Chapter-4 Hunted 3/3
183 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

Preston sat there dumbfounded as he did not knew that Shize already agreed to another Contract.

Preston quickly thought of an idea to get the Assassin to sign another Contract with him.

Preston: surely you would change your mind if I double your salary?

Shize once again smirked behind his mask unseen.

Preston: triple? maybe triple will change your mind?

Shize kept smirking while Preston had a headache.

Preston: quadruple? maybe?

Shize: sigh... mister Preston please know that I value the rules correct?

Preston sighed as he looked up to the chandelier hanging above them then soon turned back to Shize.

Preston: well I guess I cant change your mind then.

Shize chuckled then replied to Preston.

Shize: well its very important to have morals or standards sir Preston.

Preston: well... I guess I still have my job to contend with.

Preston chuckled and stood up then said his goodbyes. 

Preston: well sir assassin... if you ever change your mind, please contact me anytime.

Preston turned to Dr Emil.

Preston: doctor... should we get going?

Dr Emil turned to Shize and waved her hand in goodbye then soon left the dining room.

Preston: goodbye sir, its been a pleasure having you around.

Shize: as do I sir Preston.

Preston soon left with the others who did not get to even finish the food in front of them, Shize was once again all by himself but he soon remembered that Cosmo was still on the table.

Shize slowly and carefully carried Cosmo by one hand and went to the balcony on the roof of his house... once he arrived he sat on one of the couches and placed Cosmo on the small table next to him and gave Cosmo a few treats before taking out his laptop.

he looked up the web on where he could find treats for little Cosmo but then remembered that he has a Contract to fulfil. 

he called one of the butlers and told him to take care of Cosmo while he is away, the butler quickly nodded and soon took Cosmo leaving Shize still on the couch, Shize returned his laptop inside his bag and went to his room, once there he put his bag on the bed and went to take a bath... and once he finished he went to his cabinet and wore a black tuxedo.

looking the old costume he once wore, he knew that it stink, so he decided to give it to one of his maids and told her to wash it with care, the maid did what was told to her and left with his costume, although the mask did not stink he knew that he needed to improve it.

but since it was still in perfect condition he decided not to... he then wore the mask and went out his private estate to find his target, he looked at his phone to find Drakon Myre, and to his dumb luck he actually found the poor guy on a news report.

Drakon was seen being broadcasted live on the internet with a few dozen thugs in a gunfight with the police, the location was public so it was not hard to find the target... he then returned the phone back in his pocket and then walked to the direction of a bus stop.

I thought this guy was some sort of mafia boss Shize thought to himself, he got bored of walking so he then ordered a taxi and told the driver to drive to the location where the gunfight is taking place.

once he arrived near the location he immediately took out a silenced pistol from his bag and slowly approached the scene with his pistol hidden inside his tuxedo.

as he approached the scene a large police line was seen blocking the path between him and the target, he needed Drakon alive so he thought of a way to pass the police blockade.

he went to the roofs where he saw a news helicopter patrolling the skies but then noticed a really odd difference between what he saw back on earth, it looked similar to a black hawk instead of the old ww2 military transport copters or the modern civilian helicopters.

he decided to ignore the helicopter for now but kept his alert against it even though it was just a news helicopter.

hoping from roof to roof he then found himself in the middle of the gunfight.

exactly 67 police officers were seen along with 45 thugs with his target Drakon. 

he saw the huge difference as to why the police has not taken the thugs down yet... the difference was firepower, even with numbers you cannot win against a well equipped foe, the police officers only had small fire arms like 9mm long barreled revolvers, IWI Masada 9mm 4.1in 17rd semi-automatic pistols, Colt Model 1911 US Army semi-automatic pistols as well as Glock 17 9mm handguns.

while the thugs one the other hand have all sorts of small firearms and medium firearms like rifles, shotguns, automatic machineguns, heavy machineguns, and nearly every gun on the black market.

the police were outmatched by the well equipped thugs, but even well equipped foes can be beaten by the skilled.

Shize decided to wait a little longer and waited until Drakon and the thugs were forced to withdraw to the nearby abandoned storehouse.

and once again to his dumb luck they did.

the thugs withdrew to the storehouse where they were about to make their stand.

the police, along with their new 42 SWAT back up immediately surrounded the storehouse, thugs protected each entrance of the building and waited... Shize on the other hand also waited until nightfall.

the the sun slowly set, it was now night-time.

Night-Time.

( uh oh...)

the full moon slowly rises as an Assassin quickly moves to his target.

Shize climbed down from the building and slowly made his way to the blockade, since the entire storehouse is surrounded he simply thought of an idea... the area that the police covered was too large even for the police force, but Shize thought of another way in.

the small river located to the east of the storehouse was very small but enough to hide a few dozen people under the water.

