Part 1 ~ A Beautiful Morning
366 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elsprinc 13th, 799 – Morning


It's a beautiful summer morning. The sun is shining brightly and the sky is cloudless. For you, this is definitely the right time to take a walk to the beach, and play games.

Yesterday you and your friends just got a challenge from a neighboring town team to a beach volleyball match, and both sides agreed to play today. This is an important match to maintain the reputation of the youth of Ellanor city, so of course, you must win.

Though win or lose, after the match you can still relax to your heart's content, sit back and enjoy the exciting scenery. Who knows, this time you will also be lucky to meet new, beautiful and sexy girls from other cities. Seriously, who wouldn't want that?

Unfortunately, just as you are about to leave your house, a guard greets you.

And not just an ordinary guard. She's a young woman named Aiko, who is your father's bodyguard.

“Young Master [Your Name],” she says. “Your father wants you to meet him in the North Tower. Hurry up, and don't try to run away, he said."

Aiko is 29 years old. She’s 5’6" tall, has short black hair like a male soldier, slanted eyes, and white skin like most easterners. Her shirt is white with long sleeves and covered by a bronze breastplate, while her trousers are blue. On her left waist hung a sword covered by a dark brown sheath.

She has a pretty face but rarely smiles. Maybe she just smiles when your father orders her to.

She was brought here as a slave when she was 12 years old, but your father later saw her talent in using the sword and other weapons, then made her a soldier, and eventually made her his bodyguard.

She's a person who never jokes and is never interested in small talk. So you know right away, your plans fail before they even start.

But maybe you can still persuade her.

“Aiko, I have an important match this morning.”

"Meet your father first."

“He'll tell me to do stuff, and I won't be able to leave. Can you help me talk to him so he can let me leave this morning? He's always willing to listen to you."

"No."

"Perhaps you need something? I can help you." You tease her.

"No. Your father said you were going to tell me all these things, and if you still won't come, I'm allowed to beat you and drag you to your father's place."

That’s it. You give up.

Muttering, you follow Aiko. Both of you walk down the cobbled streets beside Valerin Castle to the North Tower, where your father used to run his errands and meet his subordinates or guests.

Your father, Hubert Valerin, is the Count of Ellandhar, one of the most influential noblemen in the Duchy of Arrondhein. Although Ellandhar is not the largest county in Arrondhein, its heads always have close ties to the duke’s family and have always held important positions in the court.

As of today, where one of Count Hubert's posts is Master of Buildings, whose job is to maintain important buildings throughout the duchy. If he calls you, it's usually because he's going to another city to check out the buildings’ condition there. He will be away for a few days and for that he will give you various messages and tasks that you have to do while he was away.

"You must see Sir Ezron this morning, as well as tomorrow morning and the following mornings," your father says as soon as you meet him. “There are some important new lessons you need to learn. Learn it well, do whatever Sir Ezron tells you, and don't make trouble. Do you understand?"

"Yes," you answer curtly, inwardly trying to hide your annoyance. You don't feel the need to tell your father that you have an important game this morning, because your father will surely ignore it.

This is annoying, because if you don't make it to the beach this morning, and then the game was called off, you may end up being ridiculed by your rivals for cowardice. Besides, you could also miss the chance to relax and meet new girls from other cities. Probably, that is more annoying.

You're also upset because you can already imagine how tiring and annoying the days will be starting today.

Sir Ezron is the First Knight of Ellandhar. He is an old friend and confidant of your father who serves as the troop leader in Ellandhar. And he’s your military teacher. Since you were little it was he who taught you to use the sword or the bow, and also taught you various kinds of martial arts, all of which, frankly, isn't something you really like. You'd rather read a book, play, or explore new, interesting places and relax there.

But your father always forces you. “Right now we are indeed in a state of peace, but as was the case in the past, chaos and unrest often arise at the most unexpected times, and it was the swordsmanship of your ancestors that saved their lives and allowed us to live comfortably now. Study well. You're seventeen, and you’re the one who will succeed me after your brother died. Master this quickly before you think about other things.”

Your father doesn't stop there. “Remember, we live surrounded by dangerous beasts. Those who are seen, and those that are not seen. Those who are always looking for opportunities to pull us by the feet, knock us down, then rip our throats, whenever we let our guard down. But, we are the Wolves. Stronger, braver, and smarter beasts than they are. We won't let them defeat us. We are the ones who will bite and tear them apart."

The second part of your father's message sounds terrible. You don't understand what it means and why he said it to you. Dangerous beasts? There are no beasts in this land. You know that your father is always on the alert, but he also can be paranoid at times. You are sure that your father may be overreacting. What may happen in this safe Kingdom of Merovia?

After giving his messages your father gets on his horse and sets off. He is going to the city of Tiburon in the south accompanied by Aiko and other bodyguards and is said to be there for at least three days.

This also means, three days for you to train with Sir Ezron. Hopefully, after three days Si Ezron will be satisfied with the results, then give your father a good report. After that maybe you won't have to practice swordsmanship or study military strategy again for a few weeks.

When you think about it, it's not that bad. You only need to sacrifice three days of your freedom to practice on the training ground.

But, come on, does it have to be three days?

Are two days not enough? Or maybe two and a half days?

Yeah! Why not? You don't have to start training this morning. You can start tomorrow, or maybe later in the afternoon. What’s the difference anyway? After all, you're pretty confident in your abilities. It shouldn't take long to learn new things like what Sir Ezron will give over these three days.

That way, you can still go to the beach and play that important match, then relax with your friends and meet the new girls. Once you're satisfied, you can go see Sir Ezron this afternoon and learn anything from him.

That sounds good, as long as you don't have a problem with the punishment you'll receive from your father.

Therefore, the first important decision for your life must be made.

What would you do?
  • Go to the beach to play a volleyball match Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Meet Sir Ezron and train with him Votes: 5 83.3%
Total voters: 6 · This poll was closed on Oct 7, 2021 07:51 AM.
7