Chapter 1.2 – So, I’m a frog
432 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Normally, it takes months or even years for a tadpole to develop into a fully grown frog on Earth. In addition, metamorphosis into a frog is dependent on the weather and size. But in this other world, there is a strong magical concentration. With the help of magic, it only took one and a half weeks for the frog to mature. Only 5 of us tadpoles survived from a group of 50.


At first, I was just swimming in the river and eating algae. I was still unaware at the time, until I sprouted four legs. Memories from my past life flood my mind. One of them is that I died as a result of anemia; I lost consciousness for a brief moment, but my balance was so off that I struck my head on a rock in the ground.


The Goddess I met laughed at me because of how I died and how my face looks. In my previous life, I didn't have a good appearance, but that didn't bother me until I met that bitch Goddess and she turned me into a non-human species, and it turned out as a frog for her entertainment.


Ahh, I swear I'll fuck you the next time I see you! But I'm not sure how I can enter her realm.

In this world, how am I supposed to find a girlfriend? I didn't have a girlfriend at the time, but this is the worst-case scenario; I won't be able to talk to anyone in this condition.


For the time being, forget about it all; I need to find a way to transform back into a human. That will be my primary focus for the time being.


I've seen many reincarnation stories before, where someone was reincarnated into an OP slime, spider, demon, and so on... I've wanted to be like them for a long time, but with all of the possibilities and odds, how did I end up becoming a frog?

I know my luck in gacha is bad, but how did it get to reincarnation?

『Error: No suitable answer could be found. 』


In some ways, you're completely useless!


I call that voice "Ency", a play on the word "Encyclopedia." I called her that because I've learned a lot about this world and its inhabitants. Though I'm not sure how she got into my head, perhaps the Goddess did, maybe she's not bad at all.


She wasn't here before, but when I asked myself a lot of questions, she suddenly spoke up. I was perplexed as to where she had come from because she did not respond. Maybe it's too personal for her to give me information.


“Ency, I've been meaning to ask if I could learn magic.”

“Yes.”

Such a simple answer, but it's not bad at all. She didn't like answering my questions before I named her; all of my first questions just forced her to speak because I disturbed her peace.


Is this fruit edible, Ency?


As I was walking or rather jumping, I noticed a tree with a red fruit that resembled an apple. I'm not sure what it's called in this world, but it resembled an apple.

『Yes』

Yes, just when I needed something to eat. It's time to eat!

To be honest, I don't want to eat bugs or insects. I mean, why would I eat it raw? I've never tried eating exotic food before. It's too much for my stomach. I only eat fruits and raw vegetables that I come across here, and I always ask Ency if they are edible so that I am safe.


There are also some bugs and insects that similar to those found on Earth. My frog brothers enjoy eating them, but I can't. The difference is that they are ten times larger in this world, though a frog is ten times larger as well. The food chain is the same here, but I'm afraid they'll eat me up! If I meet one, I'll become their prey.

That sort of thing.

I said this while pointing at a large mosquito that had been buzzing around me for a while.

Wait.

“Ahhh!” As I ran away from the large mosquito, I screamed.


The mosquito has the appearance of a large stinger to sucking blood from its prey. I'm not afraid of being injected with a syringe, but with a body like that, why wouldn't I be? They aren't known as the "Killer Mosquito" for nothing!

5