of people waiting for them while talking, seemingly trying not to get bored. Each of them had a much bigger height than Kuta, as he wasn't exactly a tall guy, being only 1,72 meters tall. When some of them saw him, they wouldn't help but laugh a little in ridicule seeing someone below average come to play basketball.

All of them were above 1,80 meters, Keitaro included. Thus, seeing someone so short compared to him standing right next to him was something pretty funny.

"Hey, guys! How are you doing? I brought this Senpai of mine because I saw him when I was buying some things at the supermarket. I hope you don't mind if he joins us" Keitaro stepped ahead and greeted everyone with the same perfect smile of always. Something that seemingly cheered up everyone there as they smiled excitedly while yelling in excitement for playing.

""Ooooh!!""

Kuta simply stayed behind Keitaro watching everything unfold quietly. However, seeing that everyone was already beginning to prepare for playing, he went beside Keitaro and tapped his shoulder twice so that he could notice him.

"Hey, I've never played basketball before. What are the rules?"

Keitaro, who looked at him with an incredulous look, smiled wryly and pointed at the hoop on one of the sides of the court. "You need to throw the ball and make it pass through that hoop right there. The team that does it more times wins"

"Huh... alright"

Nodding as if he understood, Kuta soon walked towards the team he was assigned to and assumed his position with a calm expression on his face.

Soon, the game began, and many people started moving across the court seemingly in no specific order in direction of the ball. Kuta however, did not move and continued watching everything.

Soon, however, one of his teammates passed the ball to him and made him startled due to the suddenness of the action, nevertheless, he still remembered what Keitaro had told him and grabbed the ball before rushing towards the opposite hoop.

Unfortunately for him, it seemed like there was still something that Keitaro had forgotten to tell him.

"Hey, what are you doing? You have to be bouncing the ball while moving!"

'What...?' 

Soon, one of the guys walked up to him and started explaining the basic rules to him with an exasperated expression. The others who were looking at this with amused expressions snorted and looked at Keitaro with confused expressions, while the latter just shrugged his shoulders while smiling wryly at Kuta's obvious lack of knowledge about the matter.

Soon, the pause ended, and the game resumed. However, this time no one passed the ball to Kuta, as no one wanted to waste their opportunity to score a point to a newbie who would probably have the ball taken away from his hand easily at any moment.

Kuta on the other hand simply watched everyone play with attentive eyes. He wanted to see if there were any other rules they might have forgotten to tell him and that might ruin his play. However, as soon as he noticed that there was nothing else to worry about, he jumped to action.

Like a blur in the eyes of his opponents, Kuta moved through all of them without getting noticed in the slightest. His footwork was the work of thousands of years fighting as a human on the battlefield, avoiding the sight of some petty brats wasn't a problem in the slightest, the only problem was that this technique required him to develop some muscles in certain areas of his legs, otherwise, it would strain his leg muscles a lot. However, since he had an enhanced regeneration now, it wasn't a problem anymore, but a way to improve his body!

In the blink of an eye, Kuta, who was standing calmly on the corner of the court watching everyone play, disappeared from his previous spot and reappeared right in front of the guy holding the ball, surprising everyone enormously.

Keitaro, who was in the same team as Kuta, exclaimed in surprise seeing the strange movement of who he thought was just a normal teenager like him. It was the first time he had seen someone do something like that before.

*Bap!*

With just one slap, Kuta threw the ball away from his rival's hands and grabbed it rapidly before then dribbling with incredible skill towards the rival's hoop dodging everyone who tried taking the ball away from him.

"What's with him? He was but a mere newbie a few seconds ago, how is he playing so good now?!"

"Did we get played? Oi, Keitaro, did you bring a professional here?!"

Keitaro, who heard the surprised expression of everyone around him, scratched his head with an embarrassed expression on his face. "No, I thought he was just a normal Senpai... But now that I think about it, it's no wonder he always managed to catch me or Megumi when we were about to trip... Such reflexes and skill... It makes me excited for some reason!"

While everyone talked with each other, Kuta soon arrived at the hoop and did a point without much trouble. His legs felt strange, as the muscles were still hot, there was no pain or whatsoever due to using his technique, but as soon as they got to return to their normal temperature, the pain would probably appear right away.

"Amazing...!"

"I thought you were just a shortie, but it looks like you are more skilled than what you look!"

