Chapter-7 Burning Deserts… 10/10
26 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day-Time.

just 7 hours after they slept Sen was awoken by the constant shaking by Bishop, he slowly opened his eyes as his mind slowly woke up, he turned to face Bishop who was beside him as he stops shaking Sen.

Bishop: your awake, good, it seems fortune favors us... look...

Sen got up and looked at the base behind him along with Bishop as he soon explains.

Bishop: it appears that they encountered a major malfunction, their defenses appear to have been compromised... not long before I woke you up a small explosion seemed to have damaged their systems.

Sen watched as the soldiers inside the base ran around like panicked chickens, sparks seem to appear in every part of the base every second while other soldiers seemed to try and fix the offline turrets as Bishop continues.

Bishop: this might be our only chance to sneak in, I suggest we make our move now, we might not get a second chance later... but, the choice is yours to make... well? what is your decision?

Sen gave it some thought for a while as half a minute quickly passes, he reviewed the possibilities of this risk and came to an conclusion, he nods as he decided to take the chance given to him.

Bishop: very well then, lets be off now...

Sen nods as he jumps off the ship along with Bishop and into the icy ground below.

Sen then gripped his M16 with both hands as he made his way through the snowy terrain followed by Bishop who was not far behind carefully avoiding the soldiers that patrolled the area around them.

Bishop watched Sen's back as they soon arrived at the massive gate that prevented them access from the base, the two story walls though tall had a small little defect.

it had a design that Sen and Bishop could just climb on, similar to a ladder.

well... aren't I lucky? they should have went for the smooth design, this defeats the purpose of preventing intruders from entering, Sen thought to himself as he began to climb the wall while Bishop watched their backs.

once Sen was on top of the wall he looked around him to find no guards whatsoever, convenient as it is Sen was suspicious about it but then turned to face Bishop who was nearly at the top and lent a hand.

Bishop: did you find anything interesting?

Sen shakes his head as Bishop grabbed on to his hand as he lifts him up.

once Bishop was on top of the wall he gave a signal to Sen by nodding as they both jumped down into the base, once inside they looked around to check their surroundings as they tried to find a safe spot to hide.

they then hid themselves amongst the dark containers placed behind the dome like structures.

Bishop: well... it seems that we have this place all to ourselves, should we walk in undetected? the soldiers outside might provide us some trouble if we get spotted.

huh... I guess we kill them then... Sen thought to himself as he turned to face Bishop as he moved his thumb from right to left below his neck indicating that he wants to kill every soldier outside first.

Bishop: understood... I shall assist you, but please remember what I told you before.

Sen nods as he walked out from the shadows and into the light while switching from his M16 to his machete as he started to kill every soldier in sight one by one without even leaving any blood traces.

Bishop: I guess I should do my part.

Bishop took out his sword as he vanished into smoke then suddenly appearing behind every soldier and killing them quickly and efficiently while also not leaving any trace of a fight or any trace of a struggle.

after a few minutes the base was cleared of any soldiers, the bodies were hidden from sight and no trace of blood was seen, Sen and Bishop then gathered in the middle of the base as they regrouped.

Bishop: seeing that you are here I assume you are done with your part?

Sen nods as they soon turn to face the double iron doors beside them.

the iron doors were attached on the ice, it seemed to be the only door that led inside the ice, both Sen and Bishop were cautious, they then looked at each other before walking towards the double doors.

the doors suddenly open the moment they got near, but it did not shock both of them because automatic doors were a thing that people use and commonly enter through when in malls or shopping centers.

the double doors opened to reveal a long hallway that led to another set of double doors, Bishop and Sen then walked inside with their weapons in hand as they soon reached the double doors on the other side of the hallway.

they both gripped their weapons tightly as they prepared themselves to breach the double doors since it did not automatically open for them when they both stood next to the double doors.

Bishop: are you ready?

Bishop turned to face Sen as he grips his sword.

Sen nods in response as they both turned to face the double doors that blocked their path to whatever dangers or anything that was living or maybe dead or any objects that may be inside.

Bishop: sigh... alright then, three... two... one... lets go.

Sen bashed through the door with his M16 as they both ran inside with weapons drawn.

but as they looked around there was no human in sight, rather it was only a room with wires hanging from the ceiling and burnt metal suits that seemed to look like old military heavy armor.

the dimly lit light bulbs that hang on a wire barely lit the room as the room looked incredibly old, even ancient, signs of deformation were seen everywhere, rust, dirt and dust covered the entire room.

Bishop: hmm... nothing here...

