Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 4/10
72 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

Sen wakes up as he sees the others already awake with the sunlight coming from the cracks of the roof of the assembly hall blocking his vision before his eyes became adjusted to the environment, he slowly got up from the couch as Kevin notices him and walks towards him with a smile on his face.

Kevin: hey boss, we are heading out in a few hours, pack your stuff.

Sen: alright...

Sen took his M16 as he followed Kevin as they both walked towards Preston and Felisha who were waiting for him, once they arrived Kevin walked away back to him teammates as Preston greeted Sen.

Preston: your awake, good, lets head out.

Sen: alright...

Sen walked with Preston and Felisha along with their teams as they walked out the assembly hall as they passed many rooms and turned many corners, while walking Preston looked at Sen and wondered why he was so quiet as he asked him what was wrong before looking back in front of him.

Preston: what's wrong? are you depressed or something? your awfully quiet.

Sen: nothing... something just feels wrong...

as they walked through the hall Sen heard multiple helicopters approaching as he turns his head to find four helicopters passed them as they walked, Preston chuckled as he continued to speak while Sen soon turned to him and listened.

Preston: well... whatever it is, it better be just you.

Felisha: have you calmed down?

Sen: yes, I tend to not take anything personally.

Felisha smiled as she placed her hand on Sen's shoulder before removing her hand on his shoulder.

Felisha: welcome back to the light then.

Sen: the light?

they passed many hallways as they turned many corners while Felisha continued talking.

Felisha: to put it simply, welcome to the brighter side of life.

Sen: sigh... thank you then.

they finally walked out of the building as four military transport helicopters waited outside as the heat coming from the sun immediately showered them in a hot temperature at 27 degrees Fahrenheit.

they all stopped at the city square as Preston looked at them and spoke while the moving blades on top made a chopping noise as it made dust fly everywhere.

Preston: well people! we will be splitting up! the leaders will be with me and the rest of you will be on the other helicopters! any questions!?

everyone else stayed silent as Preston continued speaking.

Preston: Zero-Team will be on the second helicopter! Scorpion-Team will be on the third! while Iron-Will will be on the fourth! we will be on the first helicopter! lets move!

everyone nodded as each of the teams entered their designated helicopters as Sen and Preston along with Felisha entered their helicopter and wore the helmets placed on their seats, once they were inside, the first helicopter pilot nodded to the second pilot as the helicopter took off while the rest followed from behind as they formed a line.

the helicopters rose in altitude as it rose above two hundred feet and flew towards their destination.

the helicopter flew above hundreds of buildings as Sen looked down to see civilians below looking in awe as the helicopter flew above them with incredible speed as it finally left the city in a matter of minutes as he looked towards the desert ahead, Preston looked at Sen who was looking into the distance as he smirked and spoke to him with his arms crossed.

Preston: sight seeing Zero-One?

Sen responded without looking at Preston as he looked at the distance.

Sen: not at all S-Seven, is there some sort of new threat that I am supposed to be aware of?

Preston: what do you mean?

Sen: the rebels... 

Preston: what about them?

Felisha understood what Sen meant as she joined the conversation between Sen and Preston.

Felisha: they were equipped with heavy armaments and had military grade weapons and armor, similar to yours but older.

Preston: well... you remember when I told you both that there is a cartel that funded these rebels?

Felisha: yes?

Preston: well they are the one's that have these military grade weapons, I don't know who is their leader is but I sure know that he isn't the type to cower in fear, and he isn't an easy target either.

Sen: what makes you say that?

Preston: they are equipped with the more advanced weapons, not like the older models that the rebels have, and these thugs are all equipped with body armor, and also hundreds of ammunition.

the helicopter neared its destination as Sen saw a city nearly one third the side of the city before, this time it is filled with sky scrapers and towering buildings and nearly covered in smoke.

Preston: we can discuss this later, looks like we're here...

the helicopters entered the city as they all soon came under fire by high caliber machine guns and AP rounds coming from anti air emplacements scattered around the city.

