Chapter 2: System
805 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘So, I died, huh?’

 

The last thing I remember was getting hit by a truck, and the next thing I knew, I was already here.

 

I didn't know why, but my mouth suddenly curved into a smile. 

 

I started to have a slight suspicion the moment I opened my eyes and was suddenly on the train. 

 

With the people around me all dressing up in the fantasy outfits, my slight suspicion became even more plausible—

 

‘Am I—in another world?’ 

 

I began to wonder.

 

This kind of situation wasn’t that uncommon. I’d seen it a lot of times already, though, only in fictional worlds.

 

I loved playing games and reading light novels. This kind of scenario was very common in most light novels I’d read.

 

It’s the popular trope where a guy got hit by a truck-kun and died, met a hot goddess, got some cheat abilities, got reincarnated into another world, built a harem along the way, and defeated the most powerful villain in that world.

 

Oftentimes, I’d dreamt about such a situation happening to me, but all I could do was daydream. 

 

Though, deep down I knew that something like that wasn't real, but it wouldn’t hurt to at least have fun, right?

 

But right now, my belief was turned upside down. Reincarnation was real. And if my suspicion was right, then another world could also be real as well.

 

This felt like a dream came true!

 

Thinking about the possibilities, a wide grin appeared on my face.

 

A guy who sat near me gave me a strange look.

 

‘Ahem… Alright, let’s not get too excited.’ I cleared my throat and wiped a smile off my face.

 

Though, I still wasn’t sure whether I really was in another world. 

 

I didn’t remember meeting any hot goddess and receiving any cheat abilities. So maybe my suspicion was wrong after all?

 

Also, in the light novels I’d read, the MC would usually reincarnate into a world resembling that of a medieval era.

 

The outfits that people around me wore right now would fit into that kind of setting perfectly. But the weird thing was the fact that they were all on such a high-tech train!

 

There weren’t a train like this in the medieval era!

 

In the back of my mind, I began to doubt whether I really was in another world. But, as to find out—

 

I looked down at my own body. 

 

My body was lean and muscular. My skin was pale and smooth like a baby’s skin. I was wearing a simple black tunic with a black pants.

 

Judging by the way I dressed, I began to wonder if maybe this body’s previous owner was an emo…

 

Wait… Were there even emo in this world?

 

I shook my head to clear off all these useless thoughts.

 

I then began contemplating.

 

From what I’ve seen, this was definitely not my body. 

 

Although I exercised regularly, my body wasn’t this fit. This body felt like it had been through a very intensive exercise.

 

So, it wasn’t my old body. The only conclusion I could come up with was—

 

I’ve been transmigrated.

 

Coming to that conclusion, I nodded to myself.

 

This already confirmed one of my suspicions, but I still have one more. And as to confirm my other suspicion—I said in my mind, ‘Status.’

 

“……”

 

Nothing happened. 

 

“……”

 

I kept waiting.

 

“……”

 

Still, nothing happened.

 

I frowned.

 

‘Do I have to say it out loud?’ I began to wonder.

 

“Status..” 

 

I muttered under my breath and waited.

 

“……”

 

Still nothing.

 

Then came, “system,” “initiate the system,” “system start,” “menu,” etc…. 

 

But—nothing worked.

 

I started getting frustrated. 

 

In the back of my mind was a thought that said, “Maybe, there’s no system here after all.”

 

I frowned again in disappointment. 

 

‘Here goes all my fun. It would be tough living in a fantasy world without any system.’

 

I sighed and was about to give up, when suddenly, a thought appeared in my mind!

 

‘Hey, system.’

 

*ding!* A notification suddenly rang out, followed by the translucent-blue-screen in front of me!

 

[Hey, host!] 

 

[Congratulations on receiving the super-special-support-system!]

 

[This system will guide you toward the very top. You will become unrivaled. All your foes shall be slaughtered before you. You will gain fame, women, fortune, and everything you can possibly want. With the help of this system, you will become number one under the heavens!]

 

[Welcome to your new world, Avaria, a world full of magic and fantastical creatures. Please, have fun!]

 

Reading the contents on the screen, I almost broke into a laugh. 

 

‘Cool. So that’s how you open the system, eh? Good thing I know how to use Siri.’

 

I thought with a smile.

 

I then reached out my hand and touched the screen. It responded to my touch as the new texts appeared.

 

[You now have full access to the system. Please select an option.]

 

[Status]

 

[Missions]

 

[Skills]

 

[Inventory]

 

[Connections]

 

My eyes shone as I looked through the screen. It really was the system, just like in the video game I’d played!

 

My heart started pounding in excitement. 

 

I clicked the first option, ‘Status’. Then, the screen changed again.

 

[STATUS]

 

[Name: Noel]

 

[Age: 16]

 

[Gender: male]

 

[Power Level: 16 (a weakling cannon-fodder)]

 

[Affinity: none]

 

‘Wait, what?’ 

