Chapter 4
70 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

| Acid Spit | ⌈ Acidic substance with acid nature, can be used using mouth ⌋

| Acid Resistance | ⌈ Forms resistance against acid ⌋ 

 

"| Acid Resistance | is very useful, thank you! But what's with | Acid Spit |! That is gross." 

I was able to survive, although they never got to attack again and I was stronger I still got damaged, The pain from my leg is still there and I'm pretty sure there are tears in my eyes cause my vision is blurry or is that just because of the damage I took? 

That doesn't matter, I need to heal my leg or I wouldn't be able to do anything and more of those bugs could come. 

 

*Shiver* 

 

Ugh.

Sitting upright, I cut a part of my clothe and pulled it from end to end to make sure it wouldn't tear apart, after confirming that it was good enough I casted water magic, letting the floating ball of water float in front of me, far enough not to hinder my movements but near enough for me to reach.

Then I put the clothe in and started to clean it thoroughly. before all this I was living all alone so I had to hand-wash my clothes and garments, this much I could do without a problem. 

After making sure I had washed it and that it was clean enough I casted wind magic, having the waves of wind make a sphere surrounding the cloth on my hand, how it works is that the wind spins fast enough to create a vacuum effect that will extract the water out of the cloth leaving it dry.

Happy with the results I let out a hum before looking at my messed up legs and washing them with water once more

Waiting for a couple of minutes to let my leg dry, mind you it'd be painful if I use wind magic, It finally dried up. I took out the clean cloth and wrapped it tightly around my wounded leg, one for each leg, Grinding my teeth from the pain it inflicts but I had to suck it up.

Finished with covering my wounds, I let my hands collapse beside me and closed my eyes letting a breath out trying to think of what to do next. . , 

"My legs aren't technically healed just cause I covered them so I still need to find out how to heal them" 

I rested there for quite a long time I think, but just as I was about to think of what to do next however, 

I opened my eyes quickly and used my hands to carry me and moved backwards as fast as I could the moment I heard sounds of movement. I am NOT in the state to fight those things again no matter how weak they are.

 

 

 

 

I don't know how far I got but at least I don't hear noises anymore, I finally stopped and leaned my back on the stone wall, but when I leaned back just a little there was no wall to be found. Not being able to support myself fast enough I fell back,

"Ouch!" 

I sat back up to rub my head and looked back,

"Wha- Oh" 

There was a hole behind and coincidently It fit me quite perfectly.

"Etto. . ." 

There's nothing there right? If not, I could use this as a temporary base camp just for resting. . . . One way to find out. 

I quickly grabbed my glowing horn- 

Wait! where's the horn?! 

Don't tell me I left it back there! 

"Argh!" 

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid! 

Haaaah. . .

"Kuso!" 

Ow, my hand, Bad idea. 

Sighing for I-don't-know-how-many-times I casted a soft gust of wind into the hole to see if something will respond but after waiting for a safe amount of time, there was nothing, Thus I made it my hideout for now.

I am definitely going back there, the horn is a too good equipment to lose right now. 

Demo ima wa nemasu¹

I will do it later. 

Thinking my last thoughts I closed my eyes and went to dreamland to which I hope wouldn't give me a nightmare.

 


.

.

.

.

I woke up staring into darkness with my mind completely blank.

". . ." 

O-O 

Oh right, I have to go get the horn. But how the heck can I go get it when everything's dark! 

Right. not the time to complain, Okay

 

Using my hands to carry me and drag myself out of my sleeping hole, I stretched out my limbs giving a refreshing feeling on my body,

"Ahh~"  

Not being able to see anything I reached out my hand to feel the wall, I finally found the wall. I then used my hands to drag my body to where the horn is, placing my hands backwards from left to right consecutively.

After a few minutes of crawling or I don't know how to call it, I saw a light- a rather familiar one. Knowing that the light came from the glowing horn, I sped up my pace until I finally reached the corner of where I was once before.

 

"Phew"

 

Okay.

The horn is still here. . . .

 

But there are more of those bugs?! 

Yesterday- or I don't know actually. Just before, I used wind magic to kill them and it worked but the magic was quite strong so the mana it used must have been large too, If I do that again it might just work but if more come I wouldn't be able to do anything, I can't be reckless.

Those bugs are crawling from ceiling to the walls and even the floor now, It's like they're looking for something. 

?!
Are they looking for me? 

Ah no, can't be- But we can't rule it out either.

Or maybe they're looking for the corpse of their family? (that I killed) 

Ehe, well you wouldn't find them anywhere but my stomach! 

Wait. So if I already ate the bugs. . . and they're looking for the bodies. . . Then, doesn't that mean they really are looking for me? 

Ahhh!

No

Nope

Nuh-uh 

Whatever, that's doesn't really help in my rescue mission of the glowing horn. And also Glowing horn is too long that I'm getting tired of always calling it that, maybe I should give it a nickname.

 

Hmmm, 

 

What's a good name. .? 

 

"Ah!"

 

What about Gorn! 

 

. . .

