Chapter 19 – The Ryan Family (1)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The Patriarch, does anyone in our family need weapons?" Rowen asks. "But I've heard the Ryan family's weapons are expensive."

The Ryan family does not make ordinary weapons and some powerful warriors will turn to Ryan family for help when they need special weapons. The family will always give each person a suitable weapon, of course, the fee is also very expensive. Many people cannot afford a sword cast by Ryan family, even by running out of all wealth.

"No, we don't need weapons." Patriarch Brain shakes his head. "We only need the man who makes weapons."

"The man who forged the weapons?" Rowen looks puzzled. "Patriarch, the Ryan' swords are so expensive. Shouldn't it be even more expensive if we hire someone who can make swords?"

Patriarch Brain smiles. "Rowen, we're not hiring man for making swords."

"So what are we going to do?" Rowen asks curiously.

"Rowen, we're going to propose." "Rowen, you're going to have a wife then, ha ha!" Bania, driving ahead, interjects with a smile.

"Propose?" "Uncle Bania, you're not going to lie to me, are you?"

Laura is Rowen's aunt and Bania is supposed to be Rowen's uncle, but Rowen has been used to calling him uncle ever since he was a little boy.

"Rowen, Bania is not lying you. We're going to propose for you." Patriarch Brain speaks.

Rowen is completely dumbfounded, this time he thinks of a lot of possibilities. But he never thinks of a marriage, because he is only 16 years old. Although at this age, he should be interested in girls, but he never thinks of building a family now. After all, in accordance with the law of the empire, the man usually officially gets married at nearly 20 years old.

But now, he will face this thing which seems a faraway thing. It takes a moment for Rowen to recover. "Patriarch," he says, "I'm only sixteen and why I have to get married now?"

Somehow, a petite image flashes through Rowen's mind. It is Caroline. Although he has been trying to distance himself from her for a long time, he cannot help thinking about her when he thinks about marriage.

"Rowen, you're a little young, but time is running out. Here's an opportunity we can't pass up." Patriarch Brain sighs. "This girl is very important to you and to the wolfs, and I just hope she hasn't made a final decision before we move on to the Ryan family."

"Patriarch, who are you talking about?" Rowen's mind is in a mess but he wants to know exactly who he is proposing to.

"Her name is Agatha Ryan." Patriarch Bryan says slowly, "the genius girl of Ryan."

Rowen knows nothing about this name, but according to the Patriarch Ryan and Bania, he knows that the girl he is going to propose to is not an ordinary girl.

The Ryan Family can stand for hundreds of years, not only because the family has the mainland's most outstanding casting master, but also because the Ryan family possesses outstanding warriors. So, the Ryan is not only a casting division family, but a Warrior family as well.

Agatha, however, is a true genius and a gifted foundry master as well as a gifted warrior. Four years ago, at the age of only sixteen, she has become the most outstanding foundry master in her family, and now, at the age of only twenty, she has become a level-Ⅶ warrior, formally stepping into the rank of senior warrior masters.

Everyone who knows Agatha believes that it is only a matter of time for her to reach the rank of the top level-Ⅹof warriors. And this is bound to be a legend in the Cang Yun Continent, because no woman has ever reached the level-Ⅹof warriors before.

There were level-X female enchanters and summoners on Cang Yun Continent, but it has never witnessed a level-Ⅹ female warrior, which makes many people think that the warrior is not suitable for a woman. But now, many believe that Agatha will prove this wrong several years later.

"Patriarch, they cannot consent to our proposal?" Rowen asks nervously. Rowen is a bit nervous because such a girl of genius is somewhat out of his touch. And as the Wolf family cannot match the Ryan family, how could they agree to marry their genius girl to Rowen.

"Rowen, you've got to believe in yourself, you're as good as anybody." Patriarch Brain smiles gently. "Agatha will choose you, I am sure."

Rowen doesn't know what to say for a moment. He has a feeling that Patriarch Brain is a little too optimistic, but since the Patriarch wants to propose, he has to agree. He understands that the Patriarch has done everything for his family. As the Wolf family's third rule goes, "family first."

Of the three rules of the Wolf family, the family comes last, but in fact, everyone in the Wolf family puts the family first.

Everyone has to make some sacrifices to keep the family alive, and that's why the Wolf family has survived for 300 years even though it hasn't produced any great talents for nearly 300 years.

Red Cloud City is located in the middle of Red Fox Empire. It is the most famous mountain city in the Empire. The whole city is surrounded by mountains. But despite this, Red Cloud City is still one of the most prosperous cities in the empire, and this has a lot to do with the existence of the Ryan family.

For a warrior, the importance of equipment is self-evident. A good weapon can greatly increase the combat effectiveness of a warrior, while a good armor can save lives at critical moments.

