Chapter 10 – Childhood Sweetheart (2)
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread by Peter Gong

Meanwhile, Rowen notices that the iron armored beast has not slowed down, but it becomes even faster. However, the difference is that it is now moving backwards rather than forward.

“The iron armored beast just told me yesterday that pulling back on the lever would slow it down.” Did this iron armored beast lie to me? Rowen is a bit glum.

“Damn!” Rowen suddenly sees from the screen that the iron armored beast is about to retreat into the pool, and he pushes the lever forward again.

Finally, the iron armored beast stops retreating, but continues to run forward faster and faster. Although the valley is vast, Rowen is sure that the iron armored beast will crash against the mountain in a few seconds at most.

“Iron armored beast! How on earth can we slow down?” Rowen is forced to ask.

Unfortunately, there is no response from the iron armored beast this time, and Rowen still has to grope his way around.

A few seconds later, as they draw nearer to the foot of the mountain, Rowen has to pull the lever back again.

“Oh?” Rowen is surprised at once. He has expected it to go backwards again, but now it isn’t going backwards, and still moving forward with a slower pace, and within a second it just stops.

“Weird, how can we slow down this time?” Rowen, a little puzzled, pushes the lever forward again, and the iron armored beast speeds up again. He then pulls the lever back, and this time the iron armored beast is no longer moving forward but moving backwards, but it seems to slow down a little. However, after a few seconds the iron armored beast is still moving backwards, so Rowen has to push the lever forward again to prevent the iron armored beast from plunging back into the pool.

After he continually tries, Rowen finally finds a pattern. If he pulls the lever back a little, the iron armored beast will slow down, but if he pulls it too much, it will accelerate and go backwards. And if he pulls the lever to a certain position, the iron armored beast will come to a complete stop.

With his efforts finally paid off, Rowen heaves a sigh of relief. His strained body relaxes, but a wave of extraordinary fatigue comes over him. His arms, shoulders, and other parts of his body ache terribly, and sweat has soaked his clothes.

“I should just take a break.” Rowen murmurs and falls asleep leaning on his metal chair.

Rowen does not know how long he has been asleep, but when he wakes up he still feels sore all over his body. After looking around, he finds himself still inside the iron armored beast.

The iron armored beast’s power system seems to have shut down on its own, and the metal belt around Rowen has disappeared. Rowen tries to get up, but he feels a pain from all over his legs at the same time, which makes his legs go limp and he can’t help falling down. He quickly grabs to the chair for help, but immediately finds that his hands are numb and have no power, finally he falls back into the chair again.

“Damn, what the hell is this?” Rowen mutters a curse.

“Your constitution is too poor to operate in the Mecha for long time.” A voice comes out of nowhere, and to Rowen’s surprise, the iron armored beast starts talking.

“Then what should I do?” It is rare for an iron armored beast to speak up, and Rowen naturally takes the opportunity to ask. He has previously dismissed questions about his constitution since it is a common phenomenon for almost every summoner. But now he has to take his physical problems seriously.

“You should improve health training, you must have better health to become a true Mecha Knight.” The iron armored beast replies. “With better health, you can choose the man-machine combat mode, which makes it easier to become a Mecha Knight.”

“What is the Mecha Knight?” Rowen asks. He knows that this iron armored beast is also called Mecha, and that the word "knight" is familiar to him, but he just can’t figure out what a Mecha Knight is.

“The Mecha Knight is the highest level among Mecha Fighters. You can be called a Mecha Fighter now. The Mecha Fighter has ten levels and only the one who becomes the level-Ⅹ Mecha Fighter can be promoted to the Mecha Knight.” The iron armored beast seems quite patient this time.

“That is to say that the Mecha Knight is a kind of a level class like the summoning enchanter?” Rowen comes to realize a little.

“Yes, it’s quite like the summoning enchanter.” The iron armored beast says.

“And what kind of Mecha Fighter I am?” Rowen thinks a while and asks.

“I should say that you are a level-I Mecha Fighter.” The iron armored beast answers this question with consideration.

“Just level-Ⅰ?” Rowen feels a little overwhelmed. “Then how long will I become a Mecha Knight?”

“It depends on your talent and efforts. There is someone who has become a Mecha Knight in less than a year, but there is still someone who will never become a Mecha Knight in his entire life.” The iron armored answers.

“One year?” Rowen mutters. One year can be seen as long and short, but the question is whether he wants to spend a year on it or not.

After a moment’s reflection, Rowen asks, “How do I build up my body?”

“There are two ways to improve your physique: to cultivate Dou Chi or the internal energy.”

