Ch 18: Wands
3.4k 8 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

Finally, after every single book, cauldron, ink bottle, and parchment was bought we were now standing in front of 'Ollivanders Makers of Fine Wands Since 382 BC' where Garrick Ollivander worked. Still dedicated to the profession of his long dead house. 

"Who the hell is doing crack at 1 in the afternoon," I said as I dusted off a plume of smoke in front of me that smelled like weed as I entered the shop.

I looked through the counters and saw the Old man Ollivander waiting to jump out ready to surprise us. 

"Oh, such a nice shop. Would be really bad if someone set this nice 3rd century BC furniture on fire." I said and there was a loud thud from behind the counter as a disheveled old man came running up to us.

"Ah yes. Yes, yes. I thought I’d be seeing you soon. Harriet Potter. You have your mother’s eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work." The old man went off talking to Harriet.

Draco grunted from annoyance.

" You know I wouldn't be particularly interested in catching the eye of an old man," I said with a smile and nudged Draco with my shoulder.

" I just don't like the guy. If it weren't for him.." Draco started but decided to leave the topic for somewhere private. I had an idea about what it was but I would still give him time to tell him by myself. It wasn't like he was gonna apparate himself to go buy milk or something so what was the use of rushing him.

Ollivander ended up showing Harriet a dozen wands and after each object getting shattered to pieces Harriet was looking more and more distressed but finally, she got her wand.

Harriet's wand was 11 inches long, made of holly, and possessed a phoenix feather core. Ollivander described it to be an unusual combination of wand core and wood. Harriet's wand was described as being "nice and supple" by the old man. He then gave the news about the twin of Harriet's wand having killed her parents.

"You know Phoenix feather wands owners are the most loyal people in the wizarding world," I said to Harriet who was looking at her wand with confusion in her eyes. She replied with an unfocused 'Hmm' and went back to looking at her wand.

Finally, it was Draco's turn. His wand was 10 inches long, made of hawthorn wood, and had a unicorn hair core. The wand was described as "Reasonably springy" by Ollivander.

"Your wand Sir Malfoy shows adaptability. It can help you out a lot in whatever the future holds for you only if you hold the reigns tight." Ollivander said and even though Draco seemed anxious at first he really was happy after getting his wand. Evident by the big smile on his face. 

"You sir?" Ollivander said after finishing up with Draco.

"Anos Snape," I replied but I was quite unsure how a wand was gonna choose me if I didn't even use Mana.

"Oh yes here 12 inches long, Unicorn Hair core, Kirin Wood. Quite flexible." He said while handing me the wand.

I touched the wand and immediately felt nauseous but still stood straight.

"Nope, not for me," I said and put the wand back.

"Hmm, then perhaps..." And with that, I was handed at least a dozen wands each making me feel more nauseous than before.

'I could really go for a drop of blood. ' I thought as even the sunlight inside the shop was feeling a lot itchier on my skin now so I was using Limitless heavily.

"Here 7 inches long, Karma wood, with a Dragon Heartstring core. Quite..." Ollivander went on but his voice immediately faded from my mind as soon as I touched the wand. I felt like puking my insides out and immediately fell to the floor.

*5 minutes later*

"What the hell's going on" I woke up and immediately wondered as there were hundreds of wands pointing at me without their owner.

"You okay Anos?" Harriet asked while patting my back and Draco seemed concerned as well though a bit unnerved by the wands. Ollivander seemed shocked.

"In all the years that my family has made wands we've never seen such...such disgust to virtuous cores. You, child, seem to be not be able to wield a wand but would you still like to try one last one?" Ollivander asked and I agreed only after putting a drop of blood on my tongue. My throat felt like the Sahara desert right now.

Harriet seemed to be thinking about what I just drank as I just nodded to Ollivander.

"  Here." Ollivander put a dark blue wand in front of me and said nothing further about this one.

'I'm gonna suck a lake dry after this.' I thought as I picked up the wand.

It seemed as if the whole shop shrieked as at least two-thirds of all the wands in the shop pointed at me and shrieked higher and higher and just as suddenly as the noise had started it became silent again.

Ollivander provided no further explanation to us as he simply handed me the 13-inch wand and told us to leave the shop. I still left a dozen Galleons in the old man's counter though it was likely he wasn't even gonna touch them. Harriet looked horrified and Draco looked as if he just found out about the Birds and the Bees.

"Hey there Hagrid." I waved at the bushy beard man walking towards us. Something jingling in his coat. It seemed he hadn't bought Hedwig.

"Hello, there little Anos. I suppose you're shopping for your first year too huh." He asked happily.

"Yup. This is Draco Malfoy." I said as Draco came to the front. Both of them greeted each other with a bit of awkwardness.

"You know Hagrid, Draco really likes Occamy and Blood rabbits. " I said which startled both Hagrid and Draco. The former seemed to beam with happiness a second later.

" Oh, really little Draco. I don't have any Occamy but I think I can find a couple of Blood Rabbits for ya. " Hagrid said chirping and completely forgetting that Blood Rabbits weighed 300 kilograms and acted like a slime monster.

"Yeah... I like Choranaptyxis. They are... Fascinating." Draco said and if there was any awkwardness in the voice of the boy who had only held rabbits that I sneaked into the Malfoy household then Hagrid didn't notice it. 

______________________________________

Read upto 8 chapters ahead for both my books on my Patreon. The link will be down below.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and stay safe out there. 

109