Preston: its gonna get bumpy!

Preston and Felisha gripped their seats while Sen just sat there as the helicopter made evasive maneuvers from the incoming fire from the rebels below and within the buildings around them, and the anti air emplacements on the roofs of buildings.

after a few minutes of getting fired at by rebel forces, Preston looked at the rebel with a missile launcher as the rebel pulled the trigger causing the missile to fly towards the helicopter.

Preston: damn! heat seeking missile!

the missile hit the back of the helicopter causing Sen to fall off from his seat and crash inside a nearby building on the 59th floor while the helicopter kept spinning until it crashed on another building very far away from where Sen landed.

the rest of the helicopters also crashed on the same building as the first one but on different floors.

after three minutes the three teams and their leaders except along with their pilots soon wake up as they searched their surroundings and readied their guns for anything, after just two minutes they all came under fire by rebel forces as they fought their way through towards the bottom after gathering all the guns stored inside their helicopters.

once they arrived at the bottom Ken and Tess walked towards Preston as they wondered where is Sen

Ken: where's Zero-One? where is he!?

Spoiler

ten minutes ago...

Sen wakes up on to find himself on a pile of dead bodies as he soon got up and grabbed his gun.

Sen gripped his M16 to find if there is any rebels that actually found him but after a few minutes none came, he looked around to find nothing but dead bodies and destroyed tables and chairs as he slowly walked down the large pile of corpses.

Sen: well... crap...

Sen looks down to find out that these dead bodies were actually police officers but no civilians among them.

Sen sighs as he walks off the pile of dead bodies and walked towards a nearby office chair as he sat there checking his body for any damages, but to his surprise there was none, he got up from the chair as he looks around the room he was in.

after looking around Sen looks at the double doors that had a sign above it that looked like stairs, he immediately walked towards the double doors as he walked down the stairs into the lower floor, Sen gripped his M16 as he checked his gun for any defects but found none before entering the 58th floor of the building, he looked around to find nothing but tuxedos and fancy dresses.

Sen smiled behind his mask before breaking the glass containing a black tuxedo and shoes before taking off his equipment, military suit, current tuxedo, gloves, shoes and mask and keeping it inside his second bag as he soon put his bags and M16 on the floor before wearing the black tuxedo, white shirt, black pants and shoes along with the silver watch that came with it, once he was finished he straightened his tie as he grabs his bags and took his M16 as he prepared to leave the building.

but before he could he found a belt that had a holster for a knife on the back and pistols on the side, he took the belt as he wore it beneath his tuxedo but above the white shirt, he looked around for any other weapons or guns he could use but found only two handguns which he put on the two holsters and a sub-machine gun to replace his current gun as he keeps his M16 in his second bag.

[collapse]

Preston: the last time I saw him he crashed on a building.

Tess: do you know at least what happened to him?

Preston: I do not know for sure, but we can bet he's still alive.

Ken: if he is lets go get him!

Ken tried walk passed Preston but he was stopped by him as he grabs Ken by the shoulder.

Preston: calm down! the streets are crawling with rebels that want to put holes in you! I know that you want to save him... we all do... but he's one tough person to kill, even for us, so why don't we all calm down, and think this through.

Ken sighed as he soon calmed down and looked at Preston who smiled and let got of him.

Preston: well... like I said, he's one tough person to kill, let's get moving...

Ken and Tess nods as they followed Preston along with the others as they walked towards their destination.

two minutes ago...

Sen walked out the building with his new outfit, guns, knife and shoes but gloveless and without a mask...

he looked around for any other gloves but to his dumb luck two black gloves fell from the sky along with a white empty mask with two eye holes already carved on in.

well... I guess I'm that lucky? Sen thought to himself as he started to wear the gloves and took out the painting materials from his third bag as he started painting on the mask, the mask was painted red this time with a red trees and landscape, he waited for a few minutes for the paint to dry as he kept his painting materials back inside his third bag while he waited.

once the paint finally dried he wore the mask and began his acting skills, this time, he acted serious unlike the respectful curious assassin like before, he took out his phone from his pocket as he looks at his phone and entered his website.

this time, Sen created a new account for the "assassins" to talk to the Contractors to differentiate between Assassins who complete Contracts and the Operator who oversees the operation.