Sen looked at the heavy armor with an endo-skeleton inside, the suit of armor was so wide he could fit and large he could fit all three of his bags inside, that is if he did not wear the suit himself as he walks towards one of the three.

upon closer inspection each suit seemed to be tattered, signs of scratch marks were seen on the armor.

Bishop: those must be some sort of experimental armor, though they look tattered they seem to be capable of being functional, if we're lucky we still might be able to make use of them.

Bishop spoke as he stood behind Sen as he looks towards the suits of armor.

Sen gave Bishop's words some thought as he thinks of ways that he and Bishop might make use of the old suits of armor, that is if they still survived being left in the dust.

the glass visor reflected his shadowy form, but Sen didn't notice that as he began to remove the armor from the endoskeleton while placing parts of the suit on the floor while removing the rest.

once the armor was removed from the endoskeleton, Sen immediately wore the suit after putting his bags and his gun on the ground while Bishop also did the same by first removing the armor from the endoskeleton and soon wearing the armor, a full minute passed as they were finally finished wearing the armor as they checked their body before looking at each other.

Bishop: I must admit, it didn't even require an authentication nor an jumpstart to function, I didn't even hear any noise, or is this some sort of light weight armor?

Bishop exercises his arms testing the flexibility and mobility of the armor, surprisingly for its size and bulky like design the interior was quite spacious and comfortable, despite it being tattered and old.

Bishop: it was a good call to wear these suits sir, that said... what shall we do about the other one?

Sen looked behind him to see the last suit of armor standing there in its place seemingly without the help of an endoskeleton, as creepy as it is Sen thought of a dumb and genius idea.

Bishop: may I know what you are thinking of?

Sen grinned and grabbed his three bags as he removed the helmet of the third suit and shoved all three of his bags inside shocking Bishop in the process as he soon puts back the helmet in its place.

Bishop: I see... I guess you have no strength to carry those heavy bags...

Sen then takes his M16 from the ground as he walks towards Bishop.

Bishop: I assume you are ready to move on then?

Sen nods while Bishop nods in response as they both walked towards the hallway on the right side of the room they were in, fortunately for them however, the suits were made for close combat, but not stealth.

the sounds of metal hitting the ground echoed through the barely lit hallway.

Bishop took the lead as Sen followed him deeper and deeper into the darkness, the sparks coming from the hanging wires around them constantly lit their surroundings from time to time as they ventured further.

finally, after minutes of walking they finally found a metal door at the end of the hallway, upon further inspection there seems to be no handle, but replaced with a glass screen in its place.

Bishop: well, I guess this is it... get ready.

Sen nods as he aimed his gun at the door while Bishop slowly reached for the glass screen.

the door opens before Bishop could even touch the glass as bright light blinds them, but they were ready, they hid at the side of the door where the light wont blind them while their eyes adjusted.

Sen peeked through the door to see hundreds of soldiers in a white colored room with all sorts of guns aimed at them, this time they didn't wear military gear but wore blue colored guard uniforms.

Blue Guard-1: freeze! don't move!

Blue Guard-2: put your hands in the air!

Sen quickly returned back to the safety of the wall beside the door as he gripped his gun and prepared for a fight, he looked at Bishop to see him holding his sword tightly as he looked back at him.

Bishop: well isn't this a surprise? how about you give me some cover while I provide smoke and take out the guards at close quarters, what say you? do you agree?

Sen nods as he aimed his M16 at the first unlucky guard and starts firing.

Blue Guard-1: open fire!!! shoot them down!

a hail of bullets came rushing towards Sen and Bishop, the walls began to be filled with bullets, but after their guns ran dry the guards quickly reloaded giving Bishop the time to strike.

Bishop: well... here I go.

Bishop took a glass vial that contained a black liquid substance inside and threw it towards the guards.

the guards began couching as smoke filled the room, Sen took this chance by shooting at the guards one by one while Bishop dashed forward and took down the remaining guards at close combat.

while fighting more guards appeared on the second floor with futuristic looking weapons, Sen noticed the appearing guards and focused his attention on them as he took out the guards in the head with precision.

a moment after the guards were dead alarms started to fill the room with noise as the room started to rumble, soon the massive double doors slowly open as smoke was released into the room.

Bishop: I think we might be in trouble...

yeah... tell me something I don't know Sen thought to himself as he reloaded his gun and started looting the corpses for ammunition before walking towards Bishop as he stood beside him.

once the double doors were wide open it revealed a very long and dark hallway, footsteps echoed through the dark, the red rotating lights attached on the roof revealing a silhouette of a man or maybe woman slowly walking towards them seemingly carefree while Sen aimed his gun at the being approaching them as he waits patiently.

