Ch 52: Kuraim
16 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Useless trash!"

*BAM!*

I felt my bones almost breaking at that moment. I looked up and saw my father kicking me. His eyes were red with anger. I didn't understand why I was being beaten, but I got used to it.

For the last few years, my life has been like this.

My name is Kuraim. I'm 14.

Before I turned 10, my life was completely different. My father had won the lottery after I was born, so I grew up in a millionaire family. How lucky, isn't it? Well, that didn't last long.

My father was addicted to gambling, and even though my mother tried to help him, it was to no avail. In the end, after 10 years, all the family's money was consumed into gambling.

After that, my dad started to change. He lived in debt as he borrowed money.

*BAM!*

"Argh!" I groaned painfully after his second kick.

Our life has become hell. Or rather mine. I thought my mother would help me, but in the end, she just gave up on our family. She constantly took her anger out on me as my dad mistreated her too. After so many years, she left home last month and started a new family with a rich man. After that, my dad got even more stressed and took his anger out on me again.

I'm tired of all this.

-

The next day, I got up and went to school. My body was sore, but I wore a coat to cover the bruises.

After taking a bus, I arrived at the school after 40 minutes. I studied at an elite high school. Tuition was costly, but my father had paid many months in advance, so I was able to study here for a long time. However, due to my current condition, people tend to look at me with nasty eyes.

Although they don't physically attack me, their looks say what they feel—disgust.

I ignored the stares from the students and went to my classroom, sat in the last row of chairs, and waited for the teacher to arrive. I don't have any friends here, just classmates. Most students didn't want to keep in touch with me.

-

After classes ended, I took another bus and went to my part-time job. This was one of the only ways I could find to make money, but I was doing it without my father's knowledge. I lied to him, saying that I would like to stay late at school. He didn't mind. I intend to earn enough money to leave home and live alone without worries.

My part-time job was pretty simple; I helped a store owner with chores like arranging products, sorting inventory, etc.

That was my routine, study, work, and go home. Fortunately, everything seems to be working out. My dad doesn't know I'm working and getting decent school grades.

I intend to follow this life for a long time, then I will finally have my freedom.

"Boy, aren't you tired?"

I looked at the old man who had spoken to me. He is the owner of the store. Honestly, I consider him as my family. He cared a lot about me and even offered me this job, even though he knew the consequences. He knew a little about my situation, but I always lied.

"It's okay, Oji-chan. It's just another tiring day." I picked up the boxes and took them to the warehouse.

-

*Sigh!*

"If you say so…"

-

After finishing my part-time job, I decided to go to a deserted place to relieve my stress. I came here with my mom and dad when I was a kid. It is a quiet place, close to the sea.

I took my broken cell phone out of my pocket. It was challenging to work with it, as its screen was terrible, but I enjoyed looking at the wallpaper.

'We were a close family.' I sighed and put the phone away.

I thought I would relax peacefully, but my floor dropped when I arrived at the intended location.

-

'Mom…'

I could see my mother hugging a man with two children beside her from a distance. They were watching the sea, and they looked happy.

It felt like a family… together.

That feeling… hurts a lot more than my dad's kicks.

I don't know how long I watched, but I couldn't hold back the tears.

'Mom, have you forgotten your son?'

-

…I decided to go back home. I couldn't stay in that place any longer.

While returning home, I ended up passing by a land with an abandoned building. I ignored it, but that was my mistake.

*BOOOMMM!*

A loud sound made me turn my attention to the building. I was horrified to see him collapsing in front of me. At the same time, an explosion happened. Not an ordinary explosion but an explosion of energy.

"What- Arrgh!!"

The energy sent me flying toward the building. The impact was strong enough that I nearly lost consciousness. After colliding with the building, I felt my bones breaking. My body stopped moving.

I could only see the wreckage falling on top of two people fighting in the background and me.

'Am I going to die… like this?'

-

When I opened my eyes, I saw that I was in a hospital bed. Besides my eyes, I couldn't move any other body part, not even my mouth.

'Argh, my head hurts. What happened?'

Just as I was considering trying to call someone, the door opened. I thought it would be a nurse, but it was a man dressed in black. I had never seen him before, but he didn't seem to have bad intentions. His appearance was unusual, but… what was bizarre was the lightning bolt tattoo he had on his forehead.

"Boy, how about we have a talk?"

-

(3rd PERSON POV)

Kuraim opened his eyes with a frown. He had recently been having unpleasant dreams, so his mood wasn't good.

"Hey demon. What are you going to do now?" Kuraim asked Virzarod, who was beside him.

"They will definitely come after us, but it will be impossible to find us. This domain is out of this world, so we can spend our time here, strengthening ourselves." Virzarod replied.

Yes, they were in a space that was outside of Keiichi's world. Virzarod's plan was to strengthen himself before his last battle.

'After I leave this place, surely I will have enough power.'

Virzarod looked at the blood essences he had accumulated with a smile.

'After that… this human is next.' He looked at Kuraim.

Virzarod had made a deal with Kuraim, an exchange. After the agreement was fulfilled, they would no longer be allies.

'That human was probably the person who gave the artifact to that sect, so he must know how to banish me to the Abyss…'

After the second fight with Keiichi, Virzarod went into hiding, but Kuraim found him and proposed a deal. Part of the deal was for Virzarod to make Kuraim stronger in exchange for helping him gather more blood essence.

Both had different motives, but with the goal—To bring this world to ruins.

"Demon, explain to me how to master the demon pact."

"Oh, are you sure?"

"Absolute…"

3