Chapter 6 – Variation of the Mysterious Beast (2)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread by Peter Gong

That night, when Rowen tries to practice, he just can't get rid of distractions for a long time. He keeps thinking unconsciously of his parents, the Imperial City, and the Royal Knight College. As for him, whether it is the Imperial City or the Royal Knight College has been just a dream, a very distant dream, but now, the dream is so close to him.

It isn't until late at night that Rowen finally clears away thoughts in his mind and forces himself into a meditative state.

The next morning, Rowen wakes early from his meditation, and after a quick breakfast he comes out into the open field to summon the iron armored beast.

For a summoner, all he needs to do is not just practice his spirit and magic every day, he also needs to spend some time training the summoning beast.

Although the ability of summoning beast basically depends on itself, but even the same kind of summoning beast may hold different abilities, which are related to the growth stage and combating experience of the summoning beast itself. So proper training may be able to improve the summoning beast's fighting ability.

However, this is not the root cause to train summoning beast. Much as training may improve the summoning beast's combating abilities, the improvement may not be much. Most importantly, training the summoning beast is actually a communication between the summoner and the summoning beast. This kind of communication can improve the spiritual fit between the summoner and the summoning beast, which determines another ability of the summoner, that is, the combination.

Normally, the summoner has no aggressiveness on his own, but once the summoner and the summoning beast combined, the summoner has more power than the summoning beast combined with him. Although the time for this combination is limited, at the critical moment this ability can help the summoner to beat his opponent.

But the summoner cannot combine with any of his own summoning beasts casually. There is a truth that all summoners recognize: the summoning beasts actually have fairly high intelligence quotient. There is a special spiritual connection between the summoner and the summoning beast so the summoning beast generally follows the summoner's command to fight. However, if the summoner wants to combine with the summoning beast, the summoning beast must fully recognize him. Only when the spiritual fit between the summoner and the summoning beast reaches a certain level, will the summoning beast accept the combination requirements of the summoner.

Now, of course, Rowen's plan is simple. He doesn't try to seek a combination of the iron armored beast. He's just trying to figure out other attacking ways of the iron armored beast, and if he can't find that, at least he should know whether he can control the position where it appears. Only by doing this way, will he be able to hit people with it accurately.

Summon and throw out...

Rowen keeps on practicing, and hours have elapsed without his notice. However, he finds that he can't control the landing position of the iron armored beast. The iron armored beast appears somewhere around him every time, but there is no rule that can be traced. At this moment, he cannot help but sigh at yesterday's luck. It is a great luck for him to hit that enchanter with the second try yesterday, or else he would have been another dead in the valley of thunder.

It is still a sunny day today, and the snow in the Mayor town hasn't quite melted yet. But the snow and ice around Rowen have already been smashed into water by the armored beast. Then it flows into the hole, and the iron armored beast is also covered with muddy water all over.

"Anyway, I'll stop trying again." Seeing the muddy iron armored beast, Rowen feels a little distressed. It is his first summoning beast, which means so much to him that it makes him more concerned about it.

Rowen calls back the iron armored beast again, and then moves to a cleaner spot on the other side to summon it out. He finds an old cloth in the house and carefully begins wiping its body.

"Wu, finally done." Ten minutes later, Rowen lets out a long sigh and looks at the iron armored beast with satisfaction. Under the sun's glare, the iron armored beast seems to glow with faint shining, making Rowen think for the first time that this iron-shaped beast is also exquisite.

"Yi?" Suddenly, Rowen feels something is wrong. He sees that the iron armored beast seems moving.

Rowen closes his eyes, then opens his eyes again and rubs them with his hands. Finally, he is sure that he doesn't dazzle: the iron armored beast is actually moving. What's more, it is not just moving, and the white glare on its body becomes more and more obvious.

Kaka…Zizizi…

A sharp shriek of metal reaches Rowen's ears, and the white glare gradually fades away. Meanwhile, the shape of the iron armored beast changes rapidly.

A moment later, the metallic shriek completely disappears, and the iron armored beast no longer changes. Rowen is too astounded to keep his mouth closed, and he looks at the thing in disbelief. Is this really his iron armored beast?

That iron-house-like iron armored beast has completely disappeared, instead, what stands in front of him looks like an iron giant. That's right, it does look like a metallic giant at a rough glance. It has two long and strong metallic arms and legs, large palms and fingers, giant metallic head, eyes and mouth.

But the only similarity to the previous iron house is that the iron giant is about eight meters high, which is almost the same as before, but the body parts seem to be much smaller than before because the waistline of this giant seems to be only five or six meters.

"…" A sequence of strange sound appears suddenly, as if it comes from the iron giant, but Rowen cannot understand it at all.

"Are you talking?" Rowen can't help asking, "What are you talking about?"

"Language selection, H language family B201 language." The sound appears again, but this time Rowen finds that the language it speaks is the common language used on the Cang Yun Continent. However, he doesn't understand what it says. What makes him more confused is the following words the iron giant says to him. "Hello, No. F001 Intelligent Brain of the Future Technology Group is at your service. Welcome to use our Group's product. First, please bind to your DNA."

Rowen is puzzled. It seems that he can understand every word that iron giant utters, but when they are put together, he cannot understand at all, why?

The Future Technology Group? Intelligent Brain? DNA binding? What do they mean?

"What are you talking about? Why can't I understand you?" Rowen asks curiously. Is this a talking summoning beast? As an old legend goes, some special Therions can talk as human do. Although Rowen is sure that the iron armored beast is not a pet beast, it seems to be a little bit exaggerating to call it a Therion.

"Please bind to your DNA," the iron giant just repeats the words.

"What?" asks Rowen.

The iron giant repeats the words again, "Please bind to your DNA."

This disturbing beast gives Rowen a headache: what kind of summoning beast is it? How can it be so weird?

He thinks for a while, and ask another question, "How could I bind my DNA?"

"Please extend your right hand." At last a different answer is heard from the iron giant and Rowen can also understand it.

Much as he thinks it is strange, Rowen still stretches out his right hand out of curiosity.

The iron extends his clumsy-looking metallic hand and grasps Rowen's hand. From the tip of his forefinger comes a feeling of being slightly stung, but a second later, the iron giant pulls back its hand.

Then, the iron giant starts speaking again, "DNA-binding has been completed, please choose the battle mode."

"Battle mode?" At first, Rowen looks startled, and a kind of excitement overwhelms him. Sure enough, the iron armored beast has an ability to fight.

"Please choose the battle mode," the iron giant starts repeating its words again.

This time, Rowen learns his lesson from the previous talking and immediately changes his question, "So how to choose a battle mode?"

"There are two battle modes: one is in-cabin operating mode and the other is man-machine combination mode, and you can choose whatever you like." Answers the iron giant.

What it says makes Rowen feel dizzy. In-cabin operating mode? He cannot understand this at all! As for the man-machine combination mode, though it seems a little confusing, it reminds him of a combined battle mode that the summoner and the summoning beast integrate naturally as one. Does it mean that the strange summoning beast is willing to fight under the man-machine combination mode?

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0