 

My eyes widened upon seeing this.

 

‘What’s this? It doesn’t have all those stats like in an RPG?’

 

Normally, in RPG games, the status screen would show you the stats. Strength, intelligence, agility, dexterity, and the like. But, there seemed to be none of those in this system.

 

I frowned upon this discovery.

 

It was kind of let down, but nothing I could do about that. I just sighed and shook my head.

 

I then continued looking at the screen.

 

This body’s name seemed to be Noel. I knew nothing about the previous owner. I had no memories of him, so I guessed I had to figure things out on my own.

 

Also, the only thing that indicated my power was ‘Power Level’. I didn’t know how much could be considered strong in this world, but my Power Level was surely very low right now.

 

And…. this explanation….

 

My mouth twitched as I smiled at the screen.

 

‘Thanks for the explanation, system.’ I thought sarcastically as I read the words in the brackets.

 

Then, I continued reading, and something caught my eyes.

 

‘Affinity?’

 

‘What's that? Is it like magic-affinity or something?’

 

I tilted my head while wondering about such a thing.

 

I then went back to the menu and clicked ‘missions’. The screen changed into a new page.

 

[MISSIONS]

 

[You can now accept the missions. Each mission will be given to the host based on the host's subconscious desires. The difficulty of each mission will depend on the rewards. Upon failure to complete the mission, the host will be punished.]

 

[Do you want to start receiving the missions?]

 

[Yes] [No]

 

I read it carefully and nodded to myself. 

 

‘I see. So the mission will be based on my subconscious desires? Cool. Alright, let’s check this out.’ 

 

I clicked yes, and the screen disappeared. I waited for a while, but nothing appeared. No mission, nothing.

 

‘It said the mission will be issued based on my subconscious desires. How does that even work, though? Guess I’ll just have to wait and see.’

 

Again, I opened the system and clicked on the ‘skills’ option.

 

[SKILLS]

 

[Active: Flee]

 

[Passive: Natural Seducer]

 

There seemed to be only two skills that this body possessed. The first active skill ‘Flee’ might not look that cool, but it could come in handy in an emergency situation.

 

B-But, the other skill….

 

‘Natural Seducer…, huh?’

 

My mouth twitched upon seeing this.

 

Why the fuck did the previous owner have this kind of skill? What kind of person was he?

 

Assuming ‘Flee’ was a skill that could help you run away from dangers, and ‘Natural Seducer’ helped you seduce girls with ease, I began to wonder what kind of person the previous owner was…

 

The kind of character who’s very good at running away and seducing girls would be….

 

My eyes widened upon the realization!

 

‘Is the previous owner one of those arrogant young masters from the Xianxia Novels!?’

 

My mouth kept twitching as I realized that. 

 

If what I thought was true, then there would definitely be a lot of troubles coming my way in the future…

 

This kind of character would surely have a lot of enemies after all. And I didn’t even know what atrocious acts the previous owner had done already.

 

But then, a realization hit me.

 

‘No wait. This body doesn’t have a surname. So it’s unlikely that he’ll be a young master from some rich family.’

 

The sudden realization left a sigh of relief off my mouth. 

 

‘But seriously, though. To survive in this world, I need at least an offensive skill.’

 

I didn’t have any weapons with me right now, so skill like weapons mastery was useless. Though, maybe I would go buy some once I get out of this train.

 

The only skill I wanted to have right now was magic-related skill.

 

Imagine how cool it would be to be able to use magic!

 

I closed my eyes and tried to visualize myself shooting a fireball, a water blade, an earth spear, a wind blade, and a bolt of lightning…

 

Although the whole experience was in my head, it still looked cool already!

 

‘Alright, it’s decided. I’ll get the magic-related skills as soon as I can!’

 

I made a vow in my heart. 

 

But, there was one problem— 

 

‘How can I get a skill in the first place? Do I need to practice? Read some skill books?’

 

I was deep in thought.

 

*ding!*

 

Then, as if responding to my question, a notification sound suddenly rang out!

 

What came after was the system screen that suddenly appeared in front of me.

 

[MISSION!]

 

[Grab 50 bums (female only) without anyone noticing!]

 

[Reward: fire, water, earth, wind, and lightning magic-affinities.]

 

[Punishment: lifespans shortened for 50 years.]

 

[Time limit: 5 hours]

 

[Accept the mission?]

 

[Yes] [No]

 

“………”

 

No sound came out of my mouth as I kept staring at the screen with wide eyes. The only thought in my head was—

 

“What the fuck?”

 

It’s only been two chapters and I feel tired already! 😂

Writing in 1st person POV isn’t my cup of tea. I find it very hard to control the pacing, unlike in the 3rd person POV.

But, I’ll try my best. I want to challenge myself and write in the new style.
I tried my best to make it flow in this chapter. What do you think? Do you think it feels too rush, or is it good?

Leave a comment below! Thanks~ 🙏🏻

10