Ch 1: Young bored
600 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Void.

The void was the predominant thing in this place. Or rather, the void was just a decoration created to "beautify" the place.

In the empty room, a boy sat on his throne. The throne was made of an unknown material; however, its golden glow could mesmerize anyone. Beside the boy, a cat dressed in a maid's outfit watched him with a certain obsessive gleam in her eyes.

*Yawn!*

"How boring…" The boy muttered. He placed the cat in his lap and patted her head.

*Purr!*

The cat was happy when she received affection. She closed her eyes and placed her paws in the boy's hand.

"Master, why do you remain with emotions?" the cat asked; however, no sound came from her mouth. She was using telepathy to talk.

The boy looked at the cat and said, "Because without it, things get even more tedious."

Many considered emotions a weakness, but to him, emotions were just fun.

"Um… you're right." She thought the same way, too.

The boy smiled, and a book appeared in his right hand. On the cover of the book was written: "Ways to have fun".

"Master, this book is…"

"A book created by mortals." He replied.

"You know, mortals tend to create interesting stories. Lately, the trend is to travel to another world, harem, cultivation, etc." The boy flipped through the pages, looking for something interesting.

"Master, why are you reading this?" the cat asked with curiosity. Her master could have anything he wanted. There was no need to read books for that.

"The adventures they create are fun. Who doesn't want to travel to another world, assemble a harem of goddesses and control the multiverse?"

"You've already done all that." The cat said with a strange expression.

"That's why I'm looking for something new." He was looking for something to keep him entertained, so he checked out some famous topics among mortals.

{Harem slave; isekai...}

"Very simple, next!"

{Summoned to another world as a hero…}

"It's interesting, but it ends very quickly."

{System; reincarnation…}

"I've tried it."

{Cultivation}

"Hm… it's not bad; however, people are very strange in the cultivation world." His last visit to a cultivated world ended with him destroying the entire world.

{Maid harem}

"Fascinating… mortals are well-educated people."

"Master…" The cat glared at her master.

"Okay, okay. Let's get back to the main topic." He quickly changed the subject.

{Creation of kingdoms; world domination}

"It's good; however, I don't want to do this right now." He had already built a Kingdom, so he didn't want to do the same thing again.

"Hm... nothing is interesting..."

"Master, just use your omniscience for this." The cat was helpless to her master's actions. Why did he always choose the more complicated path?

"You know, this power is one of the most boring things. I don't like using it." Omniscience is a state of being where one knows literally everything. He could find the answers to all the questions asked, but what fun would that be? Knowing this, he limits his knowledge to only what he wants to know.

*Sigh!*

The cat sighed; however, she was secretly overjoyed at his response.

'He remains the same as always.' She thought with a smile.

"I had an idea!" The boy rose from his throne, a smile on his face. He was going to experience something he had never done. He snapped his fingers, and a giant screen appeared in front of him.

"Master?!" The cat was confused by her master's actions.

"Look at this." He pointed to the screen. The screen showed different multiverses, timelines, higher dimensions, etc.

"What do you intend to do, master?"

"I will create a system." He said with a smile.

"Or rather, I will be the system." He thought this would be a good way to alleviate the boredom. He would create a system and randomly select individuals to own the system. After selecting individuals, he would observe their growth. Would they reach divinity, or would they die before that?

'Hehe.'

"Master, your idea is really intriguing." She said.

"Well, let's create the system." He snapped his fingers and created the system interface. In addition, it also added the items, artifacts, skills, etc.

"Master, aren't you exaggerating?" The cat was in shock when she saw the items. The most powerful items can cause chaos in universes if used carelessly.

"Don't worry, these toys won't be available to them at first. After all, they have to suffer to receive it." He said.

"It's done!" After creating the system, he created two gift boxes.

"It will be an interesting adventure…"

"Your adventures always cause disastrous problems." The cat said, with a helpless expression.

"Don't be so tense. I can just redo it again." He replied with a smile.

*Sigh!*

The cat sighed.

"Well, in this adventure my name will be Yato, and I will be a system," he said, smiling

"Master, I will follow you." She couldn't leave him alone for a minute, otherwise unimaginable things could happen.

The cat closed her eyes and altered her shape. The feline figure turned into a beautiful woman.

