Chapter 3: Dan Alastair
2.4k 5 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The old bloke, rubbing his beard, diverted his focus to the young man next to his son, who was babbling gibberish. Because a lot of things happened today, his attitude was pretty awful, thus he's sporting his usual sour look.

"Did he fall and bang his head on the stairwell? What is the point of this child's nonsense?"

"...Uhh, Master Anwir, I guess the young master is still perplexed after waking up much later than normal. I apologize for not thinking to rouse him from his stupor and bring him here." The young man responded while sweat started pouring down his forehead. The servant swallowed down the tingling saliva in his throat.

The elderly gentleman turned around and pretended not to notice, as if he was preoccupied with something more urgent.

"You can do whatever you want to after this, just take him and leave." 

“Remember to shut the door."

"Y-yes… pardon us Master Anwir!"

The young man escorted Kendrick out of the office and carefully closed the door. Kendrick saw him close it as he peered inside before the man claiming to be his father vanished from his sight.

The young man shook his head and laughed uncomfortably.

"Ah, my apologies to that young master. Master Anwir is preoccupied with a lot of things at the moment, so he came off a bit harsh back there. Regardless, you're fully aware of how much your father adores you, aren't you?

Kendrick, on the other hand, wasn't paying attention since his mind was elsewhere.

'T-that was my father..?' 

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't believe it was his father.

"May I ask as to what your name is, my loyal servant?"

"Master, are you okay?"

"I am perfectly fine. Weren't you right beside me the entire time I was resting in our garden? Now answer my question."

"Nevertheless, young master, it's still an unusual thing to ask," the young man responded uncomfortably and bemusedly to what may have happened to his master's son. 

'What could have possibly happened to his master's son?' the young man thought to himself.

"Uh… It's just, I couldn't remember your name…. Probably because I just woke up…"

The young man chuckled off his mindless rambling and put on a smile.

"Young master, that's just so like you~!"

"Can you tell me your name now?"

"...Are you sure? I'm just a lowly commoner, and nothing more than that."

"Yeah, no need to be formal."

Kendrick was becoming weirded out as well since the young man kept responding formally to him, a manner of speaking he was not familiar or comfortable with just yet. 

The young man smiled again as he opened his lips to speak,

"It is an honor to have you know my name, young master! My name is Jredd, I'm a son of a farmer!"

Kendrick was a bit baffled by what he heard.

'Farmer?'

'Are we living in a far distant province or something?'

Kendrick's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a voice and some footsteps coming from far within the hallway. It resembled those of a woman.

It was the voice of a woman he was very familiar with. He had heard this voice so many times in many events in the game and got lots of bad endings, unable to defeat the owner of the voice.

"Hey, wimpy kid! Why are you bothering Father?!"

The woman was dressed in a black gothic gown, with red eyes and blue hair. As her gaze dropped onto him, she appeared to be condescendingly looking down on everything. She had a broad grin on her face as if he were mocking him.

Her name was Alissa, a villainess, one of the opponents the main character would encounter.

Despite being enemies in the game, they became close friends towards the end. Alissa married into one of the main character's unchosen love interests and became a countess from its count home.

"Alissa..?"

Even yet, Kendrick couldn't disguise his surprise. He instantly recalled how many times he died in the game as a result of her malicious plots, and how she even tortured him to death.

Alissa frowned, unsure what he was thinking of.

"What are you staring at, wuss!? Are you trying to point your disgusting fangs at me?!"

Kendrick shifted his gaze away from her and disregarded her. He then asked Jredd a question.

“Jredd, I need to use the restroom.”

Jredd pointed to the end of the corridor.

"Go to the right young master at the end of the corridor. You should be able to find it in that location."

"Alright."

Jredd was trembling behind those grins, and Kendrick could see it. When he looked across at Alissa, she had a smile on her face. Kendrick dismissed everything as he walked to the restroom.

The lavatory was rather large. It was larger than their previous residence.

When he entered, several golden doors were leading to the toilet. It seemed as though he were in a beach resort restroom. He went to one of the stalls to pee, and when he walked outside. In front of him was a mirror. A large mirror.

Then he recognized a familiar face in the mirror.

Dan Alastair, the son of a viscount family, has eyes as black as the abyss and a lovely face with turquoise flowing hair.

Everything is finally coming together. Also, how come the home he's residing in is as large as the royal family's? It was due to...

"Wait, I have reincarnated into that game wor-...?"

Kendrick's face furrowed in surprise.

It's no surprise he couldn't find his parents or that the old man with the beard he encountered wasn't his father.

Kendrick hastily exited the restroom. He couldn't find Jredd or Alissa in the corridor.

So he decided to have a look around.

And when he ended up going around corners, he witnessed something he shouldn't have ever seen.

Alissa was dominating Jredd when she mounted him. Kendrick quickly covered his eyes and looked to the side. He could still see the sorrowful expression on the previously joyful young man's face.

Kendrick couldn't help but mutter alongside him. Only he could hear what he said since his voice was so low.

"...That's right... It was this horrible otome world I'm in right now...."

His brows were trembling significantly.

61