Birth
150 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the forest a figure was darting through the trees chasing after a herd of four-eyed deer. The leader of the deer turned around and from his antlers a burst of electricity shot out towards the figure. However the figure nimbly maneuvered out of the way and the burst destroyed a branch behind the figure. The figure then landed on another branch before shooting forward off of it, leaving behind a destroyed branch and faint golden particles. The next thing to follow was the death of a member of the herd as a golden slash appeared and cut them in half down the middle starting from their head. 

Seeing this, the leader became angry and completely stopped in his tracks. His antlers gave off a blue aura that was increasing in power. The figure’s hair began to float warning him of the incoming attack. And on cue the leader released a thick blast of lightning whose speed was far greater compared to the previous shot. The figure hurriedly brought his arms in front of his chest in the shape of an X and began releasing a golden aura. Unfortunately, the aura didn’t have the time to solidify before the lightning hit him, paralyzing him on the spot and causing him to fall over. The leader took this chance to run away with his herd. 

Some time passed before the small figure shakily stood up with his lean but athletic figure, his gold tinted eyes zeroing in on the spot where the leader once was. Determination flashed in them and an even greater aura emerged, this time however it was concentrated around his legs and feet. 

Feeling the power in his legs, the figure leaped towards the tree staying on it for only a few milliseconds before immediately leaping again creating the image of a golden flash jumping between trees. Soon the herd came back into sight but his eyes were only focused on the leader. The leader had also at this point already noticed the figure’s appearance. 

He was getting ready to retry the same tactic when an abrupt “Boom!” sounded and his vision was suddenly all gold. As the gold faded, it was slowly replaced by the redness of blood. The leader was reflecting on why he was on the ground and unable to look at his body when he noticed out of the corner of his vision his body lying on the ground, dead, and standing in front of it was a figure whose legs and arms were clad in a frightening golden aura. The leader didn't even have time to reflect on what else had happened as he promptly died there and then. 

Having lost their leader the herd panicked and split up in all directions. The figure simply couldn’t be bothered to go after them all, so he simply manifested swords made of the aura from his wrists and slaughtered all the deer in his vicinity. Letting out a sigh, he went to pick up the deer leader and his head then proceeded to gather all the other deer. When he came back to the first deer he had killed he manifested a slight golden aura around his entire body and then hauled the carcass. 

This figure was indeed the boy. A year had passed and in that time he had not only grown but also learned how to better control the golden power in his body. He had learned how to set forth the golden aura from when the power had first appeared. He’d figured out that by expressing the aura on his body or parts of it he could strengthen the strength, durability and speed of that area. The boy had even just recently discovered the method of imbuing objects in close contact to his body with the aura which gave birth to the aura ‘blade’. 

When he had found out that his aura could be infused into the leather that he wore he had tried it out with a small sharpened bone. He was surprised to find that it worked, afterwards he attached two of those to each gauntlet just like he had done with the fangs to make the aura ‘blade’. In fact, as he grew the boy obviously modified and enlarged the armor that he wore. The recent additions to his armor consisted of a few layers of deer skin on his torso as well as more snake skin on his gauntlets. All in all, the boy now truly had the appearance of a savage that has been living in the forest for a while. 

In the cave the boy took off his wolf leather boots which were now completely burnt due to the lightning attack courtesy of the deer leader. The burnt smell wafted through the air and rapidly filled the entirety of the cave. “Well it was about time for me to change them anyway” the boy muttered trying to justify their destruction. Taking a look around, the cave had changed since a year ago. There were presently animal skin mats and fur blankets to replace the plant based ones. The walls of the cave portrayed a few skulls of various animals, the most notable of which perhaps being the large skull of a boar. 

Finally, his eyes rested on the egg that was still in the same spot. Since that initial crack there hadn’t been any new changes and even after a whole year the egg remained there not changing or moving at all. The young boy was at a loss and he began worrying if it might have been his fault. Every day he would typically take the egg and properly clean it in the local river; however he was now distressed that doing such a thing had perhaps prevented the egg. After all, between the powerful monsters and the supernatural powers that he could harness, the boy had long figured out that this was most likely not the same world from his memories. Who knew if an egg dearly needed to avoid water to be able to hatch. 

