Ch 48: Flames and Lightning vs Darkness and Blood | part 2
35 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flames and Lightning vs Darkness and Blood | part 2

Keiichi looked at the hooded figure with a wary expression. That attack was stronger than he expected, and this person is dangerous.

"So it's you… I'm not surprised." Dion said as he watched the hooded figure. "I should have killed you sooner."

"Hahaha! Long time no see, Dion."

-

"This guy… Isn't he Kuraim?" Alad's eyes widened, and he said the name of the hooded figure.

"Kuraim?! How the hell is this guy here?" Adolph was startled to hear the familiar name.

"Who is Kuraim?" Ayaka asked as she got into combat stance.

"Kuraim is one of the members of the most powerful organization of assassins in the world, more specifically, the most powerful member of the organization. However, he has hardly been seen in recent years." Alad replied with a serious expression.

"Wait- This guy…" Takahiro looked at Keiichi and Kuraim with a strange expressions. "Ayaka, get out of here now…"

-

Virzarod turned away from Dion and went to Kuraim's side.

"Despicable…" Dion muttered.

"Don't get me wrong, Dion. You've always been so arrogant it's fun to see your expressions now." Kuraim replied with a smile.

"Why are you doing this? Don't you know this demon wants to destroy our world? Or do you hope you'll stay alive after this?" Dion questioned.

"Well, as long as you're all dead, I don't mind dying later." Kuraim replied while holding his sword.

'Hey, demon. Did you get what I asked for?'

Unbeknownst to them, telepathic communication was taking place.

'Unlike you, I know how to do my job. Now, you have to deal with the boy.' Virzarod replied.

'Wait, what?'

Kuraim looked at Keiichi with a thoughtful expression.

"Oh! I remember you! Isn't that the boy that Blood Sect worm said?" Kuraim asked rhetorically.

'Blood Sect Worm… Toki sakata?' Keiichi looked at Kuraim with a confused expression.

"It's surprising that you're still alive, but it's very strange… I don't remember your parents ever being cultivators."

'This boy is not a cultivator.' Virzarod responded telepathically. 'He is just like me.'

"Impossible…"

Keiichi's eyes widened in shock. Memories of the past invaded his mind, and he muttered:

"Was you?"

"Huh?"

'These clothes…That voice.' Keiichi's expression was starting to get distorted.

"Fuck! What the hell did you do?!" Virzarod was confused as he felt Keiichi's mana rise to astronomical levels.

"I finally found you…" Keiichi muttered. "...I will kill you today!"

He couldn't explain the feeling of hatred in his chest. The person who had taken everything from him seemed to be enjoying himself with a carefree expression on his face. How could anyone be so calm knowing they had killed so many innocents? He didn't understand, but it didn't matter. All he had on his mind now was…to take this man's life.

Keiichi took Dragonwrath out of his inventory. The crimson-red sword was covered in raging flames.

"I'll make you pay."

-

*BOOOMMMM!*

A "star" of flame() was created behind Keiichi. He shot toward Kuraim at superhuman speed.

*SLASH!*

The Dragonwrath slashed horizontally toward Kuraim's neck. Barely reacting in time, he tried to block the attack with his sword.

*DING*

The sound of blades reverberated through the air. Even though he blocked the attack, the scorching flames of the sword were burning Kuraim.

'He became much more powerful than before!' Virzarod thought as he tried to help Kuraim, but he was kicked in the face, knocking him away.

"Don't interfere." Keiichi said with a hateful expression. Seeing that his blow was blocked, Keiichi used his left hand to send a beam of fire at point-blank range.

*BOOMMM!*

Kuraim was sent flying toward the sky. Seeing things getting out of hand, he shows an annoyed expression.

"Tsk! If I'd known you'd be troublesome later I would have killed you sooner." He was laughing at Dion a moment ago but seemed to have made the same mistake.

Kuraim's sword was covered in dark energy. He swung his sword vertically, sending a dark slash [ ) ] toward Keiichi.

Keiichi dodged the attack easily and shot toward Kuraim again.

-

Virzarod realized things were not in Kuraim's favor, so he thought of a way to turn the situation around.

"I'm not done with you!" Dion appeared beside him, this time holding an axe.

*Slash!*

The Ax's vertical slash split Virzarod in half, but his regeneration is broken.

"Tsk! How troublesome."

-

"Ayaka, get out of this place quickly." Takahiro was about to use the teleportation artifact on Ayaka, but she stopped him.

"Dad, I won't run away!" Ayaka replied with a determined expression.

"You- Don't be stubborn! It's dangerous here-"

"Dad!"

Takahiro looked at his daughter with a severe expression.

"You're just like your mother…" He muttered.

"Have you finished family affairs yet?! How about helping us now?" Alad yelled as he fought two Imps. Keiichi had killed half of them, so it was easier for them to take care of the rest.

The other Sect leaders had already fled without looking back. Only they are left now.

-

Keiichi and Kuraim exchanged blows, but Keiichi's advantage was evident. Fortunately, they are fighting in a faraway place, because the shockwaves alone would be enough to decimate cities easily.

"Boy, why don't you join us? Forget past grudges. We need to fight a greater evil."

"Greater evil?! How dare you say that after killing my parents?! No remorse, or regret… you feel nothing! You are not human! There is no greater evil than you!" Keichi replied.

Kuraim smiled at Keiichi's response.

"I know exactly how you feel, I know your pain. The difference is that you grew up being spoiled. I had nothing, boy. I woke up every day only to see my father beating my mother while yelling bullshit. I'd go to school and get beat up by a fat bastard. I would come home only to be beaten again by my mother, who took out all her grudges on me." Kuraim continued to defend himself from Keiichi's attacks as he spoke.

"Then why? Why are you like this?!" Keiichi yelled as he tried to cut Kuraim.

If you know how much it hurts, then why do you still cause this pain in others? To Keiichi, this made no sense. He has also been bullied, lost his parents, and even become depressed, but knowing the pain, he never thought of causing that same pain to others.

"Because I found the truth. My mother got spanked because she was weak! I got spanked because I was weak! My eyes were opened. Do you think a billionaire's son would be bullied? Do you think a cultivator would go to jail for killing a civilian?! The most they would do is pay compensation and the next day the news would come out that the person died by some thief."

Kuraim tried to dodge all of Keiichi's attacks, but it wasn't fast enough. He was hit in the chest, opening a gigantic wound. Blood splattered in the air but was instantly evaporated by the flames.

"...The weak have no right to complain. That's the way the world is. That's why I became strong. When I found out about the cultivation world, I finally broke free. My father? Killed by my own hands. My mom? Same. Ahhh~ I can still remember their screams of agony…" Kuraim spoke, not caring about the wound on his chest. Memories of how he had killed his parents entered his mind. He smiled.

"You… you lunatic!" Keiichi was completely in shock. He couldn't understand how anyone could be like this. How could anyone have the courage to kill their parents?

Keiichi looked at Kuraim with pure contempt and hatred.

"Hahahahaha! You don't understand me and you never will!" Kuraim started to laugh crazily. "Well… whatever. Since you won't be joining us, then you can die here."

Suddenly, the sky darkened. The environment started to get weird, as if it had lost its colors. Everyone felt a chill down their spine.

"...What is it?!" Keiichi was alarmed.

A frightening dark energy surrounded Kuraim. In the world where everything seemed to have lost its color, an image of a demon briefly appeared on his back.

Kuraim's appearance began to change. Horns grew on his forehead. It was as if his eyes had turned black as night, and wings grew on his back.

"I will bring the night into the world. The eternal night."

3