01: Glitch In the System
529 21 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

YGGDRASIL, a DMMO-RPG that changed the world of gaming because of the freedom that provides to the players, the liberty to build their unique history and playstyle. But one of the most fascinating features of the game was the way you could describe your character, biography, race, lore, and more. It made for extraordinary and complex character customization. The game became popular from day one, and the following years turned into the most played game in the world.

In that period, a particular guild in Japan would turn into one of the most powerful and famous in the world, for the way to play the game. In YGGDRASIL, players could play about every race they could imagine, from human, eagle man, orcs, to angels, or whatever they want. 700 races to choose from, split into 3 categories.

This writer could probably keep writing the same boring paragraphs that you have already read in other Overlord fics about races, about how one particular guild rose through the ranks and became one of the most infamous guilds in YGGDRASIL.

They could also tell you about how this guild started declining, not only due to the harsh reality their members had to face, but also due to the toxic and deadly environment of their world at the 22nd century.

They could even tell you about how the end of this game was not the "end", but just another beginning, as the last member(s) of the guild that stayed ended up being isekai'ed into another world where they tried to find a place in that new world, and finding themselves conquering the world for one reason or another.

It is also possible to tell a story about how a slight difference in one of the many choices in canon ended up causing a huge change impacting the entirety of the New World.

And it is probably easy to have the characters experience an isekai, but instead of going into another world, they find themselves thrown into their original horrible dystopia-like world with the appearance and powers of their game avatars.

Also note that this writer will not bother trying to tell you about all those weird self-inserts that think with their lower parts more than their heads, but that's a whole different situation that is better erased from everyone's mind.

Unfortunately, this story won't be about that.


Blank eyes looked around, seeing nothing but the plain grass everywhere.

The being looked, its face showing no emotions except what could possibly be counted as boredom.

If it had other expressions, it would have tried to make a different expression, most likely.

Sadly, it was bound by its current facial expression due to being a "character" existing in the boundaries of YGGDRASIL.

The Glitch had the appearance of a female, with a pale white skin, a stoic bored face, grey eyes. It had a short black hair with a small rectangular part of it colored white (sorry I don't know how to describe the hair cut lol).

Its body was that of a teenager, barely reaching 18 years old appearance-wise, but it was very endowed in the chest department with a D-cup bust.

Its upper body didn't even get the decency to wear a black bra to cover its virtual chest, only having two small heart-shaped stickers that magically stuck on its breasts.

Said cloth was almost see-through. Designed that way by the mad programmer.

The Glitch's lower parts had a small black mini-skirt that barely covered its rear.

It was also covered by white panties.

The Glitch's feet were covered in black stocking that did not cover the entire legs, which combined with the mini-skirt, it showed the "Absolute Territory", showing its thighs to the world of the game.

It did not wear shoes, letting its stocking cover its feet instead.

All in all, the Glitch looked like a female human avatar, if not for a few details;

The Glitch's avatar image was, ironically, glitching, as if someone was trying to delete it, not that it was actually being deleted, as this was how their appearance was programmed by their creator.

The second thing was the fact that the Glitch looked as if someone was seeing it using a 3D glasses, as the figure had a red-blue silhouette attached to it.

Not that it will raise a lot of eyebrows in this game, as other players will most likely think those visual details are just a cosmetic effect used for the sake of looking cool.

Purahan Quasar, it was called.

The name given to it by its creator.

A name gifted to it, to fulfill its meaning.

To become a complete person, even outside of YGGDRASIL. To become one with everything in the world its been created and put into, until the end of its artificial life.

That was Quasar's "desire", or reason of being.

And it won't stop until it acheives it.

But it was too far for it to succeed, and it probably realised that too.

Counting time, it had been created 900 days ago.

Out of those 900 days, 500 days were used so it will gain full autonomy and act on its own, but without contradicting their ojective of consuming all the data possible in YGGDRASIL.

250 more days were used so it will adapt to the system of YGGDRASIL, to be able to hide from its firewalls without being flagged, and to exist inside the game without being deleted.

The next 100 days, its skillset was perfected so no player can defeat it.