Dark-Wishes.

Comment Platform-1

Mask-2: this is Mask-2 reporting, what is your location?

Drakon Myre: I would like to ask, who exactly is this?

Mask-2: I am Mask-2 I am the new assassin sent to complete the mission.

Drakon Myre: what happened to the old one?

Mask-2: he has been replaced.

Drakon Myre: I see then, my location is #### ### ##### ###

Mask-2: affirmative, closing in on your position.

Sen closed his phone and put it back inside his pocket as he walked towards Drakon's location while looking around for any rebels.

after a few minutes of walking through the empty streets of the destroyed city, Sen was only three hundred feet to what looks like a warehouse, Sen immediately walked towards a nearby clothing store as he hid his bags below the counter and hiding them with the rubble he found lying around.

Sen took out his phone once again from his pocket as he marked the location of where he kept his bags to not forget where they are and soon put his phone back inside his pocket as he left the clothing store and continued towards his destination.

Sen walked through many buildings as he looked ahead to see Drakon standing in front of the warehouse along with a few thugs that looked at him in fear and gripped their guns as he approached them.

Sen: are you sir Drakon Myre?

Drakon smirked as he looked at Sen and responded.

Drakon: are you Mask-Two?

Sen: affirmative.

Drakon: well... its unfortunate that sir assassin is not around anymore, I hoped that I will be meeting him, but instead he was replaced by a more heartless... coldblooded killer...

Drakon raised his hand as the entrance to the warehouse opened showing thousands of more thugs all armed with heavy machine guns and wearing body armor from head to toe before lowing his hand down.

Drakon: come! I shall brief you of your mission.

Sen nods as he follows Drakon inside the warehouse.

while walking Sen sees hundreds of captive soldiers inside cages and a hundred more dead, he looks back at Drakon as they approached a table with a few high ranking thugs and rebels.

Drakon: here he is my friends! the solution to all our problems!

a rebel with an officers uniform looked at Drakon as he smacks the table and grits his teeth.

???: you hired an assassin to deal with this problem!? you wasted all your money! on a single person!?

Drakon looked at the rebel officer as he smirks at him causing the officer to look at him in confusion.

Drakon: remember Taiyo Industries? that was the original assassin that I hired.

the high ranking thugs and rebels looked at Sen in fear as Drakon continued to speak.

Drakon: however he was replaced by another... far more deadly assassin, I assure you, he will get the job done... and if we were his targets, none of us would be standing here with our heads attached to our necks...

the the high ranking thugs and rebels all gulped as Drakon looked at Sen and raising his hand to signal a thug to give him something before lowering his hand down as a thug gave Sen a map and soon left.

Drakon: we need you to protect this place from the mercenaries that the military hired, I heard that Zero-Team's leader is a dangerous person, but I have no doubt that you can complete it.

but before Drakon could speak any further the roof of the warehouse exploded as small rubble fell down showing jets passing by as the light from the sun entered the warehouse.

Drakon took out a pistol from his pocket as he walked towards the entrance of the building along with Sen and hundreds of other thugs and rebels with all their guns ready as they soon left the building.

once they were outside the warehouse they were greeted by a scene of thugs and rebels fighting of a team of military soldiers as tanks are seen off in the distance approaching the warehouse along with hundreds of soldiers, Drakon smirked as he was approached by a rebel who looked exhausted as he spoke to Drakon.

Rebel: sir! we're found!

Drakon: yes I know that.

Rebel: what are your orders? what do we do?

Drakon looked at Sen before looking back at the rebel who was nearly panicking.