 

You know! 

 

Gorn!

 

Glowing horn! it's a shortcut for glowing horn!

 

Ahem!

 

Anyways, The Gorn is surrounded by those ugly bugs. How long have they been there? If they just came then I could always wait for them to leave. But oh! I'm a human that needs to eat and my stomach is going to growl soon and give away  my spot and alert the bugs so no. not a choice. 

What attracts a bug? 

I don't think I know that, not even the school teaches that. Or at least I don't remember any lessons about what attracts a bug.

If I throw a rock to the opposite side, will they react and go to it? or will they simply ignore it?

Well, won't hurt to try it. 

 

I looked around and under my body to see if there were rocks that I could use. Looking to my right I saw what I could describe as a perfect rock, but that's just me in this desperate situation. 

Picking up the rock and feeling it for a few seconds I looked back at the bugs that were busy with themselves,

 

*Inhale

 

I aimed it at the wall across,

 

*Exhale

 

Tokk 

Bum bam

 

The noise echoed through the small space while the bugs stopped their movements and looked at where the sound they heard was from, upon seeing that there was nothing they continued on with their business.

 

Of course it wouldn't work! These are the same bugs who ambushed and surprised me! They're not your ordinary bugs. They have higher intelligence. 

Okay. . .Plan A failed. 

Time for Plan B! 

What's Plan B you ask? 

Plan B is blowing them away with wind and then run away with the horn while they're still surprised! 

 

Not a good idea? Yes you are correct. 

But we managed to do it once, so why not try again? 

 

Okay. . . .

The plan is easy enough when you say it. . . . .

But doing it is WAY different! 

I'm nervous, What if I'm not fast enough to crawl away? 

What if they managed to withstand the wind? 

OR or. . . 

What if. . .

 

*Slap

 

Sigh. 

Argh!

On the count of three I'm going in! 

No time to back out!

321 gO! 

ahem. . .

 

Reaching the end of the count down I dragged my self in front of the bugs and yelled at them gaining their attention, looking at me, they seem to know that I was a dangerous enemy so they moved immediately and tried to attack, but before they could I already casted magic and a strong, stronger than before wind blew them away and they crashed onto the wall, Taking this advantage I went to grab the horn and turned to drag my self away.

In front of me was the bugs already recovering from the shock and seeing me trying to run away they moved to give a chase, but they got attacked again and this time, It wasn't my doing. It was another monster. The same monster I got the Gorn from. It's the rabbit. 

Feeling a cold shiver down my spine, I tried to speed up and get away as fast as possible, I'm not going to fight another rabbit. My legs are also disabled, I'll die if it tries to target me. 

From a distance to what I could see, the rabbit massacred the bugs, crushing them to nothing using it's feet and tearing them to pieces using it's claws. The bugs tried to attack but couldn't. They also tried to use Acid spit but the rabbit was too fast to hit or it counters the attack with wind magic.

And then I remembered, I was lucky the rabbit that attacked me was playing. If it was this serious from the start, I don't know what I'd be today. 

Noticing the tears starting to form in my eyes, I sped up more and more till my arms were numb, but I couldn't give in now. So I kept on moving, dragging myself further and further from the chaos that will never leave my mind. 

 

 

 


 

 

"Haa"

 

"Haah"

 

"Haa" 

 

I was tried, but I couldn't stop. I felt like If I stop for just one second, that rabbit will find me and make me its dessert.

My lips were dry and my stomach has been growling since earlier but I still couldn't, wouldn't stop. Not until I know I'm a safe distance away from the rabbit. The rabbit is fast, I know that since I got to be that fast myself. so If I stop now, They may be just around the corner not far from me.

I don't really know how long I've been crawling away. I didn't notice I entered another space 

But I kept moving,

moving,

moving

and moving further away from the threat 

My hands are bruised and my arms were hurting, did. . .I overdo it? 

My body finally reached its limit and gave out. I was too tired to think, too tired to even open my eyes so I stopped and decided to lie down, But when I did, I felt no wall. . . .nor a floor.

'Deja vu'

I. . .am falling.

Below me is water, and by the looks of it, it's deep

And I can't swim with my legs, but even if I could. . . . . I'm just still tired,

So this is how I die? 

I'm gonna. . .drown. .

But I was still too tired to care about it, I just wanted to rest.

I'm not sure if it's real or if it's just me but the water below is glowing. . .

Haaah~

"This. . Life of mine"

 

*splash 

. . .

 

. .

 

.

 

.

.

.


 

Demo ima wa nemasu¹ - "But I'll sleep for now" 

 

I. . .Am. . .BACK!

Ehehehe, It's great to be back! 

Reader! Reader! Did you miss me too? . . . .no?

Oh, Alright.

Very sad. . .Anyways! Did you enjoy the new chapter?

because from now till the end I will be putting in more details about Minami-san's suffering, I felt like the past chapters, she's been chilling too much for someone stuck in a dungeon with a five year old body.

I think that is all I want to say for now, Stay tune for the next chapters

*Wink

 

 

 

 

7