Ch 68: Rumors
632 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Anos's POV*

"Draco catch."

*Splash*

"For the love of All that is Holy! That's the 5th banana that you've smacked me with. What the hell's wrong with you?" Draco shouted looking hatefully at the now squeezed banana peel before throwing it into the fireplace.

"And it's the 5th time that you've reacted like that so I'm still enjoying it just as much as the first time," I answered chuckling.

I was dressed casually (Still school robes but inside it was normal stuff) since it was Sunday and me and Draco were waiting for the others to join us at the fireplace before going for breakfast.

I hadn't used a charm for that particular stunt I had used my affinity. Throwing objects away from yourself with only your thoughts was pretty cheap in the amount of magic it consumed since I wasn't using it to throw away anything big for the moment. It was part of Limitless my first affinity that I had bound to my soul.

The technique was named 'Reversed Limitless: Red' cause the name fit And because I was not able to think of another one. It was a mouthful but oh well I wasn't planning on shouting it out to my opponent anyway.

 What I did just now was instinctual use of it at best and I was getting better at doing it, my hand didn't recoil as much when using it as it had the first time.

It with 'Strengthened Limitless: Blue' were the only techniques I was able to use at the moment, I was familiar with how to use them previously so they came back to me fast. A few more weeks and I would be proficient at it If Draco continued to be my target but considering my gigantic Heart I couldn't do that.

'Blue' was the opposite of 'Red' as it allowed me to attract anything towards myself. There were limitations, of course, any object that I didn't have the cursed energy for would not budge no matter how efficient I was getting at manipulating Cursed energy.

So no attracting Earth and throwing it off its orbit for me but maybe I was attracting and repelling the Earth and now we were heading towards our doom. Well, that must've been a really small movement since I didn't see anything different.

This brought me back to the other Affinity I possessed 'Six Eyes' that was bound to my brain. It made Manipulation of cursed energy instinctual for me. The seeing everything for kilometers that held even a hint of Magic in it was an added benefit. 

For those things that didn't contain magic well magic was in almost everything even in the air so they became clear as ironically they were the things that stood out, so recognizing them was easy.

I hadn't fully explored 'Six Eyes' there wasn't enough time. I had three Affinities and not a lot of time to explore them, there was a lot more they could do but they'll have to wait.

I was thankful that I didn't fall unconscious as soon as I took my Blindfold off now. It did make me lose strength pretty fast though. The Dragon Heart was a huge help but without it, 5 minutes was my record with open eyes, and that included blinking time.

Regular Magic was simple enough now. I was still doing it wandless no use getting into that particular pile of trash if I could help it or rather if I didn't want to kill anyone. Wandless magic came easy enough due to 'Six Eyes'.

That almost made me consider forgetting about what I had to go through to get those things, almost being the keyword here. As soon as I remembered the darkness and how alone I was I took back that thought.

"I expected many things but I didn't expect the first few weeks of school life to be... To be this." Draco said watching the banana peel burn with glee.

And what weeks they had been. After I had returned from the ritual the first three days were all spent with me laughing my ass off.

Somehow (I knew it was probably Simon that blurted it out) the news of my Grandfather dying went out and Uncle Lucius came to know about it.

He visited Dad in the infirmary With Aunt Narcissa. It was fun to see Dad wake up and then being smacked with a bouquet of flowers.

I cleared that misunderstanding up. Eventually. And Dad was righteously pissed off.

The students learned about it at that point so nothing could be done about that. Dad had gotten bouquet after bouquet and even a 2 Day paid leave to 'Gather his strength' but I knew Dumbledore was in on the joke.

The students might've tried to do something stupid but the terror of Dad exploding on them kept them in place. No one wanted increased homework, shit marks in Potions for the entirety of school, And Detention. That just does not look good on the resume.

Fred and George Weasley might've tried something but surprisingly they're pretty understanding people so they even toned down their pranks in Dad's class for a full 3 days before it was business as usual.

Some poor student, bless his soul had begun a rumor that Dad actually loved his father very dearly so the students now treated Dad as an unchained Hound. Dad was admittedly happy with that outcome.

"Ok so are we going to get breakfast or not?" Simon said adjusting his collar.

" Just a minute!" Harriet repeated for the hundredth time. She was in more of a hurry than the rest of us since she had Quidditch practice and let's just say Oliver Wood was really into the sport not to mention the Slytherin match coming up so their team was on crunch mode.

"She shouldn't have accepted that offer," Draco said from beside me.

"The Quidditch seeker one?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. She'll be left behind in her studies." Draco answered.

" We all know you're just jealous that you don't get to play," I said chuckling.

" What's so big about hitting a ball in the air through some looptey loops," Simon said dropping down on the couch.

Draco looked ready to burst but I raised a finger to stop him from going on a rampage.

" What's so good about any of the sports? They're a bunch of rules people place on themselves so they can have fun, you don't have to participate in it and you don't have to like it if you don't want to." I answered reasonably.

"Not with my dad they're not. He wrestled my crib back from a bear when I was a baby. Now that's something I would like to do." Simon answered and for a moment there was silence.

For a few fleeting moments, my mind questioned the validity of the statement before I remembered who we were talking about. They were Belmonts the same family that kept vampires from turning medieval society into massacres by the simple virtue of the fact that they hated vampires, of course, their leader would be like that.

Trevor Belmont had a reputation that was greater than any Belmont in the last 300 years and the stuff said about him was absurd but at the same time, Belmonts had a way of accomplishing impossible tasks.

"It seems your father's reputation precedes him," Alucard said from a corner.

"Yeah, yeah I know Belmonts are bloodthirsty brutes who kill your kind... Wait was that a compliment?" Simon said surprised.

"Evidently yours does not. They told me that the Belmont heir was born with the strength of a thousand men and an intellect that put his mother Sephna Belnade's to shame. You're just a big oaf and your last-minute completion of tasks leaves much to be desired." Alucard said with a condensing gaze and with that the atmosphere turned dark.

" Take that back," Simon said angrily.

"He's just trying to goad you into doing something stupid Simon no need to take offense," I said and helped Simon back into the couch.

"Someone seems to get it. My I might just call him an intellectual and civilized creature." Alucard said amused.

*Screech*

All of our necks slowly turned to Lan sharpening his sword.

"Dude....uncool."

"Why do you always sit in a corner while doing that?"

"Really at 7 in the fucking AM? What are you going Dragon Hunting after Breakfast? Didn't want to leave without that lucky Cereal huh?"

" I find your persistence with the sword to be... Acceptable."

" Ok, we can go now," Harriet said as she entered the common room with Hermione behind her.

"Finally! I thought we were gonna starve." Simon said getting up.

I helped Lan cover his sword with clothes and then joined we the others down at the Breakfast table.

"Finally some Good Fucking Food," Simon said smiling and reached out for the Eggs.

*Splash*

Before an Owl dropped an object that looked suspiciously like a broom on the table.

"Goddamit!" 

_________________

Visit Patreon.com/Ashara to read upto 16 chapters ahead.

The current update schedule seems to be Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. I'll try to keep up to it.

Hope everyone has a Nice Day/Night. 

23