Bishop though calm aimed his sword towards the being approaching them with his right hand while taking out seven daggers with smoke coming out of them with the left.

while standing there Bishop and Sen stood motionless, barely showing any movements.

there was only the sound of the alarms, and the footsteps that slowly approached them.

then, after what seemed like minutes the being finally stepped into the light revealing a man in a professors coat wearing a black suit beneath, yellow eyes and white hair and an expression that screams a madman.

the man stops just 20 steps away from Bishop and Sen as he raised both his arms into an open hug, he smiles sinisterly, though nothing was behind that smile, Sen and Bishop wont buy it.

Bafomett: welcome! welcome! new guests... my name is Bafomett.

the man lowered his arms as he took two steps forward.

Bafomett: my master, or rather your captor has taken a liking to both of you... you have done well trying to breach this place but both of you wont be leaving anytime soon...

Bafomett's arms soon deformed and turned into sharp blades as he smiled again.

Bafomett: for now its goodbye, see you in your cell... hahahaha ha!!!

Bafoemett dashed forward towards the two but Sen laready had his gun pointed at him, with only two shots Sen shot off both arms of Bafomett as he fell to the ground groaning in pain below Sen's feet.

Bishop: that was... rather quick...

Bafomett quickly got up and jumped backwards a few feet away as he smiled.

Bafomett: your rather quick with your head, the smell of blood on you wasn't a lie, you reek of death.

Bafomett slowly regenerated his arms as he exercises them while looking at Sen.

Bafomett: if I were to rank you, you would be about... rank B, like the first letter of my name.

Bafomett shakes his head while looking down before looking back at Sen and smiling, he then took a few more steps back as he placed both his hands behind his head while walking backwards.

Bafomett: Ill be seeing you later, have fun with the elders...

growls were soon heard as Bafomett disappears into the darkness, then seven towering gorilla humanoid zombie like behemoths show themselves as they soon gave loud head breaking shriek before rushing towards them.

Bishop: here they come!

Sen readied his gun and aimed at the eyes of the first behemoth, he released two shots but even without eyes the beast just wont go down as it continued to rush towards them despite its bleeding eyes.

Sen with his limited arsenal of weapons thought he had no other way of killing the beasts in front of him, so he decided to switch to his machete and went for close combat.

he dashed towards the first behemoth as he jumped above it and severed the head with his machete before landing safely on the ground with the behemoth landing on the ground creating a loud thud as it hit the ground.

Bishop: well done, now for the rest.

Sen looked to his right to see Bishop standing above a headless corpse of one of the behemoths as he slowly walked off the corpse and towards Sen dragging his bloody sword on the ground.

Bishop cleans his sword by swiping it in the air removing the blood on it.

they both looked at the remaining behemoths that stood ahead of them with their mouths drooling with blood, they soon rushed towards Sen and Bishop with hunger in their eyes.

Sen threw his machete at the leading behemoth in front of them as he ran towards it and jumped above the beast taking his machete that was attached to its forehead before severing its head from its neck killing the beast as he lands on the floor, he then turned to face the second one who tried to punch but he dodged the attack with ease.

he then looked towards the second behemoth and threw his machete at one of its eyes as he ran towards it, the beast swung its hands violently at the air trying to hit something but to no avail.

Sen stood atop the behemoth and grabbed his M16 before shooting the monster at its neck, Sen reloaded his gun and jumped off the beast as it fell down before taking his machete that was stuck on one of its eye.

with his machete to his left hand and gun on the other he then faced the third behemoth.

but before Sen could even make his move Bishop threw his sword at the head of the behemoth causing it to fall down dead, Sen looked to his right to see Bishop slowly walking towards the corpse as he soon took out his sword from the head of the dead beast in front of Sen before walking towards him as he sheathed his sword.

Bishop: what? are you unhappy that I took your prey?

Sen shook his head while Bishop crossed his arms and sighed.

Bishop: ah, I see... well, shall we continue- what the?

the floor suddenly collapsed as they fell, Sen looked down to see what looked like deep water.

falling down into the deep water Sen and Bishop quickly swim above to get air as bodies soon fall down, once they reached the top they swim towards what looked like a grassy area ahead of them.

once they were in land both Bishop and Sen readied their weapons as they looked around to find themselves in a mini forest inside a massive room with nothing but a single light source at the middle.

birds chirped as water dripped from their clothes, they looked at the wall ahead of them to see massive words, letters and numbers written on the massive gate ahead of them.

Containment Area-12: Class-S Level Threat.

Next Chapter: Containment

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1