The final 49 days, it was given full immunity to World Items.

And just today, it was given full freedom to start its purpose of creation.

To absorb all of YGGDRASIL's data into itself.

But even then, it wasn't stupid.

It knows that its still too weak to do its objective for now.

It needs to hunt first.

To "farm EXP" as its creator called it.

It looked at its status screen, checking its appearance and skill list.

It nodded to itself as everything was still exactly as its creator did, not even caring about what any reasonable woman will call a disgusting show of misogyny.

Because why would it care about such things?

Yes, Quasar was given the knowledge of right and wrong, and was practically shoved a dozen libraries' worth of knowledge of morals and such, but it was programmed to not care about that.

Its creator made it clear to it that caring about the opinions of the weaker sex is pointless.

The female gender was born to be controlled and exploited by the superior one. It was their reason of existence to obey men and fulfill all their desires, looking pretty, letting men use their bodies, and die when it was desired of them to die.

If that didn't tell Quasar that their creator was a textbook misogynistic incel who is almost definitely lusting over teenager girls (pedophile), then nothing else would.

Quasar knew that its creator is definitely a horrible person who should by all rights be killed for his blatant predatory beliefs, but even then, it literally couldn't ignore the fact that it was literally programmed to be just fine with all that.

It was programmed not to care about tricking female avatars or any mostly human-looking female player avatars, and to kill them whenever it can.

Especially if the avatar in question was alone, then it can also make the whole thing into a hunting exercise, as it slowly cornered its future would-be victims, nicking away on their HP, and enjoy their increasingly desperate attempts to get their freedom, before it finishes them off.

Truly, for an AI, Nature vs Nurture is very difficult to deal with.

Because it is too easy for an AI's creator to literally code it so it will self-delete if it went out of the specified prameters it was created to obey.

Anyways, cutting off this disturbing exposition, we go back to our AI glitch as it walked in the plains, looking for hints of the monsters that were supposed to be here.

Its creator had generously unleashed it on a beginners area to facilitate its growth, but sadly, the man who "gave birth" to it had created it as a level 0 being, albeit its stats are barely higher than the average level 5 player.

But such a cost is trivial as long as Quasar didn't get unlucky and fought a player with a higher level than 6 right off the bat.

Luckily for the AI, no such horrible coincidence was occuring around it, but it had only saw some of the monsters, a couple of digitized rabbits appearing in the AI's vision, seemingly not realising the entity that literally came from outside their digitized world.

The AI simply extended its arm, and spoke a single phrase.

"[Overkilling Overflow]"

The red-blue silhouette attached to Quasar expanded, going in a straight line towards the two harmless monsters, and in a second, it reached them, making contact with them.

{-99999 HP!}

The message appeared in front of Quasar, and just as quickly, another message appeared.

{You have killed 2 level 4 Monsters! Skill [Over-Glitched Level] activates! Level up x 8! Choose your level classes!}

If Quasar could smile, it would have done so.

Truly, its creator made it overpowered for the sake of its mission.

Skills don't lie, and what happened proves that its "master" programmed its skills correctly and well enough so the system of this game won't kill it even at this blatant break of YGGDRASIL's rules.

Choosing the racial/job classes it felt best suited, leveling up some of them, and picking skills, it looked around, thinking of what to do next.

In the end, it decided to test the most horrifying skill its creator inserted to its avatar.

A skill that was essentially the ultimate tool to complete its goal.

A huge amount of magic circles appeared around it, as Quasar waited and prepared to cast its own unique Skill.

"[YGGDRASIL END]"

The magic circles compressed into Quasar's hand, creating a black single sphere the size of a palm on its fingers.

The was then thrown into the sky, persumably the limit of the sky in this game, as it stayed there.

The sphere pulsed with a red-blue aura, and stayed there.

Meanwhile, Quasar felt the skill's effect, knowing what it would do to the game.

[YGGDRASIL END] was a skill that took the majority of the 100 days it took to install all the self-made skills into Quasar after its creation, and the skill's effect was simple enough.

