Chapter 2: “It’s not just a dream.”
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up inside a familiar-looking tent. There were buzzing noises of men's footsteps outside, pacing around in harmony. This wasn't the palace. Had I been kidnapped? Had my father lost it and sent assassins to skin me alive?

As I cooked ridiculous scenarios in my head, the memories slowly came back to me.

I was currently in a war against Fentena. Father sent me here after my twelfth birthday.

We lost, I got captured, and then-

"Just a dream..." I brought up my hand to the ceiling, imagining a world drowning in sunlight.

The dream was very realistic. Too realistic that it felt scary.

Erasing the memory, I tried to sit up. Immediately, I was bombarded with dozen floating texts filling up my vision.

||Good morning (ㆁωㆁ)||

||Rise n shine sleepyhead♪||

||It's a good day to die||

||C'mon up up up!!!!||

"It's not just a dream," I amended to myself.

[[You thought it was all just a dream?]]

I turned left to see the little girl in white sitting in my bed, smirking up at me.

"Tu," I recalled. "The Deity of Time and Space."

[[That's right!]]

"You look just like an ordinary brat."

Tu pouted childishly, proving my point. [[Even if Tu looks like this, Tu is a Deity, you know!]]

An unfamiliar giggle resounded through the tent, and I turned right to see the boy in a dark cloak trying to hold back his laugh. I didn't know what he found funny in this situation.

Noticing my stare, he stopped laughing. [[What are you staring at?]]

...He was also no different from a normal kid.

"Rikal, the Deity of Etherealm."

He acknowledged my words with a simple nod.

The text message flashed in front of me.

||What about me♪||

"Huan, the Deity of Knowledge."

||100 points!||

What deities? I only had a brat, a moody kid, and a weirdo around me.

||Now what is the sweet prince gonna do?||

The brat-looking deities watched me with varying emotions, one was full of excitement while the other was curiosity.

They were waiting for my response and all I could say was, "What have I done?"

[[To be more precise]] Rikal said. [[What have we done]]

Tu smiled proudly. [[Tu reversed the time to a week before you got captured!]]

It sounded like a bunch of bullcrap. If I didn't experience it myself, I would have brushed it aside.

A week, huh. That meant the opposing army was going to attack seven days from now on. They had strong mages by their side. All we had here were ordinary swordsmen.

"You can't send me back way longer than that?"

If possible, sent me back to when I was born. I'd run away from the palace and live a happy life.

[[Tu can't. One week is Tu's limit.]]

"Is that all you can do?"

Tu pouted again. [[Reversing to one week to the past is already cool, isn't it? You didn't even thank Tu for saving your life!]]

I pondered about it.

[[Why are you still pondering about it?! It's obvious that you have to thank Tu, right?]]

She had a point.

"You're right. Regardless of your bratty attitude, I still have to thank you."

[[That's right! But did you just add unnecessary stuff there...?]]

"It's just your imagination."

I ignored Tu, who was nodding proudly to herself and stepped out of the tent. The men were busy training and sharpening their weapons.

They stopped when they noticed me staring.

"Your Highness! Are you alright? Is your body okay?"

"Your Highness, please rest more!"

"That's right! Don't worry about us, Your Highness!"

From the first day of the journey up until the end of the war, they always treated me like the prince I was. It was frankly uncomfortable. I had holed myself up inside the tent with the excuse of being sick as soon as I arrived and relied on the Commander for everything. In the end, the men that I stared at one by one right now had died to sacrifice themselves for a good-nothing prince like me.

I had seen their senseless deaths with my own eyes.

Tu wasn't lying. She really did send me back to a week in the past.

"Tell the Commander I want to join the meeting."

1