Chapter 2
159 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

*Cackle*

 

*Cackle* 

 

The sound of fire burning echoes through the cave as I stare at it, basking my face with the warm light of the element while thoughts of the fight with the rabbit played in my head. 

'Okay, so mirroring wasn't the reason I passed out. It was because of blood loss, and to be honest I don't know why I'm still alive'

One moment everything was dark and the next I woke up to the sound of some notifications similar to the ones you'd hear from games telling me I've skipped levels up to 10. I guessing its the work of [Double EXP]? 

Just how much experience did that rabbit give me anyways, no matter how I try to rationalize it jumping from one to ten in levels can't be that easy and quick. 

Or more like, what kind of dungeon did that 'god' send me to having these kind of monsters?! 

If that rabbit wasn't playing with me I'd been dead by now, I got lucky but I'm not so sure I'd get lucky two times a row if something like this happens again. 

I blink once and then twice before lying done on the cold and hard floor while staring up the rocky ceiling that was meters above me.

"Appraisal" 

[Appraisal] 

[ Name: Minami Sakurako

  Age: 5

  Gender: Female

  Race: Human

  Level: 10

  Magic: (?)

 

Status <- 

 HP: 1,600/1,600

 MP: 3,000/3,000

 STR: 51

 DEF: 76

 AGI: 48

 DEX: 27

 ATK PWR: 63

 

Passive Skills <-

 | Mirroring |

 

Skills <-

 | Appraisal |

 | Double EXP |

                                   ]

". . . ." 

That's normal right? 

Hahaha, Yeah. Definitely, let's not mind that for now.  

Might you be wondering, did the rabbit turn to experience after dying? 

Well to answer your question. Nope, it did not.

I look to my right where the corpse of a giant rabbit lay and stood up walking over to it. I 'softly' kicked it 3 times and walked around it.

'Yuck. Bloody' 

The blood isn't that important though, what's more important was that something was still glowing, and yes if you remembered It's the rabbit's horn.

I don't know why it's still glowing, I mean the rabbit's already dead and I thought it was the rabbit's magic making its horn glow. . . . . . .Or maybe the horn is glow in the dark? 

. . . .

I wasn't trying to make a joke just so you know. 

The caves are dark and my only light source is the burning branches of the non-existent trees and the rabbit's horn. . . . .so. . .

I'm taking the horn. I mean it's convenient and I am trying to live so why not? 

Walking in front of the rabbit I held its horn only to find out I had no idea of how to take it in the first place. 

"Oh come on!" 

 

 


 

And so, After countless times of trials and error I finally have the horn, and as I suspected it indeed was a glow in the dark stick. It was quite durable too so I'm also turning this into my weapon for now.

Stretching my arms to the non-visible sky, I walked back to the fire place and sat down letting the warmth of the fire comfort me.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get to rest longer as my stomach growls breaking the silence and I'm left panicked realizing I had no way getting food. 

Ugh! How could I forget about food?! 

What am I going to do now? I don't have food! 

There's no food source in here! 

Dying because of hunger is worse than dying getting hit by a car! 

The slow and painful death I'd have to go through before finally leaving the world.

The thought gives me shivers crawling down my spine as I shake my head.

Isn't there something I could eat?! 

Suddenly the corpse of the rabbit just a few meters away from me entered my sight

. . .

What did you say?

'can't you eat the rabbit?'

Are you crazy?! 

I'm not eating a monster's meat! I don't even know if its safe or not! 

isn't dying of food poison quicker and less painful than dying slowly because of hunger? 

That's not the point! I don't want to die! 

But there's nothing else you can eat here, it's not like you can eat dirt right? 

Ha! I'd rather eat dirt than the corpse of something that tried to kill me!

Now now, you'd only be giving your self stomach aches if you do.

Uuu. . . .

And now I'm talking to myself

"Couldn't this get crazier." I asked my self sarcastically as I stood up horn in hand and walked reluctantly towards the rabbit corpse. 

 


 

*Cackle*

 

*Cackle*

 

*BURP* 

"Not very appetizing but it was all I could eat at the moment." 

I actually ate it. though I did cook it with fire to be extra sure, it didn't really do much to change the taste.

Ugh, If there was magic that'd let me grow food I'd have to learn that first

And~ another problem detected! 

"Water." 

Sigh.

Why? 

Magic! how do you do magic! maybe if I say,

"Give me water!"

And imagine water, It'll give me some?

opening my eyes nothing seemed to happen, except that when I looked up water poured on me and got me soaked plus extinguishing my fire. 

Sigh. 


 

Greetings to you again reader, If I may I'd like to tell you that the whole Arc 1 consists of Minami-san's life in the dungeon and how she tries to survive. She won't meet anyone else but monsters here so you'll have to wait until Arc 2 for another character to appear. That is all, hope you enjoy!

8