Answers the iron armored beast, “However, your body is not suitable for the cultivation of Dou Chi, so I suggest you practice your internal energy.”

“What is internal energy?” Rowen is confused again, he knows what Dou Chi is, but he doesn’t hear of the internal energy.

“The internal energy and Dou Chi are similar to each other, but we believe that Dou Chi is actually the cultivation of our body and the cultivation of body meridians is only the secondary. The essence of Dou Chi is an enchanting power, while the internal energy is to mainly cultivate the body meridians and to absorb nimbus from the heaven and the earth so as to change the physique from internal to external.” Says the iron armored beast, “The system has already scanned your body, it shows that your body and meridians are more suitable to cultivate the internal energy than Dou Chi. Your meridians can be greatly improved in several months as long as you choose a proper method to cultivate the internal energy.”

“But where can I find a proper method for that?” Rowen smiles bitterly, and he knows the iron armored beast is right that he is not compatible with Dou Chi because he has confirmed that when he was very young. He doesn’t want to figure out what the internal energy is, either. He just takes it as another kind of Dou Chi. But the question is that he has never heard of any methods to cultivate the internal energy on Cang Yun Continent. So where can he find the appropriate method?”

“If you ask me for help, I would provide you with a suitable method.” The iron armored beast utters suddenly.

“What?” Rowen is speechless out of astonishment, then he exults, “Can you really give the method to cultivate the internal energy?”

“Yes, but only if you ask me to do so can I tell you the method,” answers the iron armored beast.

“Well, I demand you to tell me the method,” says Rowen.

“According to your physique, I have chosen the most suitable method for you. Please look at the screen.” No sooner had the beast uttered the words than a picture of a naked man appeared on the screen, with many symbols next to it that Rowen cannot recognize.

“I, I can’t understand these things at all,” says Rowen.

“This method of internal energy cultivation is called the Sun and Moon Mind Method which originates from the ancient Eastern Land and the characters on it also come from this continent, and it is no wonder that you don’t understand them at all,” the beast says naturally.

“But I will translate them for you, and you must know the body meridians and the position of the acupoints before you start to cultivate the method.

Then, the iron armored beast, like a competent teacher, explains the Sun and Moon Mind Method to Rowenin in detail. Although some of terms and names of the meridians and acupoints are difficult and obscure for Rowen, but Rowen gradually acquires a general understanding of the 8 meridians and 108 acupoints with the help of the picture on the screen

With a basic understanding of the meridians and acupoints, Rowen begins his cultivation of the Sun and Moon Mind Method.

The Sun and Moon Mind Method is a way to absorb and internalize the energy that the sun and moon both have. It absorbs the power of Yang and hardness in the daytime and the power of Yin and softness in the evening. When Yin and Yang, hardness and softness are in harmony, the physique of the cultivator will continue to strengthen, and the energy and all aspects of the body will be gradually changed.

The iron armored beast tells Rowen that there are nine levels for the Sun and Moon Mind Method, and if he reaches the first level, the index of his physique will increase 60%. At that time, he should be able to easily operate the Mecha for some simple combats rather than get hurt or ache all over his body by only moving the Mecha forward and backward.

He sits and crosses his legs within the iron armored beast and follows its instruction, imaging that the energy from the sun is entering into his body and circulating in his meridians. With each circulation, this energy will be refined, and the extremely pure energy will be saved in his public region after dozens of circulations.

A steady stream of energy continues getting into his body and stays in his body after being refined and circulated. At first, this is only Rowen’s imagination, but gradually, he does clearly feel a faint energy flowing throughout the meridians. As the faint energy keeps wandering in his body, it becomes more and more powerful and its flowing can be felt increasingly. With the energy stream flowing in the meridians, Rowen feels the ache all over his body is being eliminated and finally disappears completely.

This mysterious feeling brings extreme excitement to Rowen, and he enjoys doing so. Somehow, he is in a state that is similar to meditation, but a little different. The energy is still making its circulations throughout his meridians and the refined energy accumulated in the public region is getting more and more.

Rowen doesn’t know how long it has taken before he finally comes out of this mysterious feeling and feels refreshed all over his body. It seems that he has sweated a lot and his body becomes sticky.

“Let me take a bath!” The idea of having a bath occurs to Rowen, then he presses the red button to transform the beast into a bracelet.

“Oh, it’s that late?” It isn’t until then that Rowen finds that it is already dark. He thinks he just practices for a little while, but he doesn’t expect it will take him such a long time.

After a comfortable bath in the pool, Rowen leaves the valley and hurries home accompanied by the bright moonlight. Actually, he wants to stay here all night, but he doesn’t eat anything from morning till now, so he is already very hungry.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0