Drakon: Mask-Two was it?

Sen: yes sir.

Drakon: please deal with this mess...

Sen: very well sir.

Sen walked forward as he picked up an AK-74 on the ground and took a vest full of ammunition on a nearby table as he wore them and started shooting the hostile military soldiers on the head with only a single shot while the rebels and thugs watched as Sen gained more ground and got closer to the soldiers.

Drakon: well!? what are you all waiting for!? support him!!!

the rebels and thugs approached Sen as they soon eliminated every soldier in sight, the tanks from before soon arrived as they started shooting explosive rounds at the rebels and thugs beside Sen.

Sen looked around and found an missile launcher next to a corpse of a soldier next to a car as he quickly grabs it and aims it at the approaching tanks, he soon realized that the missile launcher was laser guided and soon aimed it at the first tank he saw as he fired the missile launcher.

the missile moved towards its target at high speeds as it penetrated the armor of the tank causing it to explode and killing the other soldiers around it and damaging the ground below.

Sen quickly reloaded the missile launcher but before he could even look at the approaching tanks he came under fire by enemy snipers causing him to take the remaining ammunition and hide behind the car.

Sen looked around for any other ranged weapon he could find but to his dumb luck an cowardly rebel sniper was holding it in his hands while looking at him as he grabs it and aims it at the enemy snipers, he took out the sniper one by one even under heavy fire, once the snipers were eliminated he gave back the sniper rifle back to the sniper as he took the missile launcher and aimed it at the other tanks that were approaching.

as he aimed the missile launcher at the tanks he found out there were actually just four of them, and once he aligned the laser on the second tank he found out that the driver soldier sticking his head out was actually Lieutenant Jenson as he hesitated.

he soon regained his composure as he shot the third tank instead causing Jenson look behind him and grit his teeth in anger before looking back at the front of the tank while Sen watched all this from afar, Sen quickly reloaded the missile launcher and shot the fourth one as the last tank finally got near to him.

Sen quickly reloaded the missile launcher and shot the last tank, this time he aimed for the bottom where the armor was tougher causing the tank to be disabled, Sen quickly let go of the missile launcher and grabbed the AK-74 and ran towards the tank as he shot the soldiers in front of him while Jenson soon got out of the tank along with his crew as he turned towards the lone approaching masked man in a tuxedo as he watched him kill his soldiers with only a single shot.

Sen soon shot Jenson on the chest as he quickly reloads his gun and shot the rest of Jenson's crew in the chest as they all dropped to the ground sparing them a quick death, Sen quickly shot them on the shoulders but missing the bones as the rebels and thugs soon caught up to him as they approached him.

the radio within the vest he was carrying suddenly came to life as Drakon spoke from the radio.

Drakon: well done Mask-Two, they will take care of the rest, come back to the warehouse, its time for me to brag about how it was worth it to hire you.

Sen turned and walked towards the warehouse as the rebels and thugs soon knocked Jenson and his crew while Sen approached Drakon who was waiting for him outside the warehouse.

Drakon: well done, come... your mission is just beginning...

Sen nods as he followed Drakon inside the ware house with all the captive soldiers looking at him with fear as he passed by them and approached the table with Drakon.

Sen looked at the gun's reflection in his hands to find out his mask was covered in blood as he slowly looked back up and lowered his gun as he listened to Drakon bragging about how he was right.

Sen's ears soon heard nothing but his vision was still clear, behind the high ranking thugs and rebels was a mirror that reflected his reflection, he looked at the mirror to see himself covered in blood from head to waist and hands.

after a few minutes Sen soon realized that he was spacing out and finally calmed himself as his hearing became clearer, just in time Drakon was finished talking as the high ranking thugs and some of the rebels walked away leaving only him, Drakon and two other high ranking rebel officers.