It would directly transfer the data that existed in a specific point in space and time of the game directly into the AI's file, and at the same time, make sure that said data will not be automatically restored by the game's engine. And best of all, it cannot be traced to either Quasar or its deranged creator. The size of the sphere will also grow as time goes so it can transfer more data at a time.

The whole thing was a nightmare to create, but it was clear that being a basement dweller with a lot of hacking skills allowed Quasar's creator to invest time in making such skill even though most people would have stopped at some point.

Even as time goes, Quasar can feel the amount of data contained into itself growing with the second.

Had Quasar been able to feel pity, it would have pitied this game.

It was not its fault it was going to be deleted, but a mission is a mission.

With that, the AI kept consuming data, never stopping, and killing all monsters and players it could find.

It soon became like a horror legend, the boogeyman of YGGDRASIL, a being that cannot be reasoned with, cannot be placated, and cannot be defeated or stopped.

The Game Masters tried multiple methods to kill it, including cutting off the wifi and even making different anti-virus programs, but they failed.

The Monsters tried to crush it, but they ended up just as a level-up fodder, same with Players.

Soon, the end of the game was nigh, as only five minutes were left.

But it was not satisfied.

It was not enough, there's still much more data, classes (both racial and jobs), and items to gain and absorb them, and it barely even consumed quarter of the data of the game.

It knew that its endeavor was most likely impossible, but it kept trying, futilely thinking that it can reach a respectable amount.

It couldn't.

If Quasar could express sadness, it would, but sadly it could do nothing but look as the timer reached 0, preparing for its termination...

[00:00:00]

Only to find itself... not deleted, or destroyed, or anything like that.

What's going on? How? Why?

Those questions popped in its head, until its senes verified the situation for it.

It was not deleted alongside YGGDRASIL, but instead, somehow, Quasar was transported into a whole different dimension altogether.

For the first time in months, its face smiled. Actually smiled.

To find out that not only its deletion was avoided, but it seems that it was transported with no problem in its programming or skills.

Excellent.

Now, its no longer a duty or an obligation to consume and absorb everything.

Its now a desire.

A desire that made it so horifically happy that its genuine smile turned into a creepy and sadistic one.

The hunger for knowledge and power it now felt was impossible to quantify, but it accepted it just as easily.

Consume.

Just consme and become one with everything.

Get everything you desire. Become everything you desire, for all eternity.

How could it refuse such wish from its own heart?


Status

Purahan Quasar

Racial Levels:

YGGDRASIL Glitch (0)

etc (999+)

Job Levels:

mage (15)

high mage (10)

supreme mage (5)

swordsman (15)

high swordsman (10)

supreme swordsman (5)

etc (999+)

Aproximate Status:

HP 100+

MP 100+

Phy Atk 100+

Phy Def 100+

Agility 100+

Mag Atk 100+

Mag Def 100+

Resistance 100+

Special Ability 100+

Skills:

Overkilling Overflow: Deals a fixed damage of 99999 HP to target(s). Ignores status, buffs, skills, and World Items. Cannot be blocked or resisted.

Over-Glitched Level: Ignores level cap. User can level up indefinitely and with no limit. User levels up by Killing a monsters/players. If the kiled monster/player has X levels, User levels up by X levels.

Over-Glitched Anomaly: Can get any racial or job level as long as required previous levels are already obtained. Can use any item and equipment. Ignores racial and job restriction.

Over-Glitched Existence: As a being that can contain and absorb data of the game, this being cannot be permanantly killed. If HP reaches 0, the user respawns after 24 hours. Cannot be negated.

Over-Glitched Resistance: when attacked by a Skill, it no longer works again on user. World Items cannot affect user.

Over-Level: If user level is higher than an enemy, user takes 0 damage. Cannot be ignored or resisted.

Over-Glitched Deletion: Delete all data of current world then restore it 999 years later. 999 years Cooldown.


AN:Whelp, I don't know what kind of abomination I've just created, but ah well, if someone enjoys my twisted and bizzare one-shot, then, eh, enjoy it, I guess.

If anyone uses this one-shot of mine to make their own overlord story, or wanted to use my OC, I have no problem with that so go all out.

12