The woman wore the clothes of a maid. She had long gray hair, braided in some strands; Her feline ears had a grandiose charm. Her eyes were dark gree, and her face was so beautiful that people would think she was a goddess.

"My name will always be Yerin—your Yerin." She wouldn't change her name because her name was very important to her.

Yato looked at her with a gleam of lust in his eyes.

"I won't let you sleep tonight." He said with a smile.

"M-Master, don't be… naughty!" Yerin said, blushing.

Yato smiled at her protest.

"Let's start our adventure." He looked at the screen that showed everything that was happening in existence. Looking at the two gift boxes in her hand, he tossed them towards the screen.

"Dear mortals, which of you will receive my gift?" He muttered with a smile.

-

The two gift boxes crossed together the space-time continuum of the multiverses until they diverged in different directions.

-

Milky Way, Planet: Vulia, Year: 2012

On a seemingly deserted street, a boy walked with a haggard expression on his face. His day was bad. He just wanted to go home and sleep.

"Look guys, that fat bastard isn't dead yet."

"Hahahaha!"

Some men passing by on the street started laughing at the boy. The boy quickened his steps. He didn't fight back the charges because he was afraid of being beaten. After walking for a few more minutes, he arrived at his house. His house was simple. 

"I'm tired." He dropped his backpack on the floor and went straight to his room. The room was completely disorganized, the clothes were all over the floor.

The boy wanted to sleep; however, he was shocked when he saw a gift box in his room. He didn't remember buying any gift boxes.

"What the hell is this?" He was afraid to open the box; however, his curiosity won out. His life was already shit, so why bother?

'Well… maybe it's just something I bought and forgot.' He approached the box, with a curious expression.

-

Milky Way, Planet: Napiter, Year: 2020

"Hahaha! Swallow my magic, hydra!!" The girl sent a giant fireball toward the monster.

*BOOMM!*

"How… Can you be so strong, human?!" The four-headed hydra was shocked by the power of the human in front of her.

"Hahaha! I, the witch of nightmares, am invincible!!" the girl said proudly.

"Now see my final magic, Meteor-"

*tock!* *tock!*

"Sakura, why are you screaming?!" A sound came from the door, along with a voice.

"Huh?! Ah… it's nothing! I'm… just…watching videos!" the girl said hastily.

"Huh… alright then."

*steps!* *steps!*

After seeing his sister was gone, the girl sighed in relief. She sat on her bed and—went back to fantasizing.

"Congratulations, Nightmare Witch. You killed a hydra, level 100." The girl said, in a robotic tone.

"Humph! As expected of myself." She answered. "Let's see the loot…"

She would finish her sentence; however, she was incredulous when she saw a gift box in front of her. She rubbed her eyes, thinking she was hallucinating.

'This…' She froze for a moment; however, her fantasy mind acted alone and her hands moved towards the box.

-

"What will it be?..." The boy unwrapped the gift with curiosity.

After unwrapping the gift, he saw a piece of paper inside. On the piece of paper was written "congratulations".

*clap!* *clap!* *clap!*

"So you were the chosen mortal. You're a lucky guy."

"Huh?!"

The boy was startled when he heard a voice in his room. He looked back and saw a young man floating as he clapped his hands.

'W-What?! I'm dreaming?!'

"No, you're not. By the way, good afternoon, mortal."

...

"AHHHH!"

The boy ran towards the door while screaming; however, he ended up slipping and…

*Pan!*

The boy fell and hit his head on the ground. The impact was so strong that he passed out.

-

"Hm… that's it?" The girl looked at the piece of paper that was inside the gift box.

"Sorry to disappoint you, Miss Nightmare Witch."

"Kyaa!" The girl jumped out of bed when she heard a male voice in her bedroom. She looked back and saw a young man sitting in a chair.

"W-Who... are you?!" she asked as she walked slowly towards the door.

"Miss, your magic was so great that it transcended all dimensions and reached me. To congratulate you on your great achievement, I came to deliver a gift for you." Yato said with a sarcastic smile. To think that one of the chosen mortals would be a girl with Chūnibyō.

"Eh?! M-My… magic?" She was so embarrassed that she wanted to die this time.

"Hehe, how about we have a chat?"

-

The adventure has begun.

----

19