Chapter 5 – I was bored that I challenged them to a race
157 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At this moment, we’re still walking or rather jumping while we are headed to the river where we stay. I asked my sister that is walking beside me to teach me some of her magic. I’m not even sure if I have affinity for elemental magic in the first place, but I really want to! Skills are cool, but Elemental Magic are cooler for me! Specially Lighting and Ice Elemental Magic!

“What? You want me to teach you some of my magic? Do you even have affinity with water element?”

My sister beside me can only use water element magic. It’s normal thing to only have one elemental magic affinity. I saw her using magic once, she sliced a 『Bull Boar』 in to half. I know that food chain still works the same but, in this place if you’re weaker than your prey, you will become the prey instead.

“Yes please!” I replied with a sparkly puppy eyes I didn’t even hear what she said as whole, I was immersed in learning magic.

I’ve been fond of things like using magic and sword in a fantasy world, now that I’m in one of it. I’m more hyped, my only choice as of now is to learn some magic. Let set aside swords for now, I don’t think I can even grip a sword properly with my leg having only 3 fingers.

“Alright, I’ll see what I can.” She replied with a doubt on her face.

What? You don’t have faith in your brother?

I can use destructive skill

I should learn magic too for more power!

I should be able to learn magic easily with my former human intelligence, right?

But wait, we've been walking for what seems like an eternity; how far did I stray!? I didn't notice because I was too busy running away with my balls. Ack! My senses are still messed up!

 "How far away is the river from here?" I inquired, hesitantly.

It's embarrassing. If they hadn't found me, I might have gotten lost.

"Hmm, I think it's about *30km1I'll use our units to not complicate things. Also I changed it from 5km to 30km, my sense of distance is kinda mess. away." My vivacious sister responded.

What the-



That far?



How in the hell did you got here that fast!?

I was surprised.

I was taken aback that feel like my jaw dropped to the ground.

How could they have felt or seen the explosions? How acute are their perceptions? Furthermore, as you get closer to the river, the trees become denser, indicating a healthy forest. No one ever cuts trees here, well, they do but not to that depth. After hundreds or thousands of years, the forest became denser.

Also, why are they so certain that I've gotten this far and am on the verge of disaster?

It appears that I will need to work on my senses the next time. I think I understand why they said humans are lurking around here; there's a chance there's a city or town nearby.

This is a disaster! Maybe they felt the same way! They might send investigation party! I'm not sure if they'll make it to the river, but please don't come anywhere near my house. That, however, is just my speculation.

"Ah, I know what I'm going to teach you first, but we'll get to the river and get started."

“O-okay.” My world became gray as a result of my thoughts, and I responded with a blank stare.

My sister gave me a blank stare as she came to a halt.

"What? are you no longer interested?" She turned her gaze to me when my sister 2 two asked me a question.

"No way! That's not it!" I immediately responded, and I'm back to my senses.

In the hours since, we've encountered monsters that are similar to us but of a different species. We got through them unscathed thanks to our excellent teamwork. There are monsters who pick fights with us and end up begging for their lives. My siblings are truly terrifying when they work together. I included myself, but I didn't fight; instead, I was their lookout in the middle, and I was the one who was protected. I don't want to fight because I know I'll have to do the same with the Killer Mosquito. By now, we've made it halfway to the river.

I'm so bored, we've been walking for what seems like an eternity. This forest is massive! It's already been an hour since the launch. I need to say something to liven things up.

"Greetings, my brothers and sisters." I drew their attention to myself.

They come to a halt and turn to face me.

How daring of me to summon them all of a sudden.

Their eyes are fixed on me, as if they are expecting something good to come out of my mouth.

"Aren't you bored with this slow pace? Why don't we sprint down to the river? The last one to arrive will be in charge of the dinner! We can use any method as long as we get to the river quickly." I proposed.

I sensed a surge of menacing energy in the area around us.

Their expressions shift from menacing to serious, with a grin on their lips.

Their expressions change from calmness to menacing, with a grin on their lips.

"Do you understand what you're saying, my brother?"

"You're brave to propose such a result, my brother. Aren't you afraid of hunting for food?"

"I'm going to win anyway, and you're going to be the last one there, so go find our dinner while it's still early."

“*maniacal laughter* Fufufu.”

 My brothers and sisters, you're too competitive. It's only a race!

Even my grumpy brother couldn't resist the challenge. Does he really want me to die in a food fight?

Wait! Did I just made my self the biggest mistake!

“E- why did you assume that I’m going to hunt for food? If I lose, I’m just gonna go grab some fruits and vegetables!”

I challenge them without even considering about their abilities. I’ve seen them fight as a group but not seen their true potential individually. They came from the river which is 5 kilometers far from here that fast just by running. There should be only a little difference between between walking and running normally. However, what if they use the same method they did to come here? I don’t know when did they start running to find me, but the fight just a hours ago and I’m barely away from the scene.

"No, no, why are you the only one enforcing the rule? We have the right to add something to each of us! " My first sister 1 objected.

Unexpectedly, a frog discussing rights. I'm sure they have, but I didn't expect them to say anything.

"O-okay, don't be too hard on me!", I responded.

“Ehm!” She cleared her throat with a dignified pose, while pretending to use her left leg as a microphone. "So, the person who comes last is forbidden from bringing only fruits and vegetables for dinner!" That's all!"

"Hey, I'll add one as well! Whoever comes last should accept my challenge to fight me to the death!" my grumpy brother said as he cast a deadly gaze through me.

"『Beetle Fly』 will be our dinner!" exclaimed my energetic sister.

"Well, I won't add anything as long as I can eat to my heart's content!" said by my brother 1. “Shall we get started?”

They then begun to line up in a row, posing ready to run in any moment.

Seems like I can’t avoid it now, I just dug mg own grave.

"Get in line already!"

" Okay, I'm sorry."

“What? You're terrified now?”

My energetic sister then spoke while casting a ball of water in front of us.

"I cast it to be our sign to begin, and once it pops, we're good to go!"

“Alright!!!!” said by everyone in unison.

After that, the atmosphere in area suddenly turned serious. While we are preparing ourselves, each of us staring and waiting for the ball of water to pop.

 30 minutes have past but the water ball in front of us still haven’t pop.

“Oi! How much time does it take for it to pop? It's taking so long that one of us fell asleep!" my grumpy brother asked, directing his question to my sister, who had cast the spell.

"Uh, I think I may had cast the wrong magic spell." She flinched in humiliation.

“Hmm, let’s try again don’t get so worked up! And you too wake up now we’re gonna start again.” My brother 1 as he shook sister 1 who fell asleep.

“Hmm?” My sister, whom they were attempting to wake up, responded with a sleepy gusty voice and an attempt to open her eyes. “Oh, I thought we’re already done and I was the first to arrive.”

Did she perhaps dream of us already started? What a sleepy head fellow..

“That was just in your dream! “ my brother who tried to wake her up said.

To get our attention, my sister 2 clapped once. "All right, get in position, I'm about to cast another one!"

She then focused her thoughts while casting the water ball that had formed from nothing in front of us. We all stretched as the water ball slowly formed.

As the water ball finished materializing, sister 2 asked, "Are you ready?"

“Yes!”

"It's better not to fail again!"

“Um.”

The atmosphere then returns to seriousness as we wait for the ball of water to pop.

1