Sen soon walked towards the captive soldiers in chains as Drakon looks back to look at him before looking back at the other two high ranking rebels as Sen approached the captive soldiers.

he looked at each one of each one of them until he reached Jenson who looked at him in anger, Sen noticed this and grabbed the female soldier next to Jenson as Sen put her in front of and aimed his gun directly at her head while she quietly cried while Jenson pleaded for him to let her go.

Jenson: what the hell!? let her go!

Drakon heard the commotion and looked behind him as he watched.

Sen looked at the female soldier that he grabbed while the rebels and thugs around him laughed at Jenson and the other soldier as they mocked them behind their breaths.

Sen noticed something on the left pocket of the female soldier as he took out whatever was inside her pocket, to his surprise he found a picture of Nelson in a military uniform with other people he doesn't even know.

Sen looked at the female soldier as he asks her who this person is on the picture as he points at Nelson.

Sen: who is this?

Jenson: don't tell him!

Sen: tell me... who is this?

the female soldier stayed silent as Sen waited for a response, after a minute of waiting he had enough as he gripped then aimed his AK-74 at a random solder and shot him on the chest as the soldier soon groaned in pain.

Sen soon showed the picture back to the female soldier as he repeated the question to her.

Sen: who is this?

Jenson: damn it...

the female soldier first hesitated but after twenty seconds she spoke.

Jeremiah: I don't know...

Sen: hmm...

Sen stayed silent as he aims his AK-74 at the same soldier again, but this time it was at the head as he looks at Jeremiah.

Sen: who is this?

Jenson: don't say it...

Jeremiah: he's Nelson of Military Intelligence Division... he's an agent for both the military and the government, he's code name is MID-Two...

Jenson: damn it...

Sen put the picture back in Jeremiah's pocket as he slowly walked behind her and shot her in the stomach three times but without hitting the organs as she dropped to the ground bleeding and unconscious.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Jenson: damn you bastard! Ill kill you!!!

Sen had enough of Jenson as he shot him two times in the stomach and also not hitting the organs to prevent killing him, but just enough to wake up after an hour, as the thugs and rebels around them watched.

Bang! Bang!

Jenson fell silent as he dropped to the ground unconscious and lifeless, Sen reloaded his gun as he looked at the rebels and thugs next to him and told them to dispose of the bodies.

the thugs and rebels nodded as they dragged the bodies out the warehouse and threw them on the side of the street just a few feet away from the warehouse while Sen soon walked towards Drakon who looked at him as he approached him.

Sen: until when doe's this shipment finish?

Drakon: tomorrow night, the rebels will stay within the city while me and my men leave this accursed city, why do you ask?

Sen: to know...

Drakon: if you say so.

Drakon soon walked outside as he stopped and looked at Sen before walking outside the warehouse and walking toward the building behind the warehouse and entered the building.

Drakon: you should get some rest, you might need it...

Sen nods as he looked around the warehouse before walking outside and looking at the warehouse from the outside, Sen looked around and found a ladder that lead up to the roof of the building, he walked towards the ladder as he soon climbed it and arrived at the roof.

Sen looked around to find nothing but the hole one the roof of the building, however after a second time of looking around he found a place to sleep as he looks at a couch under a large wooden makeshift roof as he walked towards it and soon sat on it while  he placed his AK-74 next to him.

Spoiler

Preston and the others sat inside a nearly dark room with the only light source being the candles placed on the tables around the room with some of them having in a sad mood, most of them were from Zero-Team, Felisha and Kaleb.

Kevin sighed as he looked towards Preston who was also in a sad mood as he asks if Sen was still alive.

Kevin: hey... is he really still alive? its been a day.

Preston sighs as he turns to Kevin and responds to his question.

Preston: to be honest... I don't know anymore...

Wellman: he will live.

they turn to Wellman as he continued to speak.

Wellman: he will live, that I am certain.

Kevin: how can you be sure?

Wellman: he survived on his own before, why not now? he is at his best when he is hidden.

Kevin: what make's you say that?

Wellman: I experienced it first hand...

they chuckled for a while and after a few more minutes of talking it soon became darker as the day soon became night.

