Chapter 2 – Shameless Thug
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am extremely pissed. That's how I would sum up my experienced in using that portal. Aside from falling face-first once again in the ground with little to no grass, the ride is also dizzying!

And since this game is ridiculously real, I experienced pain that make my breathing uneven. I laid there for quite some time. Thinking of the day when I picked a fight with this classmate of mine last year. I was sixteen year old that time—annoyed, angry and full of vigor.

Little did I know that this guy that I picked fight with has a brother in senior to whom he told about me! Of course this brother has another set of friends that he invite to beat the shit out of me.

I dont want for you to hope that this grandpa had been able to do something miraculous in the face of eight people. Yes, they beat the shit out of me. But I didn't let them get me without a fight. I could say that I am still proud since I had been able to make three noses bleed that time before they had been able to put me in the ground.

That's how I felt right now, I felt like I am slowly loosing my breath.

It was after when I heard scraping noises in the nearby bush that I decided to stood. I am surrounded by tall beech trees that form a canopy of green leaves from above. My first thought was to get out of the forest. I turned from where the light is coming. I realized that I am much closer to the edge of the forest than what I expected.

I walked and skipped on the giant roots entangled on the ground as I headed for the clearing. Despite the fact that I've been in this game for more than half an hour, I still couldn't keep my awe on how realistic this game is.

Outside the forest, I see a small village in a valley surrounded by swaying tall grasses. A note appeared in my front.

It's a warning that the town has some attacker and that I have to save them. A red marking appeared on a man that holds a big revolver, pointing it at the poor citizens.

I ran towards the town, halfway from there I could already hear the cry for help made by the people. I stopped as I noticed that there is another person who hold a sword who was trying to stop the one who holds the gun. The enemy shoot him in the chest and the guy flew backwards, a bar in the color of red appeared above his head, slowly decreasing.

When the guy saw me his eyes widen. He immediately shouted for me to help.

"I need some hand here!'

I stopped and look around to find a weapon, and since I'm a fucking baby to this game. I instantly picked a fist-sized rock and without even thinking, I throw it on the enemy's head.

I stared at the trajectory of the stone, slowly arching towards the head of the man. As soon as it hit his head, a red bar appeared above his head, including his name. 

[ Shameless Thug ]

Shameless became petrified from the spot.

You know the feeling of agitation you could feel when your teacher was about to pull or call your name in the recitation? That's how I felt that time, I know something bad would happen. Grandpa messed up big time.

"Fuck! Couldn't you do better? Really? A fucking stone." The guy run towards my direction and stood beside me.

"What? Is is that bad?" I asked.

"We have to run, that mob is now entering Abnormal State. Means bigger guns and faster attack with a chance of Bleeding."

He looked at me and when he saw that I wasnt holding anything, his brows knitted 

"Why don't you choose a weapon," he said and show me his sword and wooden shield.

Wow, what a funny looking stuff he have here.

Shameless roared. I gasped, "the person roared."

"What person? It's a fucking monster!" then he stopped, "you're a noob."

It wasn't a question but a declaration.

I felt insulted at the term. Though I didn't exacty know what it was that time, but it felt like he was saying that I'm a shit.

"So what if I am."

"Picked a weapon but before that we run."

I followed him as he started running away from the village.

"How could I choose a weapon?"

"Slide left using your finger," he said and raised his left index finger and slide it left. "Like that."

The grass rustled on our waist as we continue to run, I looked back and immediately swear that it wasn't the best option, since when Shameless see me he started shooting at me madly. Looks like I really put him in a bad mood. Well, if someone throw a stone in my head I would have gone mad either.

A list of weapon with pictures that show how they looked appeared in my front. But the one that caught my attention was the spear with a silver tip and wooden handle. I selected it, it had been the initial reason why I decided to play this game. Slowly a spear materialized before my hand. It was light and based from its length it was right for my height. 

"A spear?" he said as if he was in doubt. 

But I didn't mind this guy's rumbling, since I was pretty confident with my skills. I am part of the drama club of our school. There was this time when I was tasked to be the lead actor of a character who's a spearman. Yes, you heard it right grandsons, Grandpa had become a handsome spearmen bound to save a princess—though it ended tragically since both of use died.

In order to prepare for the role I have to learn how to handle the thing correctly, doing stances and posses.

But the thing is after the play, I got really engrossed in spear that I created a blunt one using a long piece of wood. I used it from time to time to learn more on how to handle it. And I thought this thing wouldn't be so different from the one that I used. Though I never really had someone to practiced with. 

I stopped running. The guy at my back stopped and shouted, "what the hell are you doing?"

I didn't mind him and instead slowly walked towards Shameless who's in evident rage, or in Abnormal State according to this guy that I didn't bother to get the name.

The person raised his gun and shoot at me. I raised my spear in my head and spun it in the air, reimagining the stan that I was so found of. As soon as I do this, the guy behind stopped shouting. 

From my head, the spear glide downwards to my front, I heard the bullet bounced back. I turned around with the spear still spinning in my hand. 

I ran and meet Shameless. I slashed at him on his chest and immediately pulled for a straight strike. The impact of the spear jabbing straight to his stomach had made him fell in the ground. Despite Shameless' scary look, he was slow. 

He raised once more and planned to strike at me. But since I used a spear, the tables are with me. I left him no time to strike at me. I strike at him, hitting him from every open spots that I could see—his shoulder, legs and stomach. And even on his revolver.

Before when I practiced I always get sweaty in no time but since it's a game, I couldn't feel my sweat dripping. But I could feel myself getting tired 

I looked up and saw that the red bar above his head is slowly decreasing. I jumped backwards and do a straight spike aiming for Shameless' eyes. Blood oozed from where his eyes is. He screamed for one last time before his body fell in the ground.

Two notes flash before my eyes, congratulating me for the completion of the quest. The other note said:

[ Level Up! ]

[ Congratulations you just reached Level 2! ]

1