Ch 45: Unexpected visit
40 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasumi was sitting on her bed with a thoughtful expression.

'There's something wrong going on.'

She was sure of it. Strange things are happening in the Kanami Family and the world.

'I'm sure they already know the potential of Sky-corporation, but why didn't they make a move?'

She was sure Sakura was hiding that she owned her family Sky-corporation. However, the Kanami family is too powerful, so it's not difficult to find out information about Sakura.

'Is there anyone helping Sakura? Perhaps one of her sisters.'

She knew that Sakura had a very close relationship with her sisters, so probably one of them deliberately retained the Kanami family.

'Interesting. So the Kanami family is divided. This will cause chaos in the future.'

The Kanami family is one of the Big families in the country. However, Sakura's decision will cause internal conflicts in the family.

'Also, that terrorist attack is very strange.'

Many simply ignore it, leaving it to the government to resolve. But it's very suspicious.

'The terrorists didn't reveal anything about it, but it looked like they were targeting a specific building.'

'The plane was also stopped in a bizarre way... have the terrorists given up?'

Kasumi thought of the moment she felt scared in front of Sakura. She didn't know what it was, but she suddenly felt like she was standing in front of a being that wasn't a human. Sometimes bizarre phenomena happen in the world, but people don't always notice.

'Sakura-chan, you are full of mysteries.'

-

Chiyo looked at her messaging app. She had just received a message from her parents asking how she was going with the deal with Sky-corporation.

*Sigh!*

'Sakura, I did everything I could. Unfortunately, I can't help you more than that.'

In a few days, her parents return from their trip. Fortunately, it's time enough for Sakura to make a decision. Chiyo knew how greedy her parents were. They do not hesitate to commit atrocities in exchange for power.

Chiyo is the only one of the sisters who has enough power to confront her parents. Sakura was very young, pure, and innocent.

'I tried to keep her away from it.'

Chiyo looked at a painting on the wall. The painting was of three girls. The three girls were very similar, they looked like twins.

'I miss when it was the three of us.'

-

"I feel like my body has become different," Sakura muttered as she took in her naked body. Her face had visibly changed. It looked like she had been going to the gym for two years. Her curvy white body could tempt any man. After admiring her slim body, Sakura put on her clothes.

'It seems that stronger I get, the more adaptable my body becomes.'

【This is natural. The Host needs to be in good shape to fight against future threats】

"Heh?!" Sakura was surprised to hear the voice of the system.

"...System, are you a robot?" She was curious about it. The system had become more interactive lately, and she didn't know why.

【No】

"Do you have gender?"It was an odd question, but she wouldn't want her body seen by anyone.

【No】

"You're very objective…" she muttered with a sigh. "You are neither human nor a robot. So what are you?"

【An abstract existence】

Yato and the System are different existences. The system is an existence created by Yato, but it is not him. However, despite not being Yato, the system is controlled by him. It is similar to an AI obeying his creator.

"Sounds like a nice definition, although I don't know exactly what it is." She said with a thoughtful expression.

"So, how should I refer to you?"

【This is irrelevant. Call me what you want】

"So... I'll call you system."

【...】

"What's your purpose? Yato never said anything about it."

【I exist to help hosts in their respective paths and goals】

"Help, huh. Why was I chosen? Was it just luck?" She had this doubt for a long time.

【 The first two hosts needed to be normal people, so anyone with powers was ruled out. Making a brief calculation, the amount of possible people was infinite. That is, the possibility of someone having the system was less than 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000….】

Sakura was so surprised that she didn't know what to say. The system kept typing "0", continuing a seemingly endless sequence.

"Okay, okay. I get it!" She didn't expect winning the system to be so difficult. It looks like she had made an "existential jackpot".

'I better leave, or I'll end up late.'

She was ready to go to school, but when she opened the door, she froze. She saw a person she never expected to find in her house.

A beautiful girl with long pink hair looked at Sakura. Her body was thin but well proportioned; Her honey brown eyes were a little moist at the sight of Sakura. Her face seemed to contain no "imperfection". She was wearing a long skirt and a shirt.

Maya Kanami. She is Sakura's younger sister.

Sakura froze, not knowing how to react to seeing her sister. Maya's expression was also strange when she saw Sakura. The strange mood continued for a few seconds until Maya spoke.

"I can enter?"

"Ah-s-sure."

"Onee-Chan isn't home?" Maya asked after sitting on the couch.

"...No. She took care of the company." Sakura replied. "Should you be here? Our parents would be mad to hear that."

"Okaa-san and Otou-san are traveling. I have some free time, so I decided to pay a visit." Maya replied. "...Sakura, how are you? Onee-chan told me you changed schools."

"I'm studying at Lincoln Charter School," Sakura replied with a strange expression.

"What?! Sakura, that school is-"

"I know. That school is weird, but I'm fine. Don't worry."

"..."

*Sigh!*

Maya sighed. The reputation of that school is not very pleasant. She was afraid Sakura would lose too much money or tarnish the family name.

Sakura noticed her sister's expression.

"After all this time, you still think I'm useless, huh." Sakura said as she clenched her fists.

Maya realized that she ended up causing a misunderstanding and quickly tried to fix the situation.

"Sakura, isn't that-"

"Do not lie to me!" Sakura screamed. "Now you're the star of the family, always getting accolades and awards. What about me? A worthless girl who needs her big sister to survive, right?!"

"Sakura, I never thought of you that way!" Maya stood up with an indignant expression.

Sakura wanted to object, but a strange feeling took over her chest. That feeling said Maya wasn't lying. Sakura clenched her fists, and tears began to stream down her face.

*Bam!*

A loud noise came from the door. Sakura and Maya looked at Chiyo.

"Sakura? Maya?! What's going on?!" Chiyo watched the two with a worried expression. She hadn't expected to find Maya here.

"I'm going to school." Sakura grabbed her bag and walked away with a conflicted expression.

"Sakura, wait-" Maya tried to stop Sakura, but Chiyo stopped her.

"Leave her. She needs some time to think." Chiyo said with a thoughtful expression.

*Sigh!*

Maya sat back down on the couch with a serious expression.

"Onee-Chan, can we talk?"

"Maya, what's going on?" Chiyo asked as she noticed Maya's expression.

"There's something strange going on in the family."

"Something strange?"

"Onee-Chan… do you remember that terrorist attack?" Maya asked, a little shaky.

"Yes, do you know anything about this?"

"Onee-Chan, that terrorist attack… was planned to target one of our family companies."

Chiyo's eyes widened in surprise and confusion.

"W-What?!"

After explaining a bit about Sakura and Keiichi's past, we'll start an important arc: "The second mission".

2