In short, he had no clue on how to hatch the egg and he was also wondering whether or not he wanted to hatch it. After all, what if what appeared was a powerful beast. Through his newfound abilities he was able to better deal with the beasts in the forest but after his previous encounter with a strong monster he had become much more prudent and would carefully observe his target to find out their level of strength before attacking. 

“Hah, so fucking confusing” he fell on his bed and looked back towards the egg “Well even if you don’t hatch I can still take care of you I guess” with those words his consciousness slowly began to drift off. 

Crack! 

However, a sudden sound immediately woke him up and caused his eyes to snap open. Hurriedly getting up and turning around as hope welled up in his heart he saw the egg which had stayed the same for an entire year, the egg which had caused him so much worry and panic but also the egg which had accompanied him since he had come to this forest now had a large crack through its middle. 

He quickly got close to and knelt near it. More and more visible cracks appeared on the egg until the egg was adequately covered in them forming a web-like pattern on it. And then, the long-awaited moment came as a minute piece of the egg collapsed on itself forming a hole. Curious, the boy was prepared to cautiously look in but before he could a glaring golden light erupted from inside the egg instantly destroying the egg and roof of the cave. 

As if it was eagerly trying to reach the Heavens the light continued to climb up until it reached the clouds. Upon touching the cloud, it was dyed brilliant gold and just like an infectious virus the gold spread and conquered the entire sky transforming the originally pitch-black night into a golden sea of light. This phenomenon spread for hundreds of kilometers around bathing nearly the entire forest in its luminous glow. 

Under its dazzling light the grand trees grew taller and majestic hymns emanated from their bark. The savage beasts gained intelligence, the monsters grew and became stronger and deep within the depths of a cave at the center of the forest a few pairs of red eyes opened as a large beast emerged out into the golden light. As the gentle light fell on his coarse brown fur, he managed to promptly break through his limit which had restrained him for so long. Enjoying this incredible sensation the beast as well as all of the creatures within the forest bowed towards the golden sky. Yet even after covering the entire forest the golden sky did not stop and continued to progressively expand reaching beyond the forest and into civilized lands.

Somewhere far away and through countless spatial planes, on a mountain range, inside a certain grand palace on a practically vacant and isolated mountain. An old man in pristine jade green clothes slowly opened his weary eyes, therefore revealing a noble pair of green eyes which despite their age contained a glint of sharpness and wisdom. 

He rotated his head to the side as his steadfast gaze seemed to pass through the many walls and  dimensions and look at a specific area where a golden sky was rapidly expanding. “The Heaven’s congratulations” the elder’s lips parted as a majestic and commanding voice resounded in the room slightly shaking its walls and even the elder’s indifferent eyes slightly widened in surprise. In the next instant his figure miraculously disappeared. 

Back in the cave, the dazzling beam of light from the egg had finally disappeared, but the golden sky remained. Golden clouds then gathered above the cave before promptly releasing a downpour of golden rain concentrated on the hole in the roof of the cave. As the extraordinary rain hit the boy’s skin, it was eagerly absorbed into his body. His originally chestnut hair turned golden along with his eyes. His muscles enlarged and condensed before perpetuating the cycle. His bones instantly became denser and strange glowing golden runes appeared on them. His tinted blood was encompassed by a golden glow as the same happened to his heart. Numerous lines of mysterious golden letters circled around his heart until they suddenly tightened around it like complex chains around a prisoner. At this moment, the illusory image of a beating golden heart appeared above his head adding another layer of golden light to the already shining room. 

Ultimately, the gentle rain stopped and with it the golden sky phenomenon. The visible glow around the boy’s body subsided along with the image above his head, and he was left sprawled on the ground, his mind reeling from the incredible experience. However, he didn’t occupy much time to rest as a shiny golden creature came rushing over to rouse him awake.

3