The Ryan family is able to forge the best weapons and the best armors, which naturally attracts many warriors. But it is clear that only few warriors are able to get the weapons they want. And some have resorted to buying weapons from other places in Red Cloud City.

Even though the best foundry families live nearby, Red Cloud City still has a lot of foundries, because they all know that the Ryan family can't meet everyone's needs, so the foundries' business is booming, and Red Cloud City, naturally becomes a foundry city.

And many warriors also settle in the Red Cloud City, which makes Red Cloud City a place populated by the largest number of warriors. Thus, the city becomes a city of warriors, and some warriors even venture here to receive disciples. Consequently, Red Cloud City becomes even more dynamic and prosperous.

However, the Ryan family does not reside the downtown Red Cloud City, but at the foot of the Luoyun mountain three miles or so near western part of Red Cloud City.  

It is one of the most famous mountains in the empire and the second highest mountain in the empire. It is about two kilometers high. Looked from the bottom up, it seems that white clouds in the sky just fall on the mountain, as such it is named.

At the foot of the Luoyun mountain, is located a complex of buildings that look messy but actually imply regularity. The architectural style is antique but not shabby. A crescent wall surrounding all these buildings in front, and the back of the buildings is the natural barrier formed by the Luoyun mountain.

At the top of the curving wall is a metal-cast gate, on which there is no writing but a striking design.

This is a lion standing on two feet, and the lion wears armor, with its forelimb holding a sword, and this is the family emblem of the Ryan family. Here is the Ryan villa, the home of the Ryan

When Rowen sees the Ryan villa, he immediately marvels at the huge villa, although it is only a villa, in fact it is bigger than the whole Mayor town.

"Well, there are still two days left, so there is still some time." Brian Patriarch sees the villa gate and finally feels relieved. They have traveled days and nights, but the Mayor town is too far away from the Ryan villa, so it has taken them seven days to arrive.

"Rowen, we're going in now!" Patriarch Brain looks eager. Rowen replies and heads for the door. In recent days, he has learned that Patriarch Brain is serious about this proposal, and he will also do his best as he doesn't want to disappoint Patriarch Brain and the whole Wolf family.

Two guards in silver armor stand before the doorway. Patriarch Brain approaches them and says politely, "Brian Wolf from the Wolf family, I would like to pay a visit to Patriarch Phillip."

"The Wolf family?" The guard in the left side pauses a little, "It seems I never heard of this name... Ha, wait. You are the offspring of The Wolf? That Mayor Wolf?"

"Yes." Patriarch Brain nods and says, "Please tell Patriarch Phillip that the Wolf family brings what he wants."

"OK, you may come in first please!" The guard becomes polite. "I'm Hubbs and please let me take you to the VIP lounge for a moment, and then I'll notify the Patriarch."

"Thanks a lot." A smile appears on the face of Patriarch Brain.

Led by the guard named Hubbs, they go through several doors, and come to a small sitting room.

"Please have a seat." Hubbs politely motions them to sit down first. "Since now everybody's seeing the picking-husband ceremony of Miss Agatha, so I'll beg your pardon for the poor reception."

"You're welcome, Mr. Hubbs, would you please tell Patriarch Phillip that we need an urgent meeting." Hearing Miss Agatha is looking for a husband, Patriarch Brain's face flashes with anxiety.

"OK, I'll notify him immediately." Hubbs nods and leaves.

"Patriarch, did our family has connections with the Ryan family?" Rowen asks after Hubbs leaves.

Patriarch Brain nods and says: "It does have some connections and you'll know it a while."

About ten minutes later, there comes a rapid sound of footsteps from the outside, a tall old man comes in and behind him follows a middle-aged man.

His beard is white and his hair is dark, but Rowen has taken note of the old man's features immediately, and the middle-aged man behind him, though tall, looks rather ordinary.

When the old man comes in, Patriarch Brain gets up and gives a big salute: "Patriarch Brain Wolf from the Wolf family sends my salute to you, the Patriarch Phillip."

"Patriarch Brain, you're welcome." The old man smiles and says, "It's our fault to let you wait so long."

"Rowen Wolf sends salute to Patriarch Phillip." Rowen also pays salute to the old man.

Patriarch Philip nods to Rowen as a greeting.

"Patriarch Phillip, I'll come to the point as time is limited. We are here to propose to Miss Agatha," Brain takes a little box and gives it to Philip. "And I'll bring this seal to you."

Philip's face grows grave, and the middle-aged man behind him also changes his face.

He carefully takes the box and slowly opens it. As Brain puts it, It's an ordinary seal without any gloss but looks dark and dull.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0