Chapter 13 – Beating the Strong (1)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Proofread by Peter Gong

"Why not ask your master first?" Rowen speaks sarcastically as he glances knowingly or unknowingly to the other side. There stand a boy and a girl. That beautiful girl is Kellen and that handsome boy is her cousin, Abis.

The instinct tells Rowen it should be Kellen who encourages Morency to make troubles.

It is clear that someone intends to make things worse since they have been fighting for so long and no one from The Tiger Family comes forward. And now, perhaps this fight is in tune with what The Tiger Family aims at.

"Rowen, you dare to fight with me?" Morency's eyes are on fire and he is clearly furious with Rowen.

"There's nothing the Wolfs can't do." Rowen says slightly."Everybody in the Mayor town knows that I'm good at hitting dogs. I can do it when I was three."

Pu!

Nina laughs, and Carl gives Rowen a thumbs-up sign of approval.

Some people from the town of Mayor in the hall smile slightly. It is true that when Rowen was three, he could beat a dog. However, it was just a small dog. Of course, the puppy was too big for Rowen and Caroline who was just three years old. Caroline was frightened to cry and Rowen drove the puppy away. At that time, people in the town started to joke about Rowen and Caroline, saying that Rowen knew to protect a girl even his so young.

"We should back to the yard!" Morency says, with his teeth gritting and then he goes away from the hall.

The battle between Morency and Rowen draws everyone into the hall, and even Clemson, the previously unseen owner, finally appears.

Clemson is nearly fifty but looks like a handsome guy less than forty. It should be said that both men and women in the Tiger family have good genes, or at least good looks.

Clemson does not stop the battle, and he just says, "today is Caroline's coming-of-age ceremony. And this battle can be seen as a show before ceremony, but neither will be killed."

Nina makes a sigh of relief when she hears these words, and she whispers to Carl, "this creep has finally said something good!"

"What kind of talk is that? It protects Rowen from killing that Morency?" Carl doesn't think so.

"You fool, Rowen is just a level-I summoner and his summoning beast is still a mystical one while Morency is already a level-II summoner. And how can Rowen be his match?" Nina looks upset.

"No, I reckon Rowen's so confident and he must be sure of winning, isn't he?" Carl shakes his head and says. "Otherwise, how could he agree to fight?"

"You just an idiot! It is well-known that our wolf family will not run away even if we know we're no match for the enemy, and if Rowen doesn't agree to battle, will we ever be able to stay in Mayor?" Nina snaps.

"It seems so!" Carl mutters to himself. He looks at Rowen who is standing opposite Morency in a distance and starts to worry about him.

Then a low howl draws the attention of the mass.

A summoning animal with shiny black fur appears beside Morency. It is not a large summoning animal but about half human in shape, and at first it looks like a large herding dog.

"Where's your summoning beast?" Morency looks at Rowen coldly.

"You'll see it soon." Rowen also replies coldly.

"I'm afraid you don't have a summoning beast at all, Hahaha." Morency smiles wildly. "Rowen, you can give up now!"

"I have told you that beating a dog is my work. And one or two dogs makes no differences to me." Rowen says calmly.

Some people laugh out loud. One dog turns out to be two. "That bastard's mouth is still so wicked!" Kellen, who is also in the crowd, curses Rowen. A good summoner like Morency becomes a mad dog and a pet dog in Rowen's mouth. The summoning beast of Morency just looks like a dog but becomes a real dog in Rowen's mouth.

 "attack! With great anger Morency makes orders to his summoning beast, and a shadow darts at Rowen like an arrow off the string.

Rowen pushes the button on the bracelet and suddenly appears inside the iron armored beast, then he starts it as fast as he can and pushes the lever which makes the beast move toward.

Rowen learns almost all external aspects of summoning beasts by heart, so he recognizes Morency's at once. It's a level-II summoning beast, the wolverines.

The wolverines cannot attack by magic. Their greatest weapon is their sharp claws and teeth. Usually, the wolverines make attack against summoners directly instead of attacking their summoning beasts first.

The wolverines have no strong force but they possess a swift speed. Although the summoner has a bad condition, attacks from the wolverines still can inflict deadly harm to summoners.

Rowen is not worried about his safety as he is sure that even the sharp teeth of the wolverines cannot bite that crust of the iron armored beast

"What's that?" As soon as the giant iron appears, there is an uproar of surprise. In fact, even Nina and Carl have never seen the iron armored beast like this before.

The wolverine quickly rushes to the iron armored beast, and the beast also quickly rushes to the wolverine. Less than a second, they have the most intimate contact. Only hearing a short scream, people find that the huge iron beast has disappeared.

"No, that's impossible!" Morency suddenly bellows wildly.

But silence surrounds all. It happens so quickly that they have no idea what has happened.

All they know is that Rowen is standing there perfectly still, and that Morency's summoning beast has almost disappeared. The reason is that there is still a trace of the wolverine on the ground: a pool of blood and a pile of flesh. And that for a few seconds Morency's summoning animal has been killed by Rowen.

"Rowen, how dare you kill my summoning beast!" Morency roars again. "I will not let you go, fiery tiger, kill him!"

A huge tiger appears in the court before Mroency's voice falls. But the tiger is not clumsy as it quickly runs to Rowen quickly. In a moment it is less than a metre away from Rowen, and it opens its jaw wide and a blazing fire bursts from its mouth.

The fiery tiger, a Level-Ⅲ summoning beast, spouts magical fire from its mouth, and this is apparently Morancy's second summoning beast. As a level-Ⅱ summoner, he can actually have two summoning beasts at once.

Rowen, however, does not expect Morency will continue his attack, and he has to press the bracelet again. He appears inside the iron armored beast and toward that fiery tiger starts as fast as he can.

Facing the fiery tiger, Rowen is a little nervous for the wolverine's sharp teeth cannot break the metal shell of the iron armored, but if it is burned by the magic fire, it will immediately turn very hot, and he, inside the iron beast, will be scalded, too.

Now, he only hopes that he can crush the fiery tiger to death before he is burned to death by the fiery tiger. All he knows is to use the huge body of an iron armored beast to crush his opponent,with which he also beats the wolverine like that.

The hot flame surrounds the iron armored beast, which greatly surprises people present. Though none of them knows what this huge iron thing is, it seems to them that Rowen must be in great danger for he is being plugged by magical flames. At that moment they hear another short, shrill scream, and then they see that the flame surrounding Rowen has all died out, and that the tiger has suffered the same fate as the wolverine.

"Rowen, stop your summoning beast!" Kellen's urgent voice comes to everyone's ears. "You can't kill Morency!"

It has been discovered by all that the huge iron thing, after crushing the fiery tiger, continues to rush forward at a great speed, and it is Morency who just stands before it.

The fate of the previous two summoning beasts has convinced everyone that if the iron thing crashes on Morency, he will definitely die.

But it looks like that Rowen doesn't mean to stop his summoning beast. The iron thing is still hurtling toward Morency, who seems too shocked to move.

People shout out as they see death is approaching Morency imminently. At that moment, a white shadow flashes and Morency disappears from the spot.

The next moment it is discovered that Morency has appeared on the other side, and beside him stands a beautiful maiden in a white robe.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0