Chapter 4: In Observation
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The path was non-ending for a vampire. Lost in the world, he wasn’t sure where he was going, nor where he’d been. The artificial brightness of the world compensated for the permanent loss of the sun—a gift from the lords of this world.

So boring tonight,” he whispered as he followed the path up to nowhere in particular.

Just as all the other nights, this one held nothing significantly different. A normal, dreary, night.

You complain too much, Judas.” A voice had him turning toward a familiar figure standing in wait near the thorn bush.

As expected of you, Cal. Are you following me tonight?” He couldn’t help but let a crooked smile escape his lips.

Every night, I suppose. What are you doing?”

Climbing up this hill...” Judas sighed. “Have any suggestions for something different?”

You wanna hit up the club?”

Judas flung his arms in the air. “That’d be a great idea! Let’s do that, as we’ve done so for the past one hundred nights!” His excitement faltered into a grimace. “Wait, no. Don’t you get it? We go to the club, we go to the cemetery, we go fuck, the end. Is there nothing else to a vampire’s life than this?”

Not here, where our masters want us to be.” Cal set his hands on his hips. “Fucking sounds like a good idea. Let’s do that, tonight.”

Judas rolled his eyes.

Cal swept over toward him, grabbing his hand and tugging him off the path into the shadows. “I’m serious. Right here.”

I’ll make it worth your while.”

Yeah? What are you thinking?” Judas thought he’d play Cal for the fool, just for a moment.

Turn around and I’ll show you,” Cal whispered, seductively.

Hmm, that doesn’t get me in the mood any faster.”

Cal straightened his spine. “Come on, Judas. You’re a vampire. You’re able to do whatever you want—“

Except walk around during the day,” Judas corrected him.

Why would you want to do that anyway?”

I just want to find something new. To explore the world a little more. Don’t you get bored of the same things every day?”

Cal’s lips pursed. His brows knitted. “No. I don’t. Listen, this is where our masters want us. We’re young vampire, and we have much to learn before we’re able to roam.”

You’re not that young. Your ceremony to Elder is soon. Besides, the vampires of the past weren’t restrained to such things. They were able to travel around with no problems.”

The past, Judas. That was the past. Things change I suppose, and we’re not supposed to argue with our masters.” Cal’s lips turned back up to a smile. “So how about it? Wanna fuck?”

Judas lowered his head. So this was all there was to life as a vampire, huh? If it wasn’t Cal, it was some human. He’d drain their life while plowing deep into their warmth until there was nothing left—no blood, no lust. Or it was another vampire—they’d drain each other while playing until they were both exhausted.

To drink, to fuck, to play, to haunt, to... dream of other things...

0