Test
140 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elder flicked his hand to the side and out of nowhere, a clear transparent ball miraculously appeared in his hand. “Place your hand on the ball" the elder said. 

Chen Huang did as he was asked and placed his nervous hand onto the transparent ball. Once his skin touched the gleaming surface of the ball, Chen Huang could perceive a faint force trying to eagerly absorb something from his body. The feeling shocked him, and he was about to remove his hand when his master’s stern gaze met his. In a cold sweat, he forced his hand to remain on the ball. 

“Good”, his master nodded in apparent satisfaction at the sight. “Right now you should be feeling a faint suction force coming from the spiritual treasure, right.” Chen Huang positively affirmed the question. “Simultaneously, your body is subconsciously resisting the force therefore for the test to work you need to let the spiritual treasure’s power enter your body so that it can identify your spiritual root.” 

Chen Huang understood and tried to experience the spiritual treasure’s power again. He eventually pinpointed it, the power acted like a virus that was methodically searching for any opening to enter his body while his body was projecting a repelling force against the virus. 

Gradually, he soothed his heart and steadied his breath attempting to lower his body’s defenses. This was considerably harder than it seemed as it was the body’s subconscious defense, it was like an immune system, turning this obstacle into more of a mental one than a physical one. However, one does not spend a bit over a year living in an extensive forest of savage and vicious beasts without polishing their mind just a bit and Chen Huang was able to, for a split second, disable the repelling force before it immediately came back. Even though it was only a split second, it was enough for the searching power that had been at the very edge of the force this entire time. 

Once the power was inside his body, it squandered no time and instantly spread to his natal region where it was able to wrap itself around a mystical root-like figure that seemed both material and not at the same time. The power continued to surround itself around the figure until it had completely analyzed the figure’s form at which point the power quickly disappeared and receded back through the repelling force, since it was present to keep other forces out and not prevent powers from leaving, and into the spiritual treasure. 

When it had returned, the initially clear and transparent ball spawned a small churning blue cloud inside of it. Properly looking at the blue cloud, Chen Huang was subtly reminded of when he first came here and began to gulp nervously. After all, if he couldn’t cultivate then even if he maintained a special physique; his master would likely force him out of the palace or perhaps even out of the realm itself. 

Despite not having been here too long, Chen Huang had been in this realm long enough and had perused the necessary books to know this was simply the social norm in not just this realm but almost all realms with cultivators and spiritual energy. 

It was the same in his previous world as well; if you didn’t possess the necessary qualifications for something then whether it be a house, job or anything else, it would be taken from you without mercy. The local people in this divine realm who’d hear about this wouldn’t even feel any sympathy as it would be considered typical for this to happen. 

Finally, the blue cloud stopped churning, and it changed into the shape of a golden root with four main roots and seven tendrils extending from each root. Chen Huang had no idea on whether or not this was adequate so he anxiously looked at his master who merely showed a satisfied nodding. “A level seven Heaven grade spiritual root, this would undoubtedly make you on par with most of the other Peak Lords’ successors.” Chen Huang completely glossed over the latter part of his master’s sentence as he was overjoyed at the realisation that he had a spiritual root and not just a boring low grade one but a powerful and high ranking spiritual root. This time, evidently happy with the result, the elder let Chen Huang bask in his joy until he calmed down enough to commence the subsequent test. 

The elder flipped his hand over again and when he jerked it back the transparent ball had disappeared and in its place was a steel star that emitted a slight green light from it’s middle. “Same as previously, place your hand on the Green Star Identifier.” The elder explained before including another instruction “This time however, instead of allowing the green light to enter your body, pour some of your golden aura into the fascinating artifact.” 

Chen Huang did not quite understand why it was inconsistent with the previous test's procedure. For a breathless second, Chen Huang started doubting why he put so much trust in the elder but he quickly corrected his way of thinking since if his master really wanted to do something bad to him then it wouldn’t be like Chen Huang could prepare anything against him. 

When his hand rested comfortably on the device with the center of his palm over the green light, Chen Huang stimulated his golden aura and conducted it from his heart through his arm and ultimately out of his palm into the green light. The time it required for him to do this was far shorter since he had spent a long time during his time in the forest and even some time at the palace practicing his control over his golden aura. As one would expect, as soon as the aura manifested itself, the green light sucked in the aura into itself. 

In spite of this, it did not seem satisfied with the amount. “Provide it more, don’t worry it can take it” his master advised. Chen Huang obeyed and poured even more of his power into the artifact until the green light turned red and his master halted him from inserting anymore. The red light kept blinking as both Chen Huang and even the elder conveyed an anticipating expression. 

At long last, the red light experienced a change and the visible color turned to… black. “What! Impossible! He clearly has a heavenly physique otherwise how could he be able to evade mine.” The elder’s current expression was one of regret and distinct disappointment. 

His master’s words fell on deaf ears though as Chen Huang simply stood there, looking at the light. Vaguely, extremely vaguely, a sprinkle of gold could be seen with the impenetrable darkness. Chen Huang felt like the sprinkle was concealing something and he wanted to uncover what it contained. Unbeknownst to him, Chen Huang gradually fell into a trance like state where only the golden point remained in his vision. As he slowly sought out what the light was obscuring, the originally small golden point gradually expanded to the size of a dot, then a fist, then a basketball until Chen Huang’s entire vision was covered in the golden light. The golden light radiated principles and ideologies too profound for Chen Huang to comprehend yet he still managed to gather bits and pieces of information related to the concept of life. 