"He is the one who will lead the future of basketball in the future!!!"

Everyone was flabbergasted at Kuta's performance. After that, feeling excited because of the energy in his movements, the first game continued like always, just with everyone a tad more excited than normal. Kuta decided to play a bit low-key as he preferred to not spend all his energies just scoring one point. However, whenever someone passed the ball to him, he would make sure to score a point no matter how far he was from the rival hoop. His aim was topnotch, after all.

However, when the second game began, for some reason this time Keitaro chose to be on the opposite team of Kuta. There was a strange light in his eyes as he looked at the energetic performance body of Kuta. Even though his senpai looked so skinny, there was so much energy inside him!

'Would it be...?' A strange thought passed by Keitaro's head as he remembered every time he had met Kuta before. He wanted to confirm whether this thought was true, or it was just him imagining things... And for that, he needed to face this strange Senpai of his in this game!

Kuta was not against this, of course, he wanted to know what kind of power he could face in the future, and what better chance than facing against it now?

[Watch out about this Fauros-San, if you give him too much of a hard game then the blessing will auto-activate and help him win. The only way of stopping it would be to make use of every advantage that his blessing gives him, and use it to your advantage. Only after this game ends will the blessing deactivate...]

'Well, I'm curious about who is better, this half-assed so-called blessing, Or me, The strongest being in existence, Fauros'

[Aren't you being a bit arrogant (ᖛ_ᖜ)?]

'Pussies are arrogant, I'm simply stating facts here'

[...]

"Alright, let's begin!" Feeling excited, Keitaro raised his voice and smiled while looking at the ball.

Kuta and the others simply nodded, and soon, the game began.

°

°

°

A few minutes later...

Keitaro was kneeling in the middle of the court. His expression, which was usually cheerful and happy, had now a pure smile of joy and enjoyment that he never knew he could do, or at least, that he had already forgotten he could do.

He had lost. Unexpectedly for him, he had actually lost.

It was not that he actually enjoyed the fact of losing, or maybe a little bit... But it was the sole feeling of actually having something make things hard for him that made him happy. All his entire life, he had gotten the things he wanted by pure luck, it was as if everything he did went well no matter how hard or impossible it seemed...

At first, it made him happy, but after that, it turned dull and he no longer enjoyed having everything handed to him easily. Sure, it was great to have the things he wanted easily, but at some point, the feeling of accomplishment and excitement died down as he knew he would never lose or fail to accomplish whatever he wanted.

He stopped wishing for things, as he already had what he wanted. And soon, many other things started manifesting by themselves even when he didn't want them.

His childhood friend started falling on top of him, or him on top of her in improper ways, money started appearing under his feet, and in every game he played, it seemed that he won by luck. He never had to do much before something good happened to his advantage and helped him win...  At some point it got annoying. He never felt himself improving or evolving in any way, something fundamental in human life. The only thing that helped him to suppress this feeling was the school, as he always managed to learn something new. But even then, this strange luck always followed him wherever he went.

However, now... It was different. He lost, for the first time in many years, he had lost to someone even when his luck worked...

The same had happened before, but he thought it was simply his imagination. When Kuta stopped him and Megumi from falling on top of each other, he had stopped his strange luck from working as well!!

Somehow, this senpai of his was able to suppress or limit his luck with his sole presence and abilities. Today he didn't even find money under his feet, and it was coincidentally the same day when he met Kuta!

Thanks to him, he was feeling human again!

'What's with him kneeling on the ground with that gross face...?' Kuta, who was drinking water while doing his best to keep his legs from straining, looked weirded out as he looked at the strange Keitaro kneeling on the ground with a gross grin on his face.

[Dunno, maybe he is some kind of M ఠ_ఠ?]

'Ugh, I hate those guys... For some reason, they kept smiling when I swore at them and punched them... It gave me goosebumps...' Black lines of disgust appeared on Kuta's face as he recalled certain memories from when he was still a God.

Soon, he walked towards Keitaro, who was still on the ground staring blankly at the air and patted his shoulder to call out to him. "You there?"

Keitaro flinched when he heard him talk. And soon, got up rapidly and cleaned the sweat on his forehead with his shirt, before then smiling at Kuta with an excited expression on his face.

"Hey, would you like to be my friend?"

...

}-------End of the Chapter-------{


 

11