Ch 15: Letters
3.7k 15 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
*Anos's POV*
It was a normal morning for me. Waking up, taking a bath, using good quality shampoo on my hair but forgetting to turn off Limitless and wasting it. My cursed energy seemed to be expanding exponentially nowadays. Somedays I would just wake up with twice or even several times as much as I had just the day before.
I had gotten into experimenting with it a bit as it seemed that I would remain unable to use magic except using Cursed energy for it.
It did seem that I was manifesting more and more powers with the increase in Cursed energy apparent by the fact that I had summoned a black and White wolf pup on top of Dad's head while he was drinking tea. Both little guys had a red marking on their heads resembling a crudely joined triangle.
I could summon or unsummon them but for me, it still took a lot of time as I wasn't particularly familiar with hand signs. It seemed that I should've joined the Naruto Handsign training regiment but it was only a matter of time before I became better at it.
I had become really good at flying even going as fast as a Nimbus series broom but not the latest editions. The wizarding community provided a catalog of the speeds and reaction time for the brooms. One other neat trick I learned with cursed energy was that I could increase my hair length by constantly supplying it with cursed energy and the fun part was that the increased hair was literal energy which I could bend into many shapes. Apparent by the fact that I ended up cutting through a whole tree because my ponytail which I had for some reason grown to below my waist had brushed through it when I flicked my head.
Whenever I stopped supplying the energy my hair returned to its normal size though just a bit more messy. 
"Ahh, nothing like coffee and the Moon," I said while looking out from my window. As I grow older it seemed I needed less and less time to sleep but I still slept a lot though particularly on Sundays. I mean what else was I gonna do?
My potion-making skills were better than even fifth-year students at Hogwarts and I was just trying to crack how to make a Felix Felicis successfully but as I was drinking coffee an owl burst through the window and in its beak was what I assume was a letter from Hogwarts.
It 23 or maybe 24? Of July so I guess it was par for the course. I took the letter and gently scratched the owl who gave a satisfied hoot and went inside the house to probably rest.
Dad hadn't been home for a week because of the workload at Hogwarts having increased since a new term was gonna start and the people at Hogwarts wrote every single letter by themselves! With parchment and ink no less. I liked to write with a pen thank you very much.
I can't believe that half the wizarding community wrote everything with Eagle feathers. There was even the case of the Indian wizarding community going radio Silent on everyone else because some of the peacocks they borrowed feathers from migrated due to a changing season. 
I took the letter and read it aloud to no one in particular.
"Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorcerer , Chief Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)


Dear Anos Severus,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress


The second page with requirements says:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

UNIFORM First-year students will require: 1.Three sets of plain work robes (black) 
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear 3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) 
4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.


COURSE BOOKS All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble


OTHER EQUIPMENT

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal vials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.


PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICK"
" Sweet. " I said after reading the letter but a little note fell out of the back of the letter. I picked it up and read it.
" Dear Anos, since you're certainly a special individual I'm very pleased if you choose to attend our school. Much to my distress, our community doesn't appreciate your specialty as I do so we can if you so decide to provide you with a safe shelter on certain days on which you might feel particularly 'Unwell',.
~Yours sincerely
   A boomer"
 I gave a chuckle to Dumbledore's sense of humor. The old man was cunning indeed. He gave a feeling of friendliness at the start but then quickly did point out how no other establishment on the continent would teach me.
 "Two can play at this game." I said with a grin. Now I was even more excited about going to Hogwarts which meant that it was finally time.
 Time for a shopping spree.
_______________________________________

Author's Note: Read upto 8 chapters ahead for both my books on my Patreon. 

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and stay safe out there. 

   
116