Shize then approached the river and once he arrived he first hid his bag inside a tree where no one could find it, even thought the bag was water proof he did not want the unnecessary weight.

he took a few clips from the bag before deciding to dive in the river, he inserted the pistol and ammunition on separate plastic bags each bag containing 10 clips and he had 2 plastic bags containing them, once he was finished preparing he dive headfirst into the river and swim below the water line where he could not be seen by the police.

after a few minutes he finally arrived at the storehouse... he then took out his silenced pistol and prepared to infiltrate the storehouse.

he surveyed the surroundings of the building, on the outside it was guarded by 37 patrolling thugs and the rest were inside, since time was on his side he waited until there was a gap between the patrols and once there was, he immediately took the chance and finally went inside the relatively large building.

once he entered the storehouse he found Drakon sitting next to a table along with some other thugs... he went to the darkest corner of the room where he could make his entrance.

Drakon was seen talking with the other thugs and looked tense.

out from the shadows Shize finally made his entrance and spoke with Drakon.

Shize: hello mister Drakon.

the thugs readied their guns while Drakon panicked a little and knew that if the Assassin was here it could only mean one thing.

Drakon slowly turned to Shize and then spoke.

Drakon: I assume you are here for my head?

Shize chuckled and soon began his cosplay acting skills.

Shize: on the contrary mister Drakon I am here for sir Reignam.

Drakon sighed in relief and silently told his subordinates to lower their weapons.

Drakon: then... I am afraid I cannot tell you.

Shize: hmm?

Drakon: please, have a seat... we shall discuss this.

Shize accepted Drakon's hospitality and sat across the table.

Drakon: mister Reignam is no longer under my custody I'm afraid.

Shize: hmm? could you explain?

Drakon: well... we were ambushed by some tech company under Jennefer Verse, the CEO of Taiyo Industries.

(I don't know if this is some Japanese Company's name or something?)

Shize: could you at least tell me where her building is located?

Drakon: well...

Drakon became really sweaty after he thought of how to bargain his way out of this mess.

Drakon: if you could find a way for us to escape here, I would tell you.

after a few seconds of silence Drakon began to panic, thinking that the Assassin will pull out a gun and start massacring them.

and thanks to Shize's mindset they did not get massacred.

Shize: its a deal mister Drakon.

Drakon sighed in relief as he quickly nodded.

Shize: there's a river a few feet from here, if you stay under the water you may be able to escape with everyone here.

Drakon smiled and nodded once again and fulfilled his end of the bargain.

Drakon: well... Jennefer is located at her northern building along with your target, be careful it is heavily guarded by ex-military contractors and state of the art security, I do not know what its weakness is, I'm sorry.

Shize: sigh... well, that concludes our bargain, until our next contract, sir Drakon.

Shize extended his hand to Drakon for a handshake and Drakon kindly accepted it.

Shize soon left the same way he came along with Drakon and a few others... once they were out of sight they went their separate ways, Shize went to find his target while Drakon returned to thug life.

after locating Jennefer's northern building, he took out sniper rifle parts and slowly assembled it... once he was finished he positioned the sniper rifle and and searched for where Jennefer's office was located among the 126 floors of the building.

after a while of searching for Jennefer's office he finally found it... it was on the 98th floor of the building, he surveyed the floor from the sniper scope like an assassin preparing for the kill and searched for any escape routes.

many guards were seen patrolling the five floors above and below, hundreds were seen on each floor... and the roof was heavily guarded by the ex-military contractors, although there were only thirty one of them they were highly skilled compared to the bodyguards below.

he searched the lower floors to only find that ordinary security guards and office workers worked from floor 93 and below... the security was also pretty weak on those floors, but he soon realized that there were only four elevators and four stairs on each corner of the building.

the building was a death trap to any normal Assassin, but to Shize the answer was simple... just glide, a gliding suit was all he needed to escape if he needed to... so there was nothing that bothered him, and even if that did not work he could simply do it the old fashion way, kill everyone.

the floor where Jennefer was located was also not far from the helipad above, but the problem was the ex-military contractors, it was either he fight his way up, or fight his way down, either way was a hard path to choose.

Shize was thrown into a deep thought, but after consideration he finally decided to go on with the mission.

then its decided Shize thought to himself, he soon prepared all that he needed for the mission and double checked if he missed anything, he had every tool in his arsenal from gadgets, knives, daggers, grenades, smoke bombs, explosives, small firearms as well as medium to heavy firearms.

Shize stood up and prepared to depart for the mission.

Shize: let the mission... BEGIN.

 

 

I just realized, I could do 3000 words per day if I was not interrupted by my studies or chores or if only I would wake up early.

 

 

 

 

2