However, even at its current size, the expanse of gold did not stop propagating and the truths that it held within it began to subdue him and make his mind reel from the extraordinary complexity of the information. Chen Huang felt suffocated by the sheer size and fierce pressure of it all. That’s when Chen Huang realised he actually wasn’t breathing at which point panic naturally began to take over. 

“Wake up!” a roaring and rumbling voice came, generating with it the sound of rumbling thunder. A green face appeared within the ocean of golden light. The green face bore resemblance to Chen Huang’s master and when Chen Huang stared at it, he felt like he was looking at a force of nature as multiple powerful intents and wills came charging towards him. The strong intents and wills knocked him out of his daze therefore sparing him from the dangerous predicament. 

Back to reality, Chen Huang saw his master staring at the Green Star Identifier whose light was now emitting golden light in the unique shape of a heart that beat every now and then. His master’s eyes were glittering as he let out a bellowing laughter that caused the entire room to briefly shake, “Hahahaha! I knew it, a heavenly physique and such a formidable one at that. “Master, is everything okay?” Chen Huang carefully asked. “Yes,yes, everything is good” the elder looked at Chen Huang with eager eyes. “You indeed have a special physique and a heavenly physique just like I predicted.” 

The elder elaborated on the answer, “From the symbol that manifested; you, my chosen disciple, have the Sacred Eternal Heart physique.” A sense of excitement started to well up within Chen Huang at the sound of the name. The elder continued,”The Sacred Eternal Heart physique is ranked #4 in the 5000 physique ranking. It’s the ultimate physique for body cultivators and those who practice the concept of life. You have no idea what cultivators that practice the body system of cultivation and those that pursue the life concept would do to obtain this physique. Immortal wars would be waged, realms destroyed and universe defying treasures brought out. Not only does it provide the user with unparalleled talent in body and life cultivation and techniques but it also grants its holder a near-immortal body with practically boundless vitality.” 

Chen Huang was astounded at the revelation. He looked down at his hands like he was witnessing them for the first time. ‘My body is incredible!’ Chen Huang thought to himself with a peculiar pride in his heart. 

His master looked curiously at his disciple. ‘His heavenly physique combined with his spiritual root would make his talent comparable to a Young Successor’ the elder thought to himself with a slight bit of shock, although he had guessed that this boy was not simple to have been able to block his power and he had divined that he was talented, he was still surprised to find out that he was this much of a genius. 

He subsequently turned to look at Jin Long who had stayed in place the entire time, his initially nervous eyes now displayed happiness for his brother whilst his body emitted a minor glow. “Next, Jin Long, come up here.” Both Chen Huang and Jin Long looked a bit surprised at that. 

“Does Jin Long also have a spiritual root, master?” 

“Hmph, of course he does, he’s a dragon and all those born as spirit beasts are naturally gifted with a spiritual root” his master expressed while internally thinking, ‘I absolutely need to teach him the basics. As his master, this is my duty and I can’t let him fall behind others.’ Jin Long remained rooted in place, refusing to move and it wasn’t until Chen Huang gestured for him to follow that his test began. 

The identical procedures as before were redone. Jin Long’s spiritual root appeared as a root with four primary branches just like Chen Huang’s. However, instead of seven tendrils, his consisted of nine tendrils on each branch. “Level nine heaven grade spiritual root” the elder exclaimed in shock at the view of two extraordinary talents. 

‘A level nine heaven grade spiritual root is exceptionally rare, even for those races born as immortals’ he accurately recalled the necessary knowledge he knew about heaven grade spiritual roots and that each increase in level lowers the probability of it appearing by a staggering amount yet despite that, a legendary nine level heaven grade spiritual root was in front of him. 

He watched as Chen Huang and Jin Long celebrated. After pondering for a bit, he took out the Green Star Identifier once more. Chen Huang noticed this while an unpleasant emotion appeared in him, “Master, Jin Long also has a special physique?” 

“I wouldn’t eliminate the possibility that a talent as abnormal as him would have a special physique.” Following what he formerly saw, Jin Long placed his clawed front foot over the green light and began to activate the sacred symbols on his body. A white-gold aura was produced and just like with Chen Huang, it was promptly absorbed. Unexpectedly, instead of taking so much time like with Chen Huang’s test the green light near-immediately shifted to a white-gold colored symbol of a ferocious and proud dragon face supporting a dignified crown. The mighty dragon’s shrewd eyes appeared to move as they carefully searched for suitable prey in the surrounding area. Thankfully, the sacred symbol disappeared with the elder’s slow withdrawal of the spiritual treasure. 

The elder’s face was away from and imperceptible to Chen Huang. “Astonishing, absolutely legendary.” Chen Huang heard his master mumble when he suddenly turned around to look at the two of them. “The Ancient Dragon Overlord physique, it's ranked #6 and is another heavenly physique. Haha, I knew I was accurate. Special physiques which are so rare and where even the weakest one can make its user an average genius in their own right. And now, on my Jade Earth peak exist two heavenly physique holders who are even rarer and more exceptionnel than special physique users” he spoke while looking earnestly at the two of them with pride. 

Chen Huang looked at Jin Long who seemed happy. At the start, he didn’t know how to feel about the fact that Jin Long had a better spiritual root than him and might also have a heavenly physique, but now he took a bit of comfort in the fact that he had a higher ranked physique. ‘Does this make me petty’ Chen Huang started thinking, if he reflected back on his train of thought he’d find that he was being quite wary. And these thoughts still, to his shame, continued to appear in his mind. Yet, as soon as he looked at Jin Long doing a circle around himself in joy, he realised all those thoughts were dumb and joined Jin Long in the joyous occasion. 

‘Two supreme geniuses, I can’t wait to observe what they’ll achieve in the future” the elder couldn’t help thinking with anticipation for the future.

2