Night-Time.

after a few more minutes of silence they became even more depressed as their hope of Sen being alive became even less as time passed by.

after two more minutes they nearly fell asleep, but after a second when they all fell asleep they were woken up by a loud static coming from their radios as Sen spoke from the other side.

Sen: this- Zero-One... does any- copy? does any- hear me? I repeat... is anyone there?

the static was cutting some of the words coming from the radio but the message was clear, their mood became brighter as they woke up while Preston smiled and slowly reached for his radio as he soon answered.

Preston: this is S-Seven, Zero-One... I copy...

[collapse]

Sen looked at the distance where the Sun soon set as it was soon replaced by the moon who was rising on the other side of the planet as he watched the day become night in a matter of minutes.

Night-Time.

Sen watched as stars littered the sky and the moonlight made the night less darker, he looked at the nearly silent city from the morning that was always loud and filled with gunshots to a night dead silent and nearly dark and empty city filled with twice the dead bodies than before.

Sen took the radio on his vest as he tried to contact Preston as he searched for the frequency of his radio, after a few minutes of static he finally connected through as he pressed the button on the radio and spoke.

Sen: this is Zero-One... does anyone copy? does anyone hear me? I repeat... is anyone there?

after a few second of waiting there was a reply, it was Preston.

Preston: this is S-Seven, Zero-One... I copy...

Sen became even more tired as he remembered what he did to the soldiers that he mercilessly killed before, but then again if he did not kill them first he would have died instead.

he breathed a heavy sigh as he gripped the radio a bit harder as he replied to Preston.

Sen: what is your location?

Preston: were inside one of the buildings, we don't know where exactly we are, but we're close on what looks to be a warehouse, its closely guarded by rebel forces, and heavily armed thugs.

Sen knew what Preston meant as he lessens his grip on the radio and relaxed as he soon responded.

Sen: I do not know my exact location, however I will try to find my way towards the warehouse you mentioned.

Preston: I do not think that is a good idea.

Sen: I can take care of myself, you should be concerned for yourself and your team, I will make my way to the warehouse, and you will give me a bonus.

Preston: hehe, you bet I will... that is, if, you can reach it before we do.

Sen: you can bet I will reach it... I need sleep...

Preston: alright, good night then, I'm also tired... we all are.

Sen: goodbye S-Seven...

Preston: to you as well Zero-One, over and out...

Sen removed his grip from the radio as he looked at the night sky once more.

Sen noticed a three drones ahead flying above the clouds but Sen was able see them because he had better vision and also because they were the only moving dots in the sky apart from the birds that flew below the clouds but were much, much more clearer to see.

the drones slowly fade away from view as they went in another direction and disappeared into the night sky, Sen checked his surroundings for anything unusual for a minute before taking what looks like a bedsheet lying next to him on the couch and covered himself with it.

he sighed as he rests his back on the couch and relaxed himself, Sen slowly closed his eyes as the silence was all he needed to take himself away from the horrors of the terrible battles that he fought and witnessed first hand as he soon fell asleep and mentally prepared himself for a new day that's about to come.

Spoiler

Jenson wakes up in the middle of the night as he looks around to find himself along with hundreds of other bodies, he looked around to see nothing but corpses of dead soldiers as he slowly lifts himself up from the ground.

once he got on his knee he searched his surroundings for Jeremiah and soon found her among the corpses ahead of him, he slowly lifts himself up again as he slowly walked towards her barely maintaining his balance as he approached her.

he slowly tried to wake her up as he kept moving her left and right.

Jenson: wake up damn it...

Jeremiah slowly woke up as he vision soon became clear, she looked at Jenson as he smiled at her before looking at both their wounds

Jenson: don't worry, Ill get us both out of here...

Jeremiah smiled as Jenson sat next to her and soon slept to regain their energy, not knowing that they will be soon caught by the same person, that made them this way in the first place.

[collapse]

 

 

0