Chapter 3: When the Sun Goes Down (2/2) [Route 2]
154 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I slowly made my way back home. It was night, and the fields were peaceful. I could hear beasts in the distance, but they were too far away for me to have to worry about them attacking me.

"What a day…."

I complained as I looked back at the Radiant City. Its bright lights lit up the land. Everything in me didn't want to go back, especially after that battle with that demon. My shoulders slumped. I sighed and continued my way back home.

When I saw my cabin, my relief couldn't be mirrored. There it stood, alone in the land, just how I should be. As I approached, a bright pink-haired girl came running in front of my cabin. With both her arms spread out, she chased many fireflies and butterflies as she cut through my grass. I was surprised to see her again. Behind her was that blue-haired woman, too. If I recall right, their names were Janova and Yuuna. I guess only her friends are allowed to call her Yuu Yuu.

"Maybe I should try and talk to them again…."

I suddenly felt a force push on my chest. It was strange… as if a person was there holding me back.

I watched them run back into the forest. However, that blue-haired bratty girl, Janova, turned my way, and we locked eyes.

 

 

Strange images rippled through my head. The force pushing me to stay away… grew stronger as our eyes connected. Instead of saying anything, she slowly flew into the forest after her friend.

"I must be tired…."

Instead of chasing them down, I decided I needed the rest. Those crude images that I couldn't make out flashed in my head for a little longer as I lay in bed that night but eventually, they faded away just like my desire to get to know those two just a bit better…

 


 

As I lay in bed, awaiting the night terrors to assault me, I began to question what happened in the past few days. More than ever… I associated myself with others.

 

Jade is a strong-willed woman who will do anything to reach her goals.

 

 

Eve, a slightly shady but hard-working consultant. It was strange that she didn't remember interrogating me… or even the events surrounding it. But then her abilities in battle were precise, calculated, and in the end, we survived because of her.

 

 

Vivian Heart, a tenacious girl with a seeming heart of gold. Justice was her priority, and she still has a long way to go in terms of fighting and decision-making, but… she is a genuinely kind individual.

 

 

Then there’s Lana Pasco, the little sister of the one they call a goddess, Abigail Pasco. They have a cult following that even has the chance to rival the Radiants if they don’t keep tabs on them. I fought Lana… I’m just lucky none of their followers retaliated against me, I guess.

 

 

But something was captivating about Abigail. For a brief moment, after she suggested "dancing for her…" as ludicrous as the idea was, it came into my mind briefly. There’s a reason why… people follow her, I guess.

 

 

And then…there was the human and demon, Mellissa Ann Cafree. She was dangerous and someone I better avoid if I wanted a longer life. But then she had another side to her that Jade brought out. I… have no idea what to make of her. All those kisses and touches were like sensory overload for me. Mellissa… is a lot to take in.

 

 

 

“Jade told me to take tomorrow off… I’ll decide what I should do then.”

I closed my eyes and let the horrible night terrors assault me…

 


Radiant Age, April 4, 1127


 

When I woke up, my pain was nearly gone. The medication I took last night did wonders, just as Mellissa told me it would. My room was a mess, pillows in strange places, things knocked to the floor.

“…I really did a number on my room.”

Slowly, I cleaned up the place. It took around ten minutes or so. Once it was finished, I noticed it was very early in the morning.

“Well, I have the entire day to relax.”

With a smile, I thought about it.

“I’m still curious about those phone… things. But I might not have the money to even get one.”

I walked about my cabin. The floors creaked as I went into the kitchen.

“I can use my day productively and look into these missing people without Jade hawking over me… The sooner I solve this mystery, the faster I get back to my normal life. I do have a promising lead regarding the Baron Group… If I go alone and look around, I might find something.”

I sighed.

"Or I can get a few things from the city and come back home quickly. I still need those tomatoes."

I crossed my arms, thinking about it.

“But then… I could just spend my day here… not socializing with anyone. That… sounds wonderful too.”

 


[Choice]

 Talk to Jade about the investigation. (Jade) LOCKED UNTIL 3 ROUTES ARE COMPLETE.

Go look at phones. (Vivian Heart)

Look into the investigation more. (Eve Seed)

Search the Baron Group for clues. (Lana Pasco)

Question the Baron Group Leader (Abigail Pasco) 

Pick up supplies. (Mellissa Ann Cafree)


 

Pick up supplies. (Mellissa Ann Cafree)

 

 

 

7