Everything begins somewhere
77 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

I walk down the street and look all around me... the shadows have eyes.

They aren't leering at me though, so its fine.  I shift the supplies from my grocery errand so that I can run if I need to just in case.

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

Abruptly, I spy with mine eyes, the shadows in the architecture, spinning into infinity...

I wonder what poor schmuck summoned an O̴̱͌̓ǔ̴̡̻̲̹̎͌̈́̓ţ̶̠̻̔s̷̩͋̀i̵̙̒́͒͘d̸̨̖̑̋̚ͅḙ̷̯͂̕r̴̯͑̈́͝.

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

Sometimes I feel like these mage gang initiates have a deathwish or something.

I mean really, if you want to commit suicide, leave everyone else out of it.  What did the passerby ever do to you?

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

I duck down an alleyway near an emergency shelter entrance, and glide my citizens id across the scanner.

It clicks open and I slide in, absently reminding myself to pay tribute this next week to renew my id's limit since its down to 1 more usage before dissolution of my citizenship.

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

I notice the shelter is rather empty.  For now, anyways.  Theres this one man in the corner with a halfburnt stick of something smelly who looks semi-cognizant and like he hasn't left the shelter in who knew how long.

I wonder how long it will take for this place to fill once the general populace realises some ambitious mook tried to suborn an O̴̱͌̓ǔ̴̡̻̲̹̎͌̈́̓ţ̶̠̻̔s̷̩͋̀i̵̙̒́͒͘d̸̨̖̑̋̚ͅḙ̷̯͂̕r̴̯͑̈́͝ again.

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

I make my way over to an out of the way bunk located near an alcove I can duck behind if there's a stampede. The man doesn't really register my presense even if his eyes breifly follow my motion as I move opposite to him and along the shelters left wall.

I really wonder if there is some geass or compulsion cast on the city, either by the high council or something O̸̫̯̍̚̚͘T̴̛̞̗̹̊̄́̒̌͌͛ͅḪ̸̦̲̝̣̞͒̀̆̓É̸̢̛̫͚̦̭̖̣̤͋͒̍͝R̴͕̞̩̥̬̃́̿͒̄̀.  O̴̱͌̓ǔ̴̡̻̲̹̎͌̈́̓ţ̶̠̻̔s̷̩͋̀i̵̙̒́͒͘d̸̨̖̑̋̚ͅḙ̷̯͂̕r̴̯͑̈́͝ summons didn't use to be so common in the past, or so the eldest of the aunty's claim.

Hmm, hmhm, hmmhmmhmhm~

I settle into my little corner, and secure the most valuable of my possessions onto my frame, filling all the pockets I can, and settling my shopping under the lowerbunks bedframe, just out of sight to the casual observer. Seems this is one of the lesser shelters that don't have mage lockers attached to the bunk frames.

I slip slide into the alcove, and cast some concealant charms onto it, just enough so those who don't know its there won't pay too much attention to it, and then I pop out and grab one of the bedsheets and move it into a cushion in the alcove.  I pillow it under my head as I curl up, and fall asleep to the rumbles from